1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 20:33
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

Your notion that freewill changes once you are 'born again' etc, is unbiblical. God does not take away freewill. You, GB and others need to rexamine what you believe because it is not in the Bible.

I never said such a thing and I don't believe anyone else here did either. Free choice is always free choice regardless if you are born agai ...[text shortened]... ot.
    The only one who controls the will other than the person is Satan if given the opportunity.
    SO someone is free to lose their eternal life as well ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 20:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Lets see .. you said:

You are making an assumption that because someone cannot lose their salvation, that there are no consequences. Furthermore your construct is not workable in real life - e.g. which sins cause someone to lose salvation? It is impossible to know, therefore impossible to teach and it is not born out by Biblical history.

1. An ...[text shortened]... of all Christians for all their lives is a nice delusion to believe but it is not in the Bible.
    Satan and his angels are (as you well know) not under the same covenant as mankind

I'm not assuming anything and therefore don't need to provide examples of my assumptions any more than you do of yours about satan and his angels

I'm not discarding consequences, in fact if you bothered to read my post carefully, you would see that I was exemplifying consequences.

Moses and David were ordinary human beings who were used by God to exemplify the Christian walk, placing other Christians "on a par" with them is exactly what their inclusion in the bible is for.

I have not claimed that "God overlooks sins" where did I say this? Claiming posters have said things that they have not said is becoming a habit you are too fond of.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 21:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Satan and his angels are (as you well know) not under the same covenant as mankind

I'm not assuming anything and therefore don't need to provide examples of my assumptions any more than you do of yours about satan and his angels

I'm not discarding consequences, in fact if you bothered to read my post carefully, you would see that I was exemplifying ...[text shortened]... aiming posters have said things that they have not said is becoming a habit you are too fond of.
    So what are the consequences which you were apparently exemplifying ?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 22:24
    SO someone is free to lose their eternal life as well ?
    As I stated. They would have to renounce Jesus as their Savior, or something along those lines. But again as I said, I am not certain about any of this.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 22:36
    As I stated. They would have to renounce Jesus as their Savior, or something along those lines. But again as I said, I am not certain about any of this.
    Hi checkbaiter. You said clearly that you are 'not certain about any of this'.

Is it possible......that there is a Creator, and we really have NO idea who this is?

I am questioning the validity of our 'BIble', and I firmly believe that I shouldn't feel guilty about this. The entire issue of a 'God' is purely a mystery......why is that such trouble for Christians, Catholics, Jews, Jehovah Witness, Buddhists, and all other religions to understand???

That.....we really have NO idea what is going on....or what is the truth.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 22:56
    What do you think the Bible says is what Im asking. I know many that have renounced Christ as their saviour.. Would going from bornagain Christian to atheist be equivalent to renouncing Christ ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:01
    Originally posted by chaney3

Is it possible......that there is a Creator, and we really have NO idea who this is?

I am questioning the validity of our 'BIble', and I firmly believe that I shouldn't feel guilty about this. The entire issue of a 'God' is purely a mystery......why is that such trouble ...[text shortened]... ns to understand???

No, this is what Satan wants you to believe....God has made himself known through the person of Jesus Christ and the bible.
    While I respect everyone's opinion, I believe God would not have created man and then left him to wonder. Especially in a world where the "wicked one" rules.
    To know God, one must be hungry. That is, have a deep longing to know him. Believe that He is and that He rewards those who "diligently" seek Him.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:03
    What do you think the Bible says is what Im asking. I know many that have renounced Christ as their saviour.. Would going from bornagain Christian to atheist be equivalent to renouncing Christ ?
    As I said, I do not have this knowledge. I do not know.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:04

I am questioning the validity of our 'BIble', and I firmly believe that I shouldn't feel guilty about this. The entire issue of a 'God' is purely a mystery......why is that such trouble ...[text shortened]... ns to understand???

What I am not sure of, is what Rajk is talking about, renouncing Jesus Christ.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:07
    No, this is what Satan wants you to believe....God has made himself known through the person of Jesus Christ and the bible.
    While I respect everyone's opinion, I believe God would not have created man and then left him to wonder. Especially in a world where the "wicked one" rules.
    To know God, one must be hungry. That is, have a deep longing to know him. Believe that He is and that He rewards those who "diligently" seek Him.
    My point all has been this: Christians believe that only, only they are correct.....and that Jesus is the only way to God.

What about the millions of people that don't agree with this doctrine? Something seems wrong, that only a minority of people actually know the 'truth', and all others go to hell. Something seems wrong with that.

I have stated in previous threads, that if Jesus died on the cross for ALL of humanity.....that he did not come to condemn....but TO SAVE, that ALL human beings are saved.....regardless of their belief system.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:11
    My point all has been this: Christians believe that only, only they are correct.....and that Jesus is the only way to God.

What about the millions of people that don't agree with this doctrine? Something seems wrong, that only a minority of people actually know the 'truth', and all others go to hell. Something seems wrong with that.

I have stated in ...[text shortened]... o condemn....but TO SAVE, that ALL human beings are saved.....regardless of their belief system.
    Jesus did come to "save" every one, but not all will receive or accept him.

Look, what if you died a horrible death to save John Doe. Then John told you or your memory to go take a hike? Because he believes he was saved by the Cookie Monster.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:16
    Jesus did come to "save" every one, but not all will receive or accept him.

Look, what if you died a horrible death to save John Doe. Then John told you or your memory to go take a hike? Because he believes he was saved by the Cookie Monster.
    That is my point checkbaiter.....Jesus came to save ALL. Regardless. Why don't you explain to me how Jesus will react when he finds out that in a remote village in Africa, many children will grow up and die.....without EVER hearing the name Jesus.

Are they doomed to hell?

There is a critical flaw in Christian theology today, and it quite blatant. Christians walk around as if they have a badge of honor on their chest, because only, only they possess the 'real truth'. It is comical and disgusting at the same time.

Jesus DIED for everyone. ALL are saved. ALL.

Otherwise, the doctrine of Jesus and Christianity are a joke!!!!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 00:22
    That is my point checkbaiter.....Jesus came to save ALL. Regardless. Why don't you explain to me how Jesus will react when he finds out that in a remote village in Africa, many children will grow up and die.....without EVER hearing the name Jesus.

Are they doomed to hell?

There is a critical flaw in Christian theology today, and it quite blatant. Ch ...[text shortened]... ryone. ALL are saved. ALL.

Otherwise, the doctrine of Jesus and Christianity are a joke!!!!
    My understanding is that those who have not heard will be judged according to their works? I don't know. It sounds reasonable but I don't know. My honest opinion is I don't know.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:01
    My understanding is that those who have not heard will be judged according to their works? I don't know. It sounds reasonable but I don't know. My honest opinion is I don't know.
    According to their works ??? YOU said that?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:231 edit
    According to their works ??? YOU said that?
    There is something in Romans about those judged without law. I am not very clear on this .

I do know that Jesus said no one comes to the Father except through him. But could it be that those who never heard this or the good news will be judged by the son? Then after the judgement some are welcome through Jesus?
    Again, this is all speculation, we don't know. You know what they say about opinions, every one has one, or something to that effect.
    What I do know, is that I am glad I do know the Lord Jesus and would not like to be in the shoes of those you speak of.
    As a footnote, let me add that God is Just and Merciful. He is Good and Kind and I will bet anything that He will do what is right.
    Besides, what choice do we have, He is God and I am not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree