1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 18:112 edits
    Who want to live in accordance with Biblical principles. How would you help someone bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles? Clearly persons were able to do so in the past.

    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93391
    12 Feb '13 18:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Who want to live in accordance with Biblical principles. How would you help someone bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles? Clearly persons were able to do so in the past.

    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, no ...[text shortened]... ave been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
    what would a homosexual have to do/not do to live in accordance with the bible?
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 18:39
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    what would a homosexual have to do/not do to live in accordance with the bible?
    they would need to live chastely within the guidelines of the principles as outlined in scripture.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    12 Feb '13 18:56
    The best advice to give to the closeted homosexual is to accept yourself for what you are. Once you've taken that step you can rid yourself of the shackles of whatever closed-minded cult you may have become unwittingly ensnared with in your attempts to bury your true self and finally embrace the rainbow! The first step, as in all things - honesty.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    2106
    12 Feb '13 19:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    The best advice to give to the closeted homosexual is to accept yourself for what you are. Once you've taken that step you can rid yourself of the shackles of whatever closed-minded cult you may have become unwittingly ensnared with in your attempts to bury your true self and finally embrace the rainbow! The first step, as in all things - honesty.
    yes, well said
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    12 Feb '13 19:02
    Originally posted by e4chris
    yes, well said
    And yet you still want to join the christian church?
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 19:381 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    The best advice to give to the closeted homosexual is to accept yourself for what you are. Once you've taken that step you can rid yourself of the shackles of whatever closed-minded cult you may have become unwittingly ensnared with in your attempts to bury your true self and finally embrace the rainbow! The first step, as in all things - honesty.
    but how does this help the person bring his or her life into harmony with Biblical principles?
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    12 Feb '13 19:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    but how does this help the person bring his or her life into harmony with Biblical principles?
    Your.. er... his or her first option is to follow the teachings of Jesus and accept that the bible is a collection of ancient writings many of which are entirely irrelevant and/or morally bankrupt and worthy of rejecting. Or you... sorry, he or she could do what most modern christians do, and simply ignore or 'reinterpret' those parts of the 'sacred' scripture that yo... he or she disagrees with.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Your.. er... his or her first option is to follow the teachings of Jesus and accept that the bible is a collection of ancient writings many of which are entirely irrelevant and/or morally bankrupt and worthy of rejecting. Or you... sorry, he or she could do what most modern christians do, and simply ignore or 'reinterpret' those parts of the 'sacred' scripture that yo... he or she disagrees with.
    that's simply unacceptable and unworkable, its not helping the person at all bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles, they might as well continue as they are, or join a chess club, or a tennis club. Its naught but a spiritual buffet of convenience.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    12 Feb '13 20:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that's simply unacceptable and unworkable, its not helping the person at all bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles, they might as well continue as they are, or join a chess club, or a tennis club. Its naught but a spiritual buffet of convenience.
    It's perfectly workable - christians the world over manage every day. As to acceptable, well, I guess you'll just have to add it to your list, eh?

    Seriously, though, you probably are gay. Or at least bisexual.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91563
    12 Feb '13 20:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Who want to live in accordance with Biblical principles. How would you help someone bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles? Clearly persons were able to do so in the past.

    (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, no ...[text shortened]... ave been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
    Another gay thread... you need help.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 20:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It's perfectly workable - christians the world over manage every day. As to acceptable, well, I guess you'll just have to add it to your list, eh?

    Seriously, though, you probably are gay. Or at least bisexual.
    Its a nonsense, simply ignoring passages which are inconvenient and savouring those that are not. It takes the least line of resistance, the easy way out, requires not a shred of effort and does not face the reality of attempting to bring ones life and conduct into harmony with Biblical principles. You have made such a person not a friend of the Christ but an enemy, a lawless man, independent and unprincipled except with reference to himself and whatever he deems to be worthy.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    12 Feb '13 20:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Another gay thread... you need help.
    actuality its a continuation of the last, have you anything to add as to what may help or do you think it immoral that a person should change? Again, this thread is not about me, something you people are having extreme difficulty with.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    12 Feb '13 20:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its a nonsense, simply ignoring passages which are inconvenient and savouring those that are not. It takes the least line of resistance, the easy way out, requires not a shred of effort and does not face the reality of attempting to bring ones life and conduct into harmony with Biblical principles. You have made such a person not a friend of the Ch ...[text shortened]... ndependent and unprincipled except with reference to himself and whatever he deems to be worthy.
    But you yourself ignore passages you don't like. You come up with some 'new covenant' doublespeak to let yourself off, but you're picking and choosing, just the same.

    Paul was probably gay you know. Romans just reeks of it.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93391
    12 Feb '13 20:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they would need to live chastely within the guidelines of the principles as outlined in scripture.
    do you know what the guidelines and principles outlined in the scriptures are?
Back to Top