1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:33
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you know what the guidelines and principles outlined in the scriptures are?
    know them, plueeeeze, I am an expert.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:35
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    But you yourself ignore passages you don't like. You come up with some 'new covenant' doublespeak to let yourself off, but you're picking and choosing, just the same.

Paul was probably gay you know. Romans just reeks of it.
    nope i hold that all scripture is inspired of God, 2 Tim 3:16, the new covenant is a Biblical fact. Paul was not gay, he was celibate.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Another gay thread... you need help.
    Or maybe a reach-around?
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nope i hold that all scripture is inspired of God, 2 Tim 3:16, the new covenant is a Biblical fact. Paul was not gay, he was celibate.
    Yeah right, and Mary was a virgin.

Jesus was probably gay too - all that snogging in the garden of gethsemane...
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:47
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Yeah right, and Mary was a virgin.

Jesus was probably gay too - all that snogging in the garden of gethsemane...
    this is not helping.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:49
    this is not helping.
    Did you think this thread was going to support your cause?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 20:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did you think this thread was going to support your cause?
    yes i did, i thought the Christians, like sonship, or you, or suzzianne or anyone else might have some thoughts.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:101 edit
    Who want to live in accordance with Biblical principles. How would you help someone bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles? Clearly persons were able to do so in the past.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, no ...[text shortened]... ave been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
    I think the following is a more accurate translation of those verses:

[b]I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

(1 Corinthians 5:9-13 NASB)

But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)

P.S. Since we Christians are in and part of this world, we can not avoid association with immoral people. So Paul was clarifying that he was referring to those immoral people within the Church that are claiming to be Christian brothers.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the following is a more accurate translation of those verses:

[b]I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any s ...[text shortened]... e lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

(Revelation 21:8 NASB)
    how is this helping?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:16
    yes i did, i thought the Christians, like sonship, or you, or suzzianne or anyone else might have some thoughts.
    I've given my thoughts several times, and most recently a few days ago in one of the other threads; I was thoroughly abused of course.

The difference between you and I is that I pick my battles, whereas you are "on a mission from jehovah" (lower case).
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:181 edit
    oh, and that you are skirt-wearing raving ginger-Jock.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:24
    how is this helping?
    Since we Christians are in and part of this world, we can not avoid association with immoral people. So Paul was clarifying that he was referring to those immoral people within the Church that are claiming to be Christian brothers.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    oh, and that you are skirt-wearing raving ginger-Jock.
    chicks dig kilts, you know its true.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Since we Christians are in and part of this world, we can not avoid association with immoral people. So Paul was clarifying that he was referring to those immoral people within the Church that are claiming to be Christian brothers.
    but how is this helping those people who are inclined towards homosexuality, fight the inclination and to bring their lives into harmony with scripture?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 21:544 edits
    but how is this helping those people who are inclined towards homosexuality, fight the inclination and to bring their lives into harmony with scripture?
    I meant to refer to the following translation and then add the other reference verses to it and I forgot this one:

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NRSV)

The Greek words that are translated here as "male prostitutes" and "sodomites" actually refers to two partners in a homosexual relationship. The Greek word translated "male prostitute" means the effeminate or passive partner and the "sodomite" refers to the active male in this abominable sex act.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree