1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 21:22
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Thank you Vishva.

The discussion about the nature of the Supreme "Self" is as you know is an age old one. I am not up with all of the specific understandings of the more ancient Vedantic path you hold to, so you have informed me more. Advaita is a later understanding, one that I obviously align with more.

I don't think of "annihilation" so much as me ...[text shortened]... , but I feel it is not possible to fully define in human language That One.

Namaste.
    Yes its difficult to fully describe the spiritual, with the English language, but the Vedanta teachings come to us in the perfect language of Sanskrit which has many more words to describe the transcendental than all other languages.

The individual spiritual soul is spiritual energy, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead is also Spiritual energy, just like the drop of the ocean is the same substance as the ocean itself.......but the individual soul is dependent on the Supreme for its very existence, for without the Supreme there would be no us.

Namaste

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree