1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 04:10
    I know this subject has been discussed before but another scripture to think about in showing that not all who are approved by Jesus for life, just go to heaven.
    The Sermon on the Mount in Matt 5:1-5 brings this truth out.
    Notice verse 3 mentions that a group will be in the "heavens" as it belongs to them.
    Notice verse 5 mentions another group that are mild tempered and the will inherit the "earth". Not heaven but earth.
    These are the two groups that Jesus himself mentioned later as a "little flock" and the other being a "great crowd" which were not a part of this little flock or fold.
    This reflects the promise of a new or cleansed heavens and earth.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 06:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I know this subject has been discussed before but another scripture to think about in showing that not all who are approved by Jesus for life, just go to heaven.
    Notice verse 3 mentions that a group will be in the "heavens" as it belongs to them.
    Notice verse 5 mentions another group that a ...[text shortened]... ittle flock or fold.
    Can you be more specific with the references relating to all your post please?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 14:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you be more specific with the references relating to all your post please?
    Matt 5:1-5...........
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 18:00
    Notice verse 5 mentions another group that a ...[text shortened]... ittle flock or fold.
    As with so many Bible passages, there seem to be differences of opinion:

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/905-matthew-5-5-meek-inherit-the-earth

This guy seems to to think the earth will be destroyed and he cites 2 Peter 3:10 for that. Where will the meek go then?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    As with so many Bible passages, there seem to be differences of opinion:

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/905-matthew-5-5-meek-inherit-the-earth

This guy seems to to think the earth will be destroyed and he cites 2 Peter 3:10 for that. Where will the meek go then?
    Opinions are a dime a dozen and that's all his is. The Bible is the source we should follow. When you start adding mans ideas and theories in it, the truth get's lost. Man was not the author of the Bible and man does not know the future except what is written in the Bible.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 00:49
    Opinions are a dime a dozen and that's all his is. The Bible is the source we should follow. When you start adding mans ideas and theories in it, the truth get's lost. Man was not the author of the Bible and man does not know the future except what is written in the Bible.
    Are you not a man as you use that term here? As far as I am concerned, these episodes of "Don't listen to him, he's just a (hu)man" said right after an episode of "listen to me" by a (hu)man, only confirm my resistance to listening to anyone who gets up on a virtual pulpit.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 01:14
    Originally posted by JS357
    Are you not a man as you use that term here? As far as I am concerned, these episodes of "Don't listen to him, he's just a (hu)man" said right after an episode of "listen to me" by a (hu)man, only confirm my resistance to listening to anyone who gets up on a virtual pulpit.
    Yes but I'm not telling anyone to listen to my opinion. I'm telling everyone to read and do what the Bible says to do, not any man's opinions.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 01:20
    Yes but I'm not telling anyone to listen to my opinion. I'm telling everyone to read and do what the Bible says to do, not any man's opinions.
    So you are saying, "Read and do what the Bible says to do, not any man's opinions, including mine." I didn't pick that up.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 01:31
    Man was not the author of the Bible
    1.Are you saying that once (maybe still) there existed a bible not written by a man?

2. Did god hand-write the original bible or dictate it?

3. In what language?

4. Do you believe it possible to translate exactly from one language to another?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 02:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]Man was not the author of the Bible
    1.Are you saying that once (maybe still) there existed a bible not written by a man?

2. Did god hand-write the original bible or dictate it?

3. In what language?

4. Do you believe it possible to translate exactly from one language to another?[/b]
    The men that pinned the Bible were simply the writers not the author.
    The old testement was written in Hebrew and Aramaic. The New Testement was written in Greek.
    The vast majority of the Bible has been preserved with the original meanings with the exception of a few minor changes that have been added or omitted to promote certian beliefs that are not taught in the original writings such as the trinity.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 03:00
    The men that pinned the Bible were simply the writers not the author.
    The old testement was written in Hebrew and Aramaic. The New Testement was written in Greek.
    The vast majority of the Bible has been preserved with the original meanings with the exception of a few minor changes that have been added or omitted to promote certian beliefs that are not taught in the original writings such as the trinity.
    So god dictated it?
    Who took the dictation?
    In shorthand?
    What happened to the original?

And wasnt the New Testament put together by some self-appointed holies in the 4th century? They decided what to put in and what to leave out (like gospels of Judas and Thomas).
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 06:34
    And such as the insertion of the word Jehovah into the New World Translation's New Testament 237 times?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And such as the insertion of the word Jehovah into the New World Translation's New Testament 237 times?
    considering that there are over 400 direct quotations from the Hebrew portion of scripture in the Greek text, one would think it rather odd if they were not included. We have concrete references for every one of the instances where we have deemed it appropriate to restore the divine name to its proper place. This was not done arbitrarily as you are now trying to assert.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 14:083 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Perhaps we could start a new thread on this subject as this thread is about the scripture I referred to at the beginning about the heavenly hope for some and the earthly hope for others. Thanks..
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 20:19
    Matt 5:1-5...........
    Thought so...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree