This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:001 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Do you always answer your own questions?

Yes, without the Holy Spirit, Jesus' words are unclear, have you read the Gospels? The Pharisees were stumped by Him. The Saducees were. Many people left in confusion when He talked about eati ...[text shortened]... , no1. It's too bad you're too blinded by your pride to see it.
    Your arrogance is on display again, Darfius. This is always your fall back position: if the plain words of the Gospels disagree with the position of your fundamentalist cult you always have the "you can't understand the words unless you've already received the Holy Spirit" routine. Darfius and his tiny fundamentalist cult have a special understanding that no one else possesses because the Holy Spirit whispers in their ears what Jesus REALLY meant, whether He said it or not. What a joke you are, Darfius, to accuse someone else of "pride".
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:01
    You're clearly not interested in discussion or learning, so feel free to continue your monologue.

Any Christian knows Jesus is referring to those who would call themselves believers.
    Having seen some of your contributions to the recent Evolution thread the same could be said of you
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:02

5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:03

6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your arrogance is on display again, Darfius. This is always your fall back position: if the plain words of the Gospels disagree with the position of your fundamentalist cult you always have the "you can't understand the words unless you've already received the Holy Spirit" routine. Darfius and his tiny fundamentalist cult have a special under ...[text shortened]... , whether He said it or not. What a joke you are, Darfius, to accuse someone else of "pride".
    And you quote specific words of the Lord because you love your sin but know in your heart that you are destined for Hell.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How does such an incredibly vague quote in Psalms override Jesus' specific description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25?
    As verse 41 says out of Ch. 25 that hell was made for the Devil and his Angels.

The sheep are Christians that hear his voice, as Jesus has said in other verses.

And Goats are all the unsaved people.

More people will go to hell then heaven and the Bible is very clear of it.

Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:12

9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:12
    First your little snippet from Psalms refers back to God's demonstration of his promise to Israel. The author is praising God for his goodness for making Israel great among the nations.

But even if we allow you tremendous license, it does not support your claim. The Bible clearly states, and I have quoted one of the passages where it does this, that no one is blameless in the eyes of God. All have sinned. Asking whether I think it's fair is beside the point entirely. I am not God. You have said yourself that God cannot be in the same place sin is. Everyone has sinned, thus no man is justified except by Christ.

Why would Paul say that man is without excuse because God's existence is testified in Nature? He said because Nature (everyone can see).

Just as I am not God. Neither am I Paul. Maybe Paul was the original Intelligent Design guy. Your second phrase (It is just a phrase.) has nothing to do with the topic.

God has made His existence obvious in creation (Romans 1:20).

You have completely abused Romans 1. Allow me to quote more of the passage to put it into its correct light.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
    21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator–who is forever praised. Amen.

This passage backs up what I am saying. According to the Bible all of man has sinned.

And the nail in your coffin: Romans 5:13-
    For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

My goodness. You make this so easy. Let me give you some advice. Stop using Romans. You will get no where.

Again let's quote the passage.

12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned– 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

Here we see that once again all have sinned. Sin is not taken into account when there is no law, but Paul's point is that there is a law. Even those who did not directly disobey a word from the law are still sinners.

(Deuteronomy 1:39).

You could not have misquoted this one more. He is referring to the Israelite children entering the promised land. Moses and his generation would not get to enter. Joshua would, as would the children.

(Isaiah 7:16)
    Completely taken out of context.
    Here everyone read it for yourself. I'm growing weary.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%207;&version=31;

Matthew 2

Now you are using a metaphor from Jesus, but ridiculing No1's use of a parable from the same source?
    There is nothing here.

God never changes. If He spares little ones while they live, He will when they die.

He spares everyone while they live. You have not made a point.

I understand if you put me in a bad light, but don't lie to spread your misery.

I'm not trying to put you in a bad light. I think your interpretation is wrong. I have made a diligent effort to point this out. At first I thought that you just really couldn't accept that children may be condemned to hell. I am sympathetic to this and so I thought you might be looking to stretch the Bible too far. However, in light of some of the passages you have quoted, I can only conclude that either you have not read them in context or you are deliberately lying to win a point at any cost.

10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:13
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    So it's like the Neverland Ranch?
    We see where your mind is. And you call yourself a Catholic.

Children are innocent, us adults are not innocent of the wrath of God John 3:36
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:15

12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:18
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    OK, maybe not so funny. I have a sick sense of humor. God forgive me.
    How about ask God to forgive you in the name of Jesus and ask him into your heart.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:20
    Originally posted by telerion
    First your little snippet from Psalms refers back to God's demonstration of his promise to Israel. The author is praising God for his goodness for making Israel great among the nations.

But even if we allow you tremendous license, it does not support your claim. The Bible clearly states, and I have quoted one of the passages where it does this, that n ...[text shortened]... have not read them in context or you are deliberately lying to win a point at any cost.

Why would God spare the children so they could enter the Promised Land and then not spare them after they die? You make no sense. You clearly want children to go to Hell to justify your anger against God, tel.

I can show you several more instances of God sparing children. This is getting ridiculous. Children who do not understand what sinning is do not go to Hell for their sin. That is basic knowledge of God.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:23
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Tell me, how do you define Christian? You seem quick to question my faith. Do you really know what it means?
    He is to quick, no one can question a Christians faith or even test them.

They can only test themself.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 22:28
    Why would God spare the children so they could enter the Promised Land and then not spare them after they die? You make no sense. You clearly want children to go to Hell to justify your anger against God, tel.

I can show you several more instances of God sparing children. This is getting ridiculous. Children who do not understand what sinning is do not go to Hell for their sin. That is basic knowledge of God.

For those who always complain that I point out sins of people.

James 5:20 - let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree