1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 12:521 edit
    I found some new agers make the mistake of settling for love and peace. I believe harmony is also a necessary ingredient to activate the mass spiritual life.
    My point here is that loving and being peaceful are fine but they do not imply any direction or movement. These concepts alone do not guide us through our daily lives. However a concept like "harmony" implies movement and direction, (even if that direction is meaningless).
    As the saying goes "idle hands are the devils plaything" . To me this means that it is not enough to be "loving" and "peaceful" and just sit back and wait for misfortune to strike. (This "misfortune" is actually a kik up the a$$).
    Now if you live a life that has the right balances, the righ ingredients and sufficient harmony, you can always stay one step ahead of the crap and at the same time create/usher in a new world. ๐Ÿ˜ต
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 15:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I found some new agers make the mistake of settling for love and peace. I believe harmony is also a necessary ingredient to activate the mass spiritual life.
    My point here is that loving and being peaceful are fine but they do not imply any direction or movement. These concepts alone do not guide us through our daily lives. However a concept like "harm ...[text shortened]... s stay one step ahead of the crap and at the same time create/usher in a new world. ๐Ÿ˜ต
    Peace and love are by products of living and practicing the spiritual life, and if people endeavour for peaces and love without the foundation of the spiritual life, then it will not endure, because these things are products of spiritual consciousness.

In the sixtys, the hippies established their peace and love movement, with a little help from some pot, and where are they today?

Real spiritual living starts with obstaining from drugs and alcohol, illicit sex, meating and gambling, and of course studying Vedanta and making the knowledge part of your own consciousness, and practicing the principles of purification. (purification of mind body and heart).

When a person lives and practices the spiritual life, they experiences peace and love without even making any endeavour for peace and love, because these qualities are established without effort when the spiritual life is lived.

Without spiritual living, there is no possability of achieving peace, love , harmony and happiness.

All (so called peace and love) that we see in this world, is artificial and is not real, because how could peace and love be achieved by the bodily senses coming into contact with the temporary material energy, its not possible and is therefore illusionary in nature.

Real peace, happiness harmony and love can only be achieved on the spiritual platform.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 15:45
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Peace and love are by products of living and practicing the spiritual life, and if people endeavour for peaces and love without the foundation of the spiritual life, then it will not endure, because these things are products of spiritual consciousness.

In the sixtys, the hippies established their peace and love movement, with a little help from some p ...[text shortened]... ature.

Real peace, happiness harmony and love can only be achieved on the spiritual platform.
    This post is dishonest, foolish and incorrect.
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 15:49
    My point here is that loving and being peaceful are fine but they do not imply any direction or movement. These concepts alone do not guide us through our daily lives. However a concept like "harm ...[text shortened]... s stay one step ahead of the crap and at the same time create/usher in a new world. ๐Ÿ˜ต
    Sounds to me like you associate harmony with a responsibility or general awareness of the things around you. Peace and love are all great, but if you don't have the areas of your life balanced out, it will be unsustainable (applicable to a lot of extremes or one ended streets in general). Very easy to get caught up in all the goodness of the new age aspects- people getting along, socializing and intermingling, substance abuse, people having a genuinely good time.

One must realize what is required to sustain such moods however. It takes the day to day realities (provisions/labor/state of mind). And don't forget, there's no such thing as peace without our displacement from chaos. I think it's interesting that you bring this point up- if I had to encapsulate my spiritual journey or progression, I suppose I could view it as a search for harmony. Both harmony within myself, amongst others and as a whole. I'm not sure there is any particular method outside of tolerance and peace/love
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 16:051 edit
    My point here is that loving and being peaceful are fine but they do not imply any direction or movement. These concepts alone do not guide us through our daily lives. However a concept like "harm s stay one step ahead of the crap and at the same time create/usher in a new world. ๐Ÿ˜ต
    Harmony is for musicians and hairstylists, it has no place in the home.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 20:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Harmony is for musicians and hairstylists, it has no place in the home.
    Life is a dance๐Ÿ˜‰
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 20:35
    Originally posted by ua41
    Sounds to me like you associate harmony with a responsibility or general awareness of the things around you. Peace and love are all great, but if you don't have the areas of your life balanced out, it will be unsustainable (applicable to a lot of extremes or one ended streets in general). Very easy to get caught up in all the goodness of the new age aspects- pe ...[text shortened]... as a whole. I'm not sure there is any particular method outside of tolerance and peace/love
    To find ones dharma implies finding ones path through life. Finding a path implies a journey of sorts and movement. So Finding ones correct movements in accordance with their dharma should put you on the right track, a track which challenges your strongly held beliefs.
    Sometimes you know your on the right track, it happens to me more and more. I feel I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, becoming a complete airhead and floating through life๐Ÿ™‚
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 20:441 edit

In the sixtys, the hippies established their peace and love movement, with a little help from some p ...[text shortened]... ature.

You haven't really addressed harmony except in a general, know-it-all way.

I disagree about the hippies sixties. I dont know where they are now, but they had a positive influence on my life, and I was born in 74 and my parents (or any of their friends) were NOT hippies.
    I got a vibe from that movement without having beeen directly involved in any way.
    Sometimes real spiritual living starts with drugs and alcohol for some. Maybe some of those with that fifties mindset that just needed to chill out to truly begin any real adventure. Getting in touch with their feminine sides and getting rid of the macho crap.
    A lot of those macho soldier types could still do with a heap more weed, try telling them that the 'spiritual life starts with abstaining from drugs and alcohol, illicet sex, meating (I guess that means hunting and eating meat) and gambling, and of course studying Vedanta'. Sometimes you first gotta talk to people at their own levels so they may open a little and then let go of some of the withheld negative energy. Whatever way this manifests, this really does not involve dictating "the truth" to people as you have seemed to suggest. One way does not fit all.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 23:531 edit
    Life is a dance๐Ÿ˜‰
    -death- IS the dance

Row row row ur boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily "death" is but a dream.

Christ said to Follow him, LIFE (intelligence), or let the dead (ignorant) bury their dead.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:291 edit
    You haven't really addressed harmony except in a general, know-it-all way.

I disagree about the hippies sixties. I dont know where they are now, but they had a positive influence on my life, and I was born in 74 and my parents (or any of their friends) were NOT hippies.
    I got a vibe from that movement without having beeen directly involved in any w ve dictating "the truth" to people as you have seemed to suggest. One way does not fit all.
    I hear you loud and clear, but when i am talking face to face with someone I generally dont get all the nonsense talk from people, and i guess its a lot harder for them to be dishonest when they talk directly to me......but in this forum ( my first one ) there seems to be a brave bunch of atheists who just spout any illogical comments to create some type of disturbance and I dont take too kindly to that......so I am just very direct and to the point, and if they stop playing their mind games and ask some sincere questions, then I would not have to keep telling them to stop being foolish.

You have to understand one thing, the world is really mad and crazy and its mainly due to the acceptence of atheism today as being an alternative to bogus religion....(and it is an alternative) when you have so called religion teaching false doctrine.

Its one thing for the rascal atheists to talk their false teachings,...but when religion does the same thing, its down right criminal.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 04:51
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    -death- IS the dance

Row row row ur boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily "death" is but a dream.

Christ said to Follow him, LIFE (intelligence), or let the dead (ignorant) bury their dead.
    lol! just.....lol! ๐Ÿ˜€
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 04:55
    I hear you loud and clear, but when i am talking face to face with someone I generally dont get all the nonsense talk from people, and i guess its a lot harder for them to be dishonest when they talk directly to me......but in this forum ( my first one ) there seems to be a brave bunch of atheists who just spout any illogical comments to create some type ...[text shortened]... to talk their false teachings,...but when religion does the same thing, its down right criminal.
    Ok Vish, I will say this once. You are right. Ok?

Now having said this I will make up all manner of excuses and cover my tracks for the fox that I am.
    I am greatful for our athiests friends. What ? You want them to come out and apologize for being athiest?
    Lol! BE well ๐Ÿ˜‰
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 05:08
    I hear you loud and clear, but when i am talking face to face with someone I generally dont get all the nonsense talk from people, and i guess its a lot harder for them to be dishonest when they talk directly to me......but in this forum ( my first one ) there seems to be a brave bunch of atheists who just spout any illogical comments to create some type ...[text shortened]... to talk their false teachings,...but when religion does the same thing, its down right criminal.
    You really think that insults are a way to change people, do you? Is this what the vedic books teach you? Is this the way you want to form the new world?

These are the insults I have found, only in yor last postings:

"nonsense talk"
    "brave bunch of atheists"
    "illogical comments"
    "some type of disturbance"
    "their mind games"
    "being foolish"
    "bogus religion"
    "so called religion teaching"
    "false doctrine"
    "rascal atheists"
    "their false teachings"
    "its down right criminal"

When will you learn that this is not the way to get respect. Respect for you as a person, and respect for the religion you try (and fail) to promote.

You really have to rethink! Or take the pills again.
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 16:18
    To find ones dharma implies finding ones path through life. Finding a path implies a journey of sorts and movement. So Finding ones correct movements in accordance with their dharma should put you on the right track, a track which challenges your strongly held beliefs.
    Sometimes you know your on the right track, it happens to me more and more. I feel ...[text shortened]... the right place, doing the right thing, becoming a complete airhead and floating through life๐Ÿ™‚
    And I believe finding your right track is in accordance to the scenario. The river doesn't stop flowing when a rock is in the way. Some hold beliefs that say the rock shouldn't be there in the first place and they deny what's all around them and thus deny their own path and dharma.
    So keep floating down stream karoly, ๐Ÿ˜€, your eyes are open so the rock won't smack you in the face
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 19:52
    Originally posted by ua41
    And I believe finding your right track is in accordance to the scenario. The river doesn't stop flowing when a rock is in the way. Some hold beliefs that say the rock shouldn't be there in the first place and they deny what's all around them and thus deny their own path and dharma.
    So keep floating down stream karoly, ๐Ÿ˜€, your eyes are open so the rock won't smack you in the face
    ...sure thing. And even if it does I wont be that surprised.
    (nice analogy๐Ÿ™‚ )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree