1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I meant to refer to the following translation and then add the other reference verses to it and I forgot this one:

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom ...[text shortened]... passive partner and the "sodomite" refers to the active male in this abominable sex act.
    yes but how is all his designed to help?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes but how is all his designed to help?
    I was trying to point out to you that it is the wilful act that is the sin and not the person. For example, a thief is associated with a sinful act. And also that we Christians are a part of this world and can only avoid people who commit immoral acts by leaving this world as Paul says. You teach we are to be NO part of the world, in contrast to what Paul says.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:13
    Who want to live in accordance with Biblical principles. How would you help someone bring their life into harmony with Biblical principles? Clearly persons were able to do so in the past.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, no ...[text shortened]... ave been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
    The church is a haven for child abuse and paedophilia and homosexuality.

At this moment in Australia there is a Royal Commission into child abuse and rape by the brethren of Christian Churches.

We are talking about hundreds of thousands of priest and Bishops and Cardinals who are involved in child sexual abuse and cover ups........All over the world.

The Church is infested at its foundation by sexual abuse of children.

For God sake the Pope has resigned in SHAME over this.

And you talk of help for homosexuals.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:24
    Originally posted by Dasa

At this moment in Australia there is a Royal Commission into child abuse and rape by the brethren of Christian Churches.

We are talking about hundreds of thousands of priest and Bishops and Cardinals who are involved in child sexual abuse and cover ups........All over the world.

T ...[text shortened]...

oh dear dasa, what have those naughty little monks been doing!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15507304
    http://www.examiner.com/article/buddhist-monk-charged-with-raping-girl
    http://www.sweenytod.com/rno/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=695

looks like buddhist monks like a bit of pedophilia and rape just like every other religious group.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 22:362 edits

T ...[text shortened]...

These type immoral people that are in the Church is who the apostle Paul is writing the Corinthian Church about in these verses I quoted before.

I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

(1 Corinthians 5:9-13 NASB)

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-10 NRSV)

The apostle Paul tells the Church to remove the wicked man from among yourselves for he is not really a brother in the faith. It does not matter if that man is a Priest or a Bishop, the other members of the church must not associate or eat the passover meal with him, but they are to remove him from the Church. The members of the Church must judge their own members and these members can not be helped by remaining within the church. They must be thrown out. The Roman Catholic Church has allowed these abominable acts to continue and will face God's judgment for it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:21
    I was trying to point out to you that it is the wilful act that is the sin and not the person. For example, a thief is associated with a sinful act. And also that we Christians are a part of this world and can only avoid people who commit immoral acts by leaving this world as Paul says. You teach we are to be NO part of the world, in contrast to what Paul says.
    yes but you have still not stated how to help those persons who are inclined towards persons of the same sex.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:251 edit

T ...[text shortened]...

i am not referring to paedophiles, do you understand, nor those who are already Christians, they will be dealt with according to the scriptures and secular law, i am talking about those persons who are inclined towards members of their own sex and who want to bring their life into harmony with scriptural principles. Is it so hard to understand?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:45
    yes but you have still not stated how to help those persons who are inclined towards persons of the same sex.
    I never said I knew how to help persons inclined toward persons of the same sex. I was only trying to clarify what the apostle Paul was writing to the Corinthian Church. I don't know how to help homosexuals. If the Holy Bible gives that information, I missed it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:50
    I never said I knew how to help persons inclined toward persons of the same sex. I was only trying to clarify what the apostle Paul was writing to the Corinthian Church. I don't know how to help homosexuals. If the Holy Bible gives that information, I missed it.
    ok, so you dont know, fine. what is the present conception with regard to those who are inclined towards persons of the same sex, that they can change or that their position is immutable (cannot change), how does this contrast with what the Bible teaches.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:531 edit
    ok, so you dont know, fine. what is the present conception with regard to those who are inclined towards persons of the same sex, that they can change or that their position is immutable (cannot change), how does this contrast with what the Bible teaches.
    Maybe those over at www.gaychristian.net or www.christiangays.com can help you.

And yes, they are real websites.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:54
    I don't know. However, I believe it would be okay for them to play with each other's genitals, but the act of sodomy is an abomination to God.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:57
    I don't know. However, I believe it would be okay for them to play with each other's genitals, but the act of sodomy is an abomination to God.
    Great post.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 23:58
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Great post.
    please dont encourage him.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 00:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Maybe those over at www.gaychristian.net or www.christiangays.com can help you.

And yes, they are real websites.
    no they are nonsense, they do not detail how a person can bring their lives into harmony with biblical principles, they make no mention of any changes and simply reiterate the same secular liberalist and pseudo scientific ideology that has clouded the issue.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 00:083 edits
    k, I am going to have to spell it out. The present ideology is that ones sexuality is immutable (cannot change), the Bible teaches quite the opposite and states that yes indeed, person who were inclined towards persons of the same sex do and can change. This is the first point of encouragement, for the person wishing to bring his or her life into harmony with gods word, it is possible to change as the scriptures indicate. Others have done it and so can they.

And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree