1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 00:1913 edits
    This goes out to everyone!

It is a day where I celebrate the only man I respect enough and love enough to call my God. A man who did not achieve worldly success and praise like most other people who have walked the earth, a man who died one of the most horrific deaths imaginable, yet he is perhaps the most famous of all men to date despite this. This is a man who challenges me every time I read about him to be more like him no matter how many times I may fail.

Within this one man resides all my hopes for a better tomorrow. We all have similar hopes no matter our beliefs. It may be the hope for a better government or some other religion, but we all have some hope of making the world a better place nonetheless. May our hopes not be displaced. This is all we can hope for. May we never give up hope no matter how dark the world becomes around us, no matter if we hang condemned to die with everyone spitting on us as we die. For without hope, life has little meaning.

When I think about the two thieves dying next to Jesus, I think of all of humankind. We are all dying and suffering to various degrees. We may not like it or understand it, but the only thing we do know for sure is that we will continue to suffer on some level and eventually die. So what will we do? Which thief will we imitate? Will it be the one mocking him and cursing him saying, "If you be the Son of God get us the @@@@ out of here, or will we be the one asking, "Please remember me when you enter paradise"?

Either way, know he is right there with us every step of the way and no matter how bleak it may seem, there is always hope in one Christ Jesus. There is no other man In which such hope can be placed.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 02:59
    I clicked on this thread expecting to find something sarcastic. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I hope your Easter is joyous.
  3. setlagole
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 05:45
    Originally posted by whodey

It is a day where I celebrate the only man I respect enough and love enough to call my God. A man who did not achieve worldly success and praise like most other people who have walked the earth, a man who died one of the most horrific deaths imaginable, yet he is perhaps the most famous of all men to date despite this. This is ...[text shortened]... re is always hope in one Christ Jesus. There is no other man In which such hope can be placed.
    Thank you, whodey.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 05:48

It is a day where I celebrate the only man I respect enough and love enough to call my God. A man who did not achieve worldly success and praise like most other people who have walked the earth, a man who died one of the most horrific deaths imaginable, yet he is perhaps the most famous of all men to date despite this. This is ...[text shortened]... re is always hope in one Christ Jesus. There is no other man In which such hope can be placed.
    Amen
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 08:05
    Have a great Easter everyone.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 08:38
    We all have similar hopes no matter our beliefs. It may be the hope for a
    better government or some other religion, but we all have some hope of making
    the world a better place nonetheless. May our hopes not be displaced. This
    is all we can hope for. May we never give up hope no matter how dark the
    world becomes around us, no matter if we hang condemned to die with
    everyone spitting on us as we die.
    I'll second that.

Happy Easter or whatever Equinox festival you celebrate.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 08:55

I don't celebrate Easter or any other pseudo Christian calendar festival, but I do wish you and everyone else here a splendid seasonal break, and I did like your note about the two thieves.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 10:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't celebrate Easter or any other pseudo Christian calendar festival, but I do wish you and everyone else here a splendid seasonal break, and I did like your note about the two thieves.
    Same here.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 11:06

In the light or what you said about a better tomorrow, what is you opinion of this passage and how it relates to the Kingdom of God:

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
    (Luke 17:20-24 KJV)

I am aware that many scholars think that Christ is saying that He is the Kingdom of God and He is now with them, but it think that there is more to this passage.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 11:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In the light or what you said about a better tomorrow, what is you opinion of this passage and how it relates to the Kingdom of God:

[i]And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the ki ...[text shortened]... is the Kingdom of God and He is now with them, but it think that there is more to this passage.
    Excellent question, I think it deserves its own thread.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 13:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Excellent question, I think it deserves its own thread.
    Thanks but before I start a new thread do you have a comment on the passage?
  12. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 16:21
    Originally posted by vivify
    I clicked on this thread expecting to find something sarcastic. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I hope your Easter is joyous.
    I did the same thing. It has been a very long time since I visited this thread. The resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other religions. Without it, we have no hope. As the old hymn starts out, "We serve a risen Savior". The chorus rings out in joyous tones, "HE LIVES, HE LIVES!" Because He lives, we too shall live. Happy Easter!
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 16:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thanks but before I start a new thread do you have a comment on the passage?
    Yes, but didn't want to put it here in the Happy Easter thread.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 16:49
    Happy celebration of the fertility sex goddess and in 9 months of gestation we [sic] will be celebrating the birth of this new God on December 25th.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '16 18:24

Happy easter Christians..........lets all now go and slaughter some animals and feast.

Dear Christians............In your Christian heaven, do the animals get slaughtered as well, and who gets that job.?

Does Jesus personally cut the throat of the lamb, whilst he sloshes on some red wine.

Think about what you believe and question everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree