Holy spirit

Holy spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by Agerg
nah...that bit I added onto my OP at the end was sarcasm...nothing more
so what are you doing here, just trolling or what?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so what are you doing here, just trolling or what?
Consider this thread an exploration of the silliness that is abundant in your Bible

Your God has such tantrums over the smallest things!

rc

Moves
15 Feb 09
2 edits

Consider this thread an exploration of the silliness that is abundant in your Bible

you cannot tell the difference between your bum and your elbow, yet you seek to pontificate over the word of God, you are truly a deluded fool! and just for the record, to show how utterly deluded and prejudiced you are, perhaps you can tell the forum who my God is!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you cannot tell the difference between your bum and your elbow, yet you seek to pontificate over the word of God, you are truly a deluded fool!
Ah but I'll soon know the difference once the holy spirit kisses my arse! 😉

That Bible you revere so much is not the word of God!

Moves
15 Feb 09

Why do you care what I believe? I don't care what you believe! I stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You find it easy to throw rocks at Christians because you come from a postion of believing in nothing. From being a person who's sense of spiritual self esteme is generated by thier ability to mock others for their belief whilst being completely spiritually impotent yourself and unable offer alternative enlightenment. Even the 'educated' athists provide reason for their disbelief, even they have the courage to stand and debate scripture from an objective viewpoint (well some do!). You on the other hand have come close to those who believe and hold the light of life dear to their lives, and then trash thier reputations and debase thier beliefs in this forum with your pathetic ranting.

You got rocks to throw fella?....then bring 'em on or clear off down the pub with your chavy mates and stop insulting your creator.

rc

Moves
15 Feb 09

Ah but I'll soon know the difference once the holy spirit kisses one of them 😉

That Bible you revere so much is not the word of God!
oh the bad ol putty cat cannot even tell the smallest detail with regard to the nature of God, oh there there ol putty cat, never mind, you can still get a job licking stamps with the abundance of the saliva that you are prolific in producing, you have asserted that you are able to pontificate with regard to the God of the bible, yet you do not even know who he is, is that not an astounding and almost incredulous level of ignorance? i bet you don't even know who you are yourself, yet you are able to profess to others the nature of God, truly pathetic in the original sense of the word, i suggest you troll somewhere else!

rc

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Why do you care what I believe? I don't care what you believe! I stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You find it easy to throw rocks at Christians because you come from a postion of believing in nothing. From being a person who's sense of spiritual self esteme is generated by thier ability to mock others for their belief whilst being com ...[text shortened]... ing 'em on or clear off down the pub with your chavy mates and stop insulting your creator.
hes just a troll, sitting under the bridge waiting for some silly goats gruff to come along so he can eat them, if you dont feed him he just trolls somewhere else and we get to talk about something of substance, im done, cya!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Feb 09

You find it easy to throw rocks at Christians because you come from a postion of believing in nothing. From being a person who's sense of spiritual self esteme is generated by thier ability to mock others for their belief whilst being com ...[text shortened]... ing 'em on or clear off down the pub with your chavy mates and stop insulting your creator.
Divegeester listen to yourself!
you take attacks against your magic friend as an attack against you personally, and get yourself all hot and bothered over it.

That piece of scripture is surely worthy of debate no? Such a trifling little action having such profound consequences???

Moves
15 Feb 09

Divegeester listen to yourself!
you take attacks against your magic friend as an attack against you personally, and get yourself all hot and bothered over it.

That piece of scripture is surely worthy of debate no? Such a trifling little action having such profound consequences???
There's nothing wrong with getting "hot and bothered" about something you care about. Perhaps if you cared about anything you would realise this.

You scriptural question is a good one as you very well know; i'm just not going to debate it with a fool like you.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Feb 09
4 edits

There's nothing wrong with getting "hot and bothered" about something you care about. Perhaps if you cared about anything you would realise this.

You scriptural question is a good one as you very well know; i'm just not going to debate it with a fool like you.
To be honest I grow weary of the special treatment non-theists (not necessarily atheists btw) are expected give towards the mainstream monotheistic beliefs out there. Most don't extend such treatment towards the positions held by us *hellbound* heathens.
Yes my OP was somewhat belligerent, and even if I were of the mindset to take it back I cannot. The fact remains that your God is portrayed as a dummy spitting child unworthy of my respect/admiration not with just this piece of scripture but many others.

Oh and there are many things I care about btw...one of which is that I strongly hope that before I die I get to witness a tide of change against religiosity. Optimism in the extreme perhaps

Moves
15 Feb 09

To be honest I grow weary of the special treatment non-theists (not necessarily atheists btw) are expected give towards the mainstream monotheistic beliefs out there. Most don't extend such treatment towards the positions held by us *hellbound* heathens.
Yes my OP was somewhat belligerent, and even if I were of the mindset to take it back I cannot. The fact r ...[text shortened]... re I die I get to witness a tide of change against religiosity. Optimism in the extreme perhaps
Oh dear, are you being mistreated by the evil Christians? If you don't like it my friend, then don't hand it out.

You cannot separate Jesus from a Christian anymore than you can separate a father from his child. I believe you will find most christians on this site will be happy to move on into respectful debate.

I will politely suggest that your view of the sandal wearing, guitar twanging, gibberish speaking evangelical christian needs updating; certainly does if you want to engage this sinner in debate.

(With sincere respect of your right to hold any opinion of god or the bible you choose).

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Feb 09
5 edits

Oh dear, are you being mistreated by the evil Christians? If you don't like it my friend, then don't hand it out.

You cannot separate Jesus from a Christian anymore than you can separate a father from his child. I believe you will find most christians on this site will be happy to move on into respectful debate.

I will politely suggest that ...[text shortened]... e.

(With sincere respect of your right to hold any opinion of god or the bible you choose).
Hmm...I don't imply Christians are evil or anything else (other than wrong), I just strongly reject their claims and hold the position that there is little virtue in being so obsequious. If half of your country believed the world as flat and demanded that this idea should be taught in schools at the expense of other subjects, that your position the earth wasn't flat is amoral, that say your tax money was perhaps spent to bring about the construction of a great sea wall to stop ships falling off the edge of the world; I'm sure you'd be quite blunt in order to try and stop this craziness whereever you found it.
Unless of course laws were passed in order to silence you!

I do actually fear that the Blasphemy laws abolished in the UK will be reinstated if for every time the Christians or Muslims amongs us keep crying persecution, prejudice, blasphemy, we atheists apologise and promise never to do it again.

Moves
15 Feb 09

Hmm...I don't imply Christians are evil or anything else (other than wrong), I just strongly reject their claims and hold the position that there is little virtue in being so obsequious. If half of your country believed the world as flat and demanded that this idea should be taught in schools at the expense of other subjects, that your position the earth wasn' ...[text shortened]... g persecution, prejudice, blasphemy, we atheists apologise and promise never to do it again.
The feedback you got had nothing to with religious laws and you do not need to apologise or be silent in the risk of offending christians on doctrine, so please don't raise the alleged decay of freedom of speech as an excuse for forum trolling, just expect to get what you give, that's all.

As for christians being obsequious, I know what you are refering to and I resent demoninational servitude myself. In fact, although i prosess a christian faith, I do not attend church for that reason.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Feb 09

Yes I do have some backgroud with Jesus...some of my friends and family have faith in this imaginary person (not a non-son of God Jesus btw) and I wish they'd stop it!

I'm not arrogant, I know your God/Holy spirit doesn't exist 😉
I'm not arrogant, I know your God/Holy spirit doesn't exist

------------------agerg-----------------------

You know this how exactly?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
16 Feb 09
4 edits

Originally posted by knightmeister
I'm not arrogant, I know your God/Holy spirit doesn't exist

------------------agerg-----------------------

You know this how exactly?
I take it as axiomatically true that for any entity that exists then it cannot be contradictory, ie: above logic.
By this I mean that for two mutually exclusive and well defined properties P, ¬P then P^¬P is not a valid premise. Ie: let P = has three legs, ¬P = does not have three legs, then you cannot have as valid the premise that for Percy P^¬P is true, ie Percy has 3 legs and he doesn't have 3 legs in some specific unambiguous context

The popular Christian god can be demonstrated to be logically inconsistent and therefore I reject its existence. Freewill + all knowing God being an obvious example.
This is how I am so confident as to make that statement you quoted me on here.