1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 02:34
    I meant to wish those who observe it a Happy Easter yesterday but forgot.

Despite being an ex-Christian, I attended a mass in a packed-to-the-rafters church at 6 pm yesterday evening but had to take my son home early when he got a bit agitated about the long service and having to stand about 30 metres from the church watching the proceedings on a TV monitor!

It'll be much the same on Sunday, I suppose.

Easter is a much bigger thing than Christmas for Christians here although I imagine the same would be mostly true the world over.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 09:59
    Originally posted by FMF

Despite being an ex-Christian, I attended a mass in a packed-to-the-rafters church at 6 pm yesterday evening but had to take my son home early when he got a bit agitated about the long service and having to stand about 30 metres from the church watching the proceedings on a TV monitor! ...[text shortened]... n Christmas for Christians here although I imagine the same would be mostly true the world over.
    The most sacred thing about Easter for me is the time off work.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 10:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The most sacred thing about Easter for me is the time off work.
    Good Friday is a public holiday here.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 10:58
    Originally posted by FMF

Despite being an ex-Christian, I attended a mass in a packed-to-the-rafters church at 6 pm yesterday evening but had to take my son home early when he got a bit agitated about the long service and having to stand about 30 metres from the church watching the proceedings on a TV monitor! ...[text shortened]... n Christmas for Christians here although I imagine the same would be mostly true the world over.
    Another pagan festival masquerading as Christianity!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:071 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Another pagan festival masquerading as Christianity!
    In what way do you suggest Indonesian Christians are engaging in a "pagan festival"? The masses held on Good Friday mark the death of Jesus and the masses held on Sunday mark the resurrection of Jesus.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:113 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    In what way do you suggest Indonesian Christians are engaging in a "pagan festival"? The masses held on Good Friday mark the death of Jesus and the masses held on Sunday mark the resurrection of Jesus.
    Are you saying that the so called christian festival of Easter is more than a stolen pagan festival? How so?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:18
    Are you saying that the so called christian festival of Easter is more than a stolen pagan festival? How so?
    No I am trying to imagine you getting up there with a powerpoint presentation and handouts and telling the Christians at my local church, who were marking the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, how what they were doing was a "pagan festival".
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I am trying to imagine you getting up there with a powerpoint presentation and handouts and telling the Christians at my local church, who were marking the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, how what they were doing was a "pagan festival".
    ok, sure, get me a gig and a plane ticket and ill be over pronto rapid.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:38
    ok, sure, get me a gig and a plane ticket and ill be over pronto rapid.
    What would be the main points you'd make about their marking the death and resurrection of Christ? What deities would you tell them that they're celebrating or worshipping in their supposed "pagan festival"? And how would you go about persuading them that their Christianity was, in fact, not Christianity but something "masquerading as Christianity"?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 11:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    What would be the main points you'd make about their marking the death and resurrection of Christ? What deities would you tell them that they're celebrating or worshipping in their supposed "pagan festival"? And how would you go about persuading them that their Christianity was, in fact, not Christianity but something "masquerading as Christianity"?
    I think robbie would just assume not recognize the death and ressurection of Jesus.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Firstly I would point out that Christ gave a single commandment to remember his death, there is nothing in scripture, not a single iota with regard to commemorating of his resurrection. This would be my first point, an appeal made on the basis of scripture.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 12:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think robbie would just assume not recognize the death and ressurection of Jesus.
    you assume to much you powerless son of an oligarchy.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 12:06
    Firstly I would point out that Christ gave a single commandment to remember his death, there is nothing in scripture, not a single iota with regard to commemorating of his resurrection. This would be my first point, an appeal made on the basis of scripture.
    His resurrection is absolutely pivotal to Christian belief. Surely Christians can gather together to recognize this? Where in scripture are they forbidden to do so? What do pagans have to do with Christ's resurrection?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 12:07
    Originally posted by FMF

Thank you
    Kelly
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    His resurrection is absolutely pivotal to Christian belief. Surely Christians can gather together to recognize this? Where in scripture are they forbidden to do so? What do pagans have to do with Christ's resurrection?
    so what, show me a single scriptural iota where Christ directs his disciples to celebrate his resurrection and I am in. Now if you cannot and lets face it you cannot, then one must ask the question from whence did it originate?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree