1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 14:192 edits
    By Mark 3:29 it is claimed that one who blasphemes against the holy spirit is eternally screwed.

The holy spirit is a muppet and can go kiss my arse!

ooops! I'm sorry!...please Christians, tell me how to become saved
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    By Mark 3:29 it is claimed that one who blasphemes against the holy spirit is eternally screwed.

[b]The holy spirit is a muppet and can go kiss my arse!

ooops! I'm sorry!...please Christians, tell me how to become saved[/b]
    i am quite sorry but Christians are under no duress to throw their pearls of wisdom before swine! quite obviously you know better, why don't you therefore save yourself and us the bother!
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 15:231 edit
    But is your loving God definitely going to equip my soul with pain receptors (and teeth to gnash) such that I never miss even the briefest sensation of agony from his torturous and sadistically loving fires of eternal punishment when I die?...Is there nothing I can do to prevent this?
    this question goes out to all those who believe in a literal fiery hell
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 15:36
    But is your loving God definitely going to equip my soul with pain receptors (and teeth to gnash) such that I never miss even the briefest sensation of agony from his torturous and sadistically loving fires of eternal punishment when I die?...Is there nothing I can do to prevent this?
    this question goes out to all those who believe in a literal fiery hell
    that would naturally exclude me, sorry for the inconvenience, try some of the born againers, they might explain why you will be toast, as for me, i hold that a God of love would never torment anyone for mistakes made while in a sinful condition, as for sinning against the holy spirit, it simply means that you will not be given the chance of a resurrection, thus you will remain dead forever, experiencing nothing, no pain, no torture, just nothingness!
  5. Break-twitching
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 19:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    that would naturally exclude me, sorry for the inconvenience, try some of the born againers, they might explain why you will be toast, as for me, i hold that a God of love would never torment anyone for mistakes made while in a sinful condition, as for sinning against the holy spirit, it simply means that you will not be given the chance of a resurre ...[text shortened]... thus you will remain dead forever, experiencing nothing, no pain, no torture, just nothingness!
    You are both incorrect. To blaspheme against the Holy Ghost is to deny His existence and to deny the gift of everlasting life offered by the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. What you are talking about has been referred to as the 'Cardinal Sin'. I, too, used to have problems with this passage, but through much study and conversations with knowlegeable pastors, I understand it now. Many Biblical persons cursed at and were angry with God for their afflictions, but God allows us to be angry...it is a very human emotion. However, the blaspheme that the Bible is referring to where one cannot be forgiven, neither in this life or the afterlife, is the sin of rejection-the outright rejection of a Holy God. Remember, if you can, the Bible states that all sin can be turned from scarlet to snow-white if the person is truly repentent; however, if one dies before accepting Christ as savior, that is the ultimate blaspheme against God and cannot be forgiven, hence the 'cardinal sin'.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    You are both incorrect. To blaspheme against the Holy Ghost is to deny His existence and to deny the gift of everlasting life offered by the death and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. What you are talking about has been referred to as the 'Cardinal Sin'. I, too, used to have problems with this passage, but through much study and conversations with knowlegeab ...[text shortened]... that is the ultimate blaspheme against God and cannot be forgiven, hence the 'cardinal sin'.
    you are talking absolute nonsense, many persons since the inception of humanity have died without knowledge of Christ, according to your definition this is the unforgivable sin, pure and utter 100 percent unadulterated hyper drivel, extra concentrated!

and contrary to your postulations i do not have any trouble with this passage, for it is quite clear that what it refers to is the action of the holy spirit, thus the Pharisees who were eye witnesses of the miraculous cures performed by Christ by means of Holy spirit were inexcusable for seeking to kill him, for the spirit bore witness that he was Gods representative, that is what it means, their actions are inexcusable for having seen an operation of the Holy spirit and yet they remain opposed! Christ is not God, never has been nor ever will be equal to Almighty God, another piece of drivel, and how is it possible that after having been acquitted of sin in this life through death are these sins supposed to be carried on to the next life, for quite clearly a sinner has paid for his sins with dearth, the wages of sin, but it is not enough for you reprobates, you would want to punish him in death also, my goodness man think about what it is you are saying!
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:23

It's Ok - You can't blaspheme against something you don't really believe in therefore your soul is not damned.

God is lovingingly having a mild chuckle. He knows you don't mean it.
  8. Break-twitching
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 06:15
    you are talking absolute nonsense, many persons since the inception of humanity have died without knowledge of Christ, according to your definition this is the unforgivable sin, pure and utter 100 percent unadulterated hyper drivel, extra concentrated!

and contrary to your postulations i do not have any trouble with this passage, for it is quite c ...[text shortened]... u would want to punish him in death also, my goodness man think about what it is you are saying!
    I have thought, and therefore I think you know not what you say. Capice?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 10:16
    Christ is not God, never has been nor ever will be equal to Almighty God
    Easy up Robbie; the definition of drivel is not "that which I disagree with".

I completely disagree with you on this quoted piece from your post, but it is not drivel.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 10:251 edit

You have some background with Jesus don't you??

Arrogance and ignorance are never attractive bedfellows, and are rarely accompanied by self awareness.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 14:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Easy up Robbie; the definition of drivel is not "that which I disagree with".

I completely disagree with you on this quoted piece from your post, but it is not drivel.
    yes, you are correct, in the words of the illustrious beetle , i bow and apologize, actually i felt a little remorse after posting, but still feel its an unsubstantiated claim!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 14:02
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I have thought, and therefore I think you know not what you say. Capice?
    you will sleep with the fishes!
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You have some background with Jesus don't you??

Arrogance and ignorance are never attractive bedfellows, and are rarely accompanied by self awareness.
    Yes I do have some backgroud with Jesus...some of my friends and family have faith in this imaginary person (not a non-son of God Jesus btw) and I wish they'd stop it!

I'm not arrogant, I know your God/Holy spirit doesn't exist 😉
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 15:13
    Yes I do have some backgroud with Jesus...some of my friends and family have faith in this imaginary person (not a non-son of God Jesus btw) and I wish they'd stop it!

I'm not arrogant, I know your God/Holy spirit doesn't exist 😉
    And yet you seek Him still.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 15:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And yet you seek Him still.
    nah...that bit I added onto my OP at the end was sarcasm...nothing more

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree