1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 05:59
    I like Shakespeare's quote "There's neither good, nor bad, but thinking makes it so.", and so was the thinking separated from Life which manifested the concept that something can die, yet what dies is the belief that anything can, being when Life is awaken.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 07:37
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I like Shakespeare's quote "There's neither good, nor bad, but thinking makes it so.", and so was the thinking separated from Life which manifested the concept that something can die, yet what dies is the belief that anything can, being when Life is awaken.
    Still a bit hung over from Halloween?
  3. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 08:52
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I have never been in a forum before and I am suprised that so many persons just put forward so much untruth and call it truth, that I descided to not let that go unchallenged.
    The beliefs you state are just nonsense talk. They are just a kind af counterfeit theism strewn with illogical comments and mind games. You are being foolish with your bogus religion and so called religion teaching. Yours is a false doctrine based on false teachings.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 09:20
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Greetings Vishvahetu, (My nickname for you is Vish the Voluble, but only in a friendly manner. I will only use it henceforth with your permission.)

Advaita Vedanta and paths of the Buddhist way share many similarities, in fact I have read some good explanations by scholarly proponents from both sides of the discussion about Self (Atman) and Emptiness (Sh ...[text shortened]... l, is the 'greatest of the great'."
    >>>

What think you of that expanded view?
    Hullo fellow traveller...Voluble fine with me

Vedanta explains that God (first cause) has multifarious energies and with these energies the different worlds are manifested.

This paticular world of earth, fire, air, ether,mind intelligence and false ego is the playground for some living entities to lord it over others, and when they have become tired of the ongoing stuggle for existence they can take to the spiritual life and rekindle their lost sentiments for the Lord and return home to God Head.

The singularity is God, the Supreme Transcendental Person and everthing emanates from his Supreme Creative Potencies.

The material energy is not the all and all, but their is another dimension that is not temporary like this world, and it is beyond the conditioned mind and senses to percieve and understand, but it may be percieved by the purified mind and intelligence after raising the consciousness to the transcendental platform.

Brahman is explained as the Spiritual Effulgence of the Lord and the impersonalist may enter into this Brahman if that is their desire, but in this age of Kali Yuga it is foretold that men are short lived, poor memory, lack concentration, impious, lazy, have imperfect senses, have the cheating propensity and lack sincerity....so performing their perfect meditations to accomplished the task of merging into Brahman is practically impossible.

Apart from the spiritual sky (Brahman), there is the Spiritual Abode of the Supreme Lord and it is unlimited in size, and this is the destination of the pure devotees of the Lord and it is called Galoka Vryndavana.

Brahman being the Brahmajoyti of the Lord is where the successful Buddhist practitioner ends up and the individual identity is covered and seems almost annihilated, but after a very long time the spirit soul becomes restless and desires to be engaged in activity....because by nature the soul is dynamic and not static, so by the arrangement of the Lord the soul with-in Brahman returns to the material world and starts over.

Living in this world and trying to not experience duality, is very difficult, but the devotee of the Lord engages their mind, senses and intelligence in hearing, chanting, remembering the Lord and they dont have to make effort to negate material activities....because those spiritual activities replace the material ones.

Replacing the material activities with the spiritual activities, the devotee remains unattached to results and experiences bliss and happiness.

Negating this world may give peace....but will not give happiness or bliss, because to achieve happiness and bliss the devotee is eternally engaged in spiritual relationship with the Lord, and sentient exchanges take place within the loving heart, and after death the devotee returns to their real eternal home where their is unlimited spiritual rasa (activity).
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 12:04
    Hullo fellow traveller...Voluble fine with me

Vedanta explains that God (first cause) has multifarious energies and with these energies the different worlds are manifested.

This paticular world of earth, fire, air, ether,mind intelligence and false ego is the playground for some living entities to lord it over others, and when they have become tired ...[text shortened]... e devotee returns to their real eternal home where their is unlimited spiritual rasa (activity).
    Let me tell you something-I started this thread about "harmony" , me n' Taoman were arguing why life could be described as a dance, you say its a dance of death and suffering or whatever and then go on to quote several paragraphs that neither relate to harmony or back up your claim-lest I'm missing something.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 15:051 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Let me tell you something-I started this thread about "harmony" , me n' Taoman were arguing why life could be described as a dance, you say its a dance of death and suffering or whatever and then go on to quote several paragraphs that neither relate to harmony or back up your claim-lest I'm missing something.
    No your not missing anything, but certain spiritual persuasions do not tell it like it is, and describing life in this world like a wonderfull dance is a bit ambiguious, because really the world is a place of birth, disease, old age and death and suffering, with a speck of happiness in between.

So I am just telling it like it is, and that is what truth is all about, some times it is unpalatable.

The Buddhist teachings are always glorifying the oneness and the emptiness, but real spiritual life is not empty or oneness, but it is the highest transcendental varigated activity.

Many threads start with a common theme only to diverse into something else, it happens all the time and it only requires a person to ask an off-beat question, or a diversion may only seem like a diversion but still has some essence of the original.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 16:09
    Many threads start with a common theme only to diverse into something else, it happens all the time and it only requires a person to ask an off-beat question, or a diversion may only seem like a diversion but still has some essence of the original.
    You don't own a thread. A thread is not yours. Everyone contributes to the thread. So it's not a property of one person only. You cannot decide how a thread will continue.

Every insult is off-topic. Meaning that you are yourself responsible to every diverge from the topic. By insulting people you promote off-topic discussions. You are responsible for that.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:32
    Fabian there is not one post I have put up, that you have not answered....you are definately my biggest fan!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:44
    No your not missing anything, but certain spiritual persuasions do not tell it like it is, and describing life in this world like a wonderfull dance is a bit ambiguious, because really the world is a place of birth, disease, old age and death and suffering, with a speck of happiness in between.

So I am just telling it like it is, and that is what truth ...[text shortened]... stion, or a diversion may only seem like a diversion but still has some essence of the original.
    Well I guess we'll have to disagree.

Now whether you talk of bhuddism and vedanta, I couldn't really tell you which one would be better for me, but some people are always going to choose one over the other though.

I really dont like the way you use the word "bogus". Of course there a many bogus things around us, but I think there are quite a few intelligent people out there (rhp) that know when to respond and when not to. (they also percieve "bogus" things)
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 21:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Still a bit hung over from Halloween?
    You think I drink?

My kryptonite, drug, pain, torment, weakness is the females and why I live on the street and was stabbed 8 years ago, and the miserable mountain of overcoming, not to mention the intensified mental wrestle hell slaps my way daily.
  11. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:15
    I found some new agers make the mistake of settling for love and peace. I believe harmony is also a necessary ingredient to activate the mass spiritual life.
    My point here is that loving and being peaceful are fine but they do not imply any direction or movement. These concepts alone do not guide us through our daily lives. However a concept like "harm ...[text shortened]... s stay one step ahead of the crap and at the same time create/usher in a new world. 😵
    Good evening.

I think you are describing an important aspect of life. Harmony is about the relation of parts to a whole, be they voices to make a chord or a balance of virtues that facilitate Eudaimonia.

I know we fundamentally disagree about aspects of how the world is, yet from my perspective, I still think dialogue is possible. In my view, this forum would be a better place if people reflected upon whether meaningful dialogue was taking place, and refrained from responding if they reach the conclusion that it wasn't, and was unlikely to develop.

This is just a matter of personal taste, and what is meaningful is of course subjective. But for a while I have been wondering about the virtue of rational engagement with the cut-and-paste off-the-peg-worldview merchants. What do you think?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:16
    Well I guess we'll have to disagree.

Now whether you talk of bhuddism and vedanta, I couldn't really tell you which one would be better for me, but some people are always going to choose one over the other though.

I really dont like the way you use the word "bogus". Of course there a many bogus things around us, but I think there are quite a few ...[text shortened]... there (rhp) that know when to respond and when not to. (they also percieve "bogus" things)
    Bogus is a harmless word meaning not authentic...its not a rude word.

The Vedanta teaches God is the Supreme Transcendental Spiritual person, and Buddhism teaches that there is no God, so which are you attracted to and why?....you dont have to tell me, but you should look at that question for your own benefit at some time.

Namaste
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:182 edits
    You think I drink?

My kryptonite, drug, pain, torment, weakness is the females and why I live on the street and was stabbed 8 years ago, and the miserable mountain of overcoming, not to mention the intensified mental wrestle hell slaps my way daily.
    So, you were married, shagged around and got caught. She took you for everything you have and now you miss the free sex; so you decided to get some on the never-never from the pimp who lives near your doorway but couldn't pay Mr Big and ended up with a piece of his shrapnel up your white ass...?

What did I miss?
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So, you were married, shagged around and got caught. She took you for everything you have and now you now miss the free sex; so you decided to get some on the never-never from the pimp who lives near your doorway but couldn't pay Mr Big and ended up with a piece of his shrapnel up your white ass...?

What did I miss?
    Absolutely not a shred of acknowledgement to what I posted, and I forgive your ridiculousness as well, and ask that you not, for the 3rd time, try to have me removed from this group of discussing as all share their viewpoint, because I am not a paying member and they say it is the reason why I am so easily removed.

However, obviously someone feels guilt of conscience to specific things mentioned or I would not be removed so childishly the past previous 2 times.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:36
    Absolutely not a shred of acknowledgement to what I posted...
    I did my best given the restraint provided by your rambling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree