1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 03:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So what are the consequences which you were apparently exemplifying ?
    Did you read my post?

David, was punished by losing the child despite him pleading with God. Afterwards he went and washed and worshiped. A pertinent example of repentance, washing with the word and moving on spirituality and temporally.

Moses struck the rock twice after being told to do so once. The consequence was that would not see the land God had promised him. I used to think this harsh, but here is a man demonstrating is frustration, anger and petulance with God and was punished for it. It was important because Christ died once and for all, he was the "rock" that was struck once and from which living waters flowed. There is a pattern and message in all these things and Moses ignored that at his cost. Moses also committed murder after God had called him, he refused to obey God, insisting he could not speak eloquently despite being brought up and educated in Pharaoh's court.

Both of these men suffered the consequences of their actions but no one would deny they they will not be in heaven.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:00
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Hi checkbaiter. You said clearly that you are 'not certain about any of this'.

Is it possible......that there is a Creator, and we really have NO idea who this is?

I am questioning the validity of our 'BIble', and I firmly believe that I shouldn't feel guilty about this. The entire issue of a 'God' is purely a mystery......why is that such trouble ...[text shortened]... ns to understand???

That.....we really have NO idea what is going on....or what is the truth.
    Yes, yes, we all know you are "questioning the validity of the Bible" you've said it so many times its ingrained in our minds. But so what. Lots of people question the validity of the Bible. Obviously you do feel guilty about this despite your protestations. Perhaps you should feel liberated that you have finally shed yourself of the burden of being a witness for Christ instead of flailing around and squawking at everyone.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes, yes, we all know you are "questioning the validity of the Bible" you've said it so many times its ingrained in our minds. But so what. Lots of people question the validity of the Bible. Obviously you do feel guilty about this despite your protestations. Perhaps you should feel liberated that you have finally shed yourself of the burden of being a witness for Christ instead of flailing around and squawking at everyone.
    Hey, I can question the Bible, in the same way that you make us all want to puke with your hell debates. Leave me alone.

"I have as much of a right to go to town as the next guy". Clint Eastwood, in Pale Rider.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:12
    Leave me alone.
    Says the big tough guy who calls me a "fake Christian" and an "a-hole".
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:281 edit
    Says the big tough guy who calls me a "fake Christian" and an "a-hole".
    Lol, lol. I just stumbled onto this, forgot that I posted here.

Hey dive.....I challenge you to a boxing match. Do you accept?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:46
    Lol, lol. I just stumbled onto this, forgot that I posted here.

Hey dive.....I challenge you to a boxing match. Do you accept?
    I thought you wanted to be "left alone".
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:50
    I thought you wanted to be "left alone".
    I am challenging you to a boxing match.......do you accept?

We will have months to train, do you accept?

There are probably a lot of posters who would like to see you get beat up in a boxing ring......and, I am just the person to do it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 06:02
    I am challenging you to a boxing match.......do you accept?

We will have months to train, do you accept?

There are probably a lot of posters who would like to see you get beat up in a boxing ring......and, I am just the person to do it.
    I'm sure you are a very credible and impressive individual in real life.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 11:55
    It is as FMF says, impossible to choose to believe; a person is given a measure of faith in order that day can believe. This moment will be passing and may return. Scripture bears this out:

"...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

Romans 12:3
    Yes, I think it is the faith of Jesus Christ...already in the believer. But to get to that point there has to be a willingness to believe after we have learned enough scripture where it makes sense? Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the word of God.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes, I think it is the faith of Jesus Christ...already in the believer. But to get to that point there has to be a willingness to believe after we have learned enough scripture where it makes sense? Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the word of God.
    I agree but I don't entirely agree; my view is that "we have all turned away" and are unable to repent without the spirit of god empowering us. Consider the process you just described, in reverse:

Hearing the word > Faith > believing > repenting > walking

At the point where someone "hears" God intervenes by "knocking" but yes, the person has to open the door. "behold I stand at the door and knock...if any man hears...

without the knocking there is nothing to hear - this I believe is the pivotal point between a person preaching the word and at the same time God "knocking". There has to be both.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 13:10
    I agree but I don't entirely agree; my view is that "we have all turned away" and are unable to repent without the spirit of god empowering us. Consider the process you just described, in reverse:

Hearing the word > Faith > believing > repenting > walking

At the point where someone "hears" God intervenes by "knocking" but yes, the person has to op ...[text shortened]... between a person preaching the word and at the same time God "knocking". There has to be both.
    Yes, God gets credit for all, that is "Amazing Grace" at work.🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree