Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Does the JW distribute materials in Indonesia making accusations of paganism in the Christianity practised here?
I cannot say I do not read Indonesian although it probably includes elements which expose the paganism inherent in Christianity.

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and yet there is irrefutable proof that they contain pagan elements, whether you have the honesty to admit it or not.
Are the commemoration of Christ's execution and his resurrection Christian commemorations or pagan ones?

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

I cannot say I do not read Indonesian although it probably includes elements which expose the paganism inherent in Christianity.
It could maybe get churches closed down if politicians picked up on it and it could certainly get people killed. I hope you think it is important for your organisation to propagate such opinions. Paganism is not protected by the 1945 constitution.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Are the commemoration of Christ's execution and his resurrection Christian commemorations or pagan ones?
Christ gave no command to commemorate his resurrection and I suspect that if i dig deep enough I may find a link to some pagan parallel, who can say.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It could maybe get churches closed down if politicians picked up on it and it could certainly get people killed. I hope you think it is important for your organisation to propagate such opinions. Paganism is not protected by the 1945 constitution.
here we are in Jakarta, 2013, not a pagan symbol in site

man we are beautiful!

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

Christ gave no command to commemorate his resurrection and I suspect that if i dig deep enough I may find a link to some pagan parallel, who can say.
Isn't the resurrection of Christ absolutely central to the entire Christian belief system? Are you seriously suggestion that the risen Christ is a "pagan" belief?

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Isn't the resurrection of Christ absolutely central to the entire Christian belief system? Are you seriously suggestion that the risen Christ is a "pagan" belief?
No i am saying that the festival of Easter was a pagan festival that was hijacked by Christianity and thats why it contains pagan elements to this day. If someone has the honest and the integrity to acknowledge this, please let me know.

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

here we are in Jakarta, 2013, not a pagan symbol in site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx93UVW2B1A

man we are beautiful!
I hope you don't contribute to churches getting closed, burned down or Christians murdered on account of the fact you think of yourselves as "beautiful".

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

No i am saying that the festival of Easter was a pagan festival that was hijacked by Christianity and thats why it contains pagan elements to this day. If someone has the honest and the integrity to acknowledge this, please let me know.
You referred to what I described in my OP as a "pagan festival".

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I hope you don't contribute to churches getting closed, burned down or Christians murdered on account of the fact you think of yourselves as "beautiful".
We are Jehovahs Witnesses effhim, not a black metal metal band from Norway 😵

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You referred to what I described in my OP as a "pagan festival".
It has undoubtedly pagan elements effhim, even if its the crucifixes on the church wall. Now i need to leave here and when i get back i expect an acknowledgement that this is the case!

F

Moves
19 Apr 14

It has undoubtedly pagan elements effhim, even if its the crucifixes on the church wall.
You described it as a "pagan festival". And yet it was a commemoration of Jesus' death and his resurrection. The crucifixes make it "pagan"? What "pagan" deities were the people mentioned in my OP worshipping?

Moves
19 Apr 14

Are you personally permitted to parted of the emblems of the Lord's evening meal?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Firstly I would point out that Christ gave a single commandment to remember his death, there is nothing in scripture, not a single iota with regard to commemorating of his resurrection. This would be my first point, an appeal made on the basis of scripture.
We Christians were told by Jesus to remember HIM, not death. We Christians have choosen to celebrate and remember His resurrection because LIFE is more important to us than DEATH. However, we do remember that Jesus had to die to give us LIFE.

Obviously, the Gentiles had what was called pagan religions, but they were converted to Christianity and adapted some of their old religious customs to their new religion of Christianity.

Easter is Christian now and all the pagan symbols have been redefined to apply to the Christian beliefs. Go to a United Methodist Easter service for children and you will see what I mean. It provides a fun way for children to learn the Christian ideas.

rc

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
We christians were told by Jesus to remember HIM, not death. We Christians have choosen to celebrate and remember His resurrection because LIFE is more important to us than DEATH. However, we do remember that Jesus had to die to give us LIFE.

Obviously, the Gentiles had what was called pagan religions, but they were converted to Christianity and adapted ...[text shortened]... and you will see what I mean. It provides a fun way for children to learn the Christian ideas.
when you can admit that your form of worship is a hybrid of christian and pagan elements, then we can talk about what is true! I find it despicable that you use children to indoctrinate with your paganism. If you are not doing it at Christmas baiting them with presents, you are baiting them in at Halloween with sweets and if its not Halloween, its Easter! handing out chocolate eggs! In the immortal words of Daffy Duck, your dithpicable!

Rather interestingly there is a Methodist minister in the UK charged only this week with two counts of possessing class A drugs, I think that's the last place i would send my children, who knows what they might find in their Easter eggs, probably a few wraps of cocaine!