1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 13:157 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    you seem to have one rather glaring omission to your text, it does not mention the fact
    that the inspired word of God states,

(Psalm 37:11) . . .But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will
    indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. . .

(Psalm 37:29) . . .The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will
    reside forever upon it.

strange that you should fail to mention any of these promises of God in your attempt
    to clear up the matter. Indeed i suspect the truth of the matter is rather simple,
    there is a New heavenly government, headed by the King of Gods Kingdom, that
    being Jesus Christ and a new earthly society of righteous individuals, the New
    heavens and New earth, rather more clear than the obfuscations that you proffered.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 14:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you seem to have one rather glaring omission to your text, it does not mention the fact
    that the inspired word of God states,

(Psalm 37:11) . . .[b]But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth
    , And they will
    indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. . .

(Psalm 37:29) . . .The righteous themselves will poss ...[text shortened]... ls, the New
    heavens and New earth, rather more clear than the obfuscations that you proffered.[/b]
    =====================================
    you seem to have one rather glaring omission to your text, it does not mention the fact that the inspired word of God states,
    ============================================

Because I wrote a post and not a long book refering to every biblical verse on the subject, there is no "glaring omission" there. Just not hundreds of passages refered to directly.

===============================
    (Psalm 37:11) . . .But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. . .
    ==============================

New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven doesn't mean that the meek shall not possess the earth.

================================
    (Psalm 37:29) . . .The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will
    reside forever upon it.
    ================================

New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God does not mean that the righteous themselves will NOT possess the earth.

===================================
    strange that you should fail to mention any of these promises of God in your attempt to clear up the matter. Indeed i suspect the truth of the matter is rather simple, there is a New heavenly government, headed by the King of Gods Kingdom, that being Jesus Christ and a new earthly society of righteous individuals, the New
    heavens and New earth, rather more clear than the obfuscations that you proffered.
    ======================================

To the constituents of the eternal purpose of God "ALL THINGS" are ours:

"So then ... all things are yours, Whether Paul or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come; all are yours, But you are Christ's, and Christ is God's."

But if you wish me to include a good verse on the new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells, I am comletely cognizant of such passages, ie.

"But according to His promise we are expecting new havens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells." (2 Pet. 3:13)

The greatest part of the inheritance of the saved is to inherit God Himself as eternal life. There is no greater inheritance than that of God Himself as the indwelling life.

Do you want to be on a new earth without Christ indwelling you? Not me.
    Do you want to be in a heavenly government without Christ indwelling you? Not me.

I would rather be anywhere with Jesus Christ living in me than in Paradise, empty and devoid of the Spirit of Christ.

If you haven't seen that you really haven't grasped the New Testament.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:122 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=====================================
    you seem to have one rather glaring omission to your text, it does not mention the fact that the inspired word of God states,
    ============================================

Because I wrote a post and not a long book refering to every biblical verse on the subject, there is no "glaring omission" there Christ.

If you haven't seen that you really haven't grasped the New Testament.[/b]
    so you agree that there are a New Heavens, that being a new heavenly government, made up of Christ and the 144,000 co rulers who act as kings and priests in dispensing the merits of Christ's ransom sacrifice in bringing mankind back to a state of spiritual and physical perfection, free from sin, and a new earthly society in which righteousness dwells and which are loyal subjects of the Kingdom arrangement. we are making progress.

As for Christ dwelling within a person, i don't believe that it literally means that Christ is inside a person any more than Gods Kingdom is inside a person, otherwise Paul's words to 'put on the mind of Christ', make absolutely no sense. what is more, it is reminiscent of a kind of superstition, that one soul possesses another and dwells literally inside a person. We have access to the Holy spirit, 'the helper', to help us cultivate the fruitages of Gods Holy spirit, Galatians 5:22,23, but because of your trinitarian dogma, you are unable to distinguish between any of them and thus it has led you to make, in my opinion, these erroneous claims. Never the less, your sincerity is admirable and i bear you no ill intent.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Perhaps we could start a new thread on this subject as this thread is about the scripture I referred to at the beginning about the heavenly hope for some and the earthly hope for others. Thanks..
    I'm still wondering why you care about either of these? The only reason either
    is important is the reward of a relationship with God, beyond that who cares?
    Heavens and earth are just locations, the New Heaven and New Earth are
    still just locations! What our relationship with God is, is the only important thing
    in all of this, and inaddition to that New Jerusalem is going to end up where?
    Kelly
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm still wondering why you care about either of these? The only reason either
    is important is the reward of a relationship with God, beyond that who cares?
    Heavens and earth are just locations, the New Heaven and New Earth are
    still just locations! What our relationship with God is, is the only important thing
    in all of this, and inaddition to that New Jerusalem is going to end up where?
    Kelly
    because accuracy and truth are important to the Christian, or should be, this type of
    emotive thinking, 'what does it matter', is not based upon reason. Yes a relationship
    with God is paramount, but you are meant to be a teacher and its a strange set-up
    where a pupil asks of his teacher, 'what is the accurate evaluation', and the teacher
    replies, 'what does it matter.'
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:40
    because accuracy and truth are important to the Christian, or should be, this type of
    emotive thinking, 'what does it matter', is not based upon reason. Yes a relationship
    with God is paramount, but you are meant to be a teacher and its a strange set-up
    where a pupil asks of his teacher, 'what is the accurate evaluation', and the teacher
    "What does it matter" usually means "they don't know."
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:56
    You are going on about things that will be called by God not man, God will
    set the rewards not us. You seem to be talking about rewards that have
    to do with Heaven or Earth, and my question still is "So what, what does it
    matter?" mainly because it isn't going to be us who picks and chooses what
    will happen that will be God. What is for us to choose is how we live our lives
    in the here and now, and that should be to honor God in all we do as we live
    our lives in Him. So if we are doing that, who cares where we end up as long
    as it is with God? So yes, I feel like you are making a big deal out of something
    that you have no control over and no one else here does either.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 17:08
    "What does it matter" usually means "they don't know."
    It's not a bad question. In the original post you said, "This reflects the promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth." So you seem to think that there being a promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth, matters.

Why does that matter?

Or is it that *knowing that* matters?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 17:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    It's not a bad question. In the original post you said, "This reflects the promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth." So you seem to think that there being a promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth, matters.

Why does that matter?

Or is it that *knowing that* matters?
    Why would hoping and working towards something like that not matter? The Bible says it is something we can all have in our future but we have to work for it in many ways. The Bible also says few will actually get thru the narrow gate and gain that promised future.
    I think it should matter greatly to know how to accomplish what it takes to get there for us and our families. Right?
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 18:34
    Why would hoping and working towards something like that not matter? The Bible says it is something we can all have in our future but we have to work for it in many ways. The Bible also says few will actually get thru the narrow gate and gain that promised future.
    I think it should matter greatly to know how to accomplish what it takes to get there for us and our families. Right?
    Would the way of having one in our future differ from the way of having the other? That seems unusual.

By the way, you raise the issue of families. Will families be together or could the mother go to one and the father to the other?
  11. St. Peter's
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 19:08
    well well your eminence, who would have thought that despite your natural inclination
    towards megalomania you are also capable of, i wont call it humility at this stage, but
    a recognition of some type of limiting factor to your fervent egocentricity.
    at least one of us isπŸ™„
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 19:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You can think what you want. But according to the Holy Bible, you are wrong.
    I'm rubber you're glue, yadda yadda yadda.

If I am wrong, then prove that I am wrong. May I remind you that Old Testament references to supporting or engaging in war etc.. are irrelevent. Christ has given us a new paradigm, one built on love for our nieghbor
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 19:20
    So you are working for God's gifts and not God, because that is what it seems
    to me you are saying? The Lord has not made anything for us better than a
    relationship with Him, He has not given us anything better than that nor will
    He ever. I submit that if your only goal is working for something that God may
    give you, than it is that not God your are concerning yourself with.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 19:56
    I get it now..Duh!!!!!!!!! We're all wrong but you! Sorry but I'm just a little slow. πŸ™‚
    Glad to see that you are finally coming around.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 20:00
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    The most games I've ever played at once is 3. I chess in the slow lane. πŸ˜‰
    You need more excitement than that in your life. Go for it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree