How can a God of love send somebody to hell?

How can a God of love send somebody to hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
As nemesio has pointed out many times, what's in the Bible and what is not was decided hundreds of years after Christ. To define someone as a "Christian" based on their belief in Scriptures which were decided to be included in a "book" hundreds of years after the person the religion is named after is a bit odd. And of course, the entire New ...[text shortened]... am on Earth. Since to me Earth ain't that bad, then by analogy Hell won't be that bad either.
Except here you have experienced life on earth. What you have not experienced yet is the life in hell. Sure you may have heard what it is like. But to actually live there forever.........

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
Then why bother asking if the answer will be the same? Is redundancy a characteristic of a perfect God? Not all will answer yes, you simpleton. Some won't even be able to speak and some may have been raised in a jungle or a desert or whatever god-forsaken place you can dream of.
CHRIST WORD is not hidden. It is everywhere. Choosing to reject and call others show that you know the WORD. Therefore if shall the day come that you stand before CHRIST after rejecting HIM. You shall be placed in that place, where the wise go that have rejected CHRIST go. And all the simpletons that acceptted the WORDS OF CHRIST, will go to that place that GOD has prepared for us.

d

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
CHRIST WORD is not hidden. It is everywhere. Choosing to reject and call others show that you know the WORD. Therefore if shall the day come that you stand before CHRIST after rejecting HIM. You shall be placed in that place, where the wise go that have rejected CHRIST go. And all the simpletons that acceptted the WORDS OF CHRIST, will go to that place that GOD has prepared for us.
You have missed my point totally and rebutted with only more preaching.

Not everyone will hear the word of Christ, blindfaith101.

Children will die before they ever understand the message of Christ. Many people on this Earth live and are raised in remote areas and may never read a Bible or be reached by a missionary. It is impossible to state that everyone in their lives will at one point or another hear the gospel of Christ.

Do you think that even some 20 year old who is raised in a jungle tribe in the deepest part of Africa who knows no English and has never seen a Bible or knows what "Jesus" even means will be sent to hell by a merciful and just God?

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
You have missed my point totally and rebutted with only more preaching.

Not everyone will hear the word of Christ, blindfaith101.

Children will die before they ever understand the message of Christ. Many people on this Earth live and are raised in remote areas and may never read a Bible or be reached by a missionary. It is impossible to state ...[text shortened]... en a Bible or knows what "Jesus" even means will be sent to hell by a merciful and just God?
For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many have sinned without law shall also perish without law; and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles , which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these having not the law, are a law unto them selves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another. In the day when God judge the scerets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
ROMANS 2:11-16
All men have the knowledge of right and wrong in their own life. There fore those that have never had the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST, are judged by their personal knowledge of what is right or wrong.
Those that have heard about CHRIST and rejected him are judged on that rejection.

S

Moves
14 Apr 05

Those that have heard about CHRIST and rejected him are judged on that rejection.
If you have heard Christ, how can you reject him? I listen to the likes of you and Darfius et al. telling me I have to open my heart to Christ to allow him in, then I will hear him. But you're telling me that it is possible for people to let him in, hear him, and then reject him? How is this possible? Are you suggesting that it is possible to hear what Christ is saying, having opened yourself up to him and then to say 'well, you know what, I think I'll pass, I thought there'd be like free stuff or cash back or something'.

Surely if you open your heart to Christ and hear him, you're pretty much bound for paradise.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Starrman
If you have heard Christ, how can you reject him? I listen to the likes of you and Darfius et al. telling me I have to open my heart to Christ to allow him in, then I will hear him. But you're telling me that it is possible for people to let him in, hear him, and then reject him? How is this possible? Are you suggesting that it is possible to hear what ...[text shortened]...

Surely if you open your heart to Christ and hear him, you're pretty much bound for paradise.
I see it more like he knocks down your door a takes you captive. Although there's no agreement on that detail among Christians. Some say you can reject him, I say how is it possible to reject a God who's will is immutable. The hairs on your head are numbered. No detail is outside of God's plan.

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Starrman
If you have heard Christ, how can you reject him? I listen to the likes of you and Darfius et al. telling me I have to open my heart to Christ to allow him in, then I will hear him. But you're telling me that it is possible for people to let him in, hear him, and then reject him? How is this possible? Are you suggesting that it is possible to hear what ...[text shortened]...

In all that you have heard about CHRIST have you acceptted HIM

b

Moves
14 Apr 05

Originally posted by Coletti
I see it more like he knocks down your door a takes you captive. Although there's no agreement on that detail among Christians. Some say you can reject him, I say how is it possible to reject a God who's will is immutable. The hairs on your head are numbered. No detail is outside of God's plan.
With all you know about CHRIST have you acceptted HIM

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 05

Except here you have experienced life on earth. What you have not experienced yet is the life in hell. Sure you may have heard what it is like. But to actually live there forever.........
Since you haven't experienced either, your assertions that you KNOW what it will be like in Hell are laughable.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
14 Apr 05

Two consecutive posts. Two nearly identical posts. Two spelling errors. Come on, if you are an advocate for God, can't you pray to him to divinely inspire your writings so that you can spell accurately.

You cannot communicate the word of God if you cannot communicate.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 05

For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many have sinned without law shall also perish without law; and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles , which have not the law, do by nature the things contai ...[text shortened]... ght or wrong.
BF101: All men have the knowledge of right and wrong in their own life. There fore those that have never had the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST, are judged by their personal knowledge of what is right or wrong.

Has shown in numerous other threads, their is no Scriptural support for this "two tiered" approach to salvation. Jesus' explicit description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25:31-46 rejects it.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
15 Apr 05

Since you haven't experienced either, your assertions that you KNOW what it will be like in Hell are laughable.
I know one thing about Hell, there gonna be a lot of Thumpers residing there ,Preaching to a smiling satan.

b

Moves
15 Apr 05

BF101: All men have the knowledge of right and wrong in their own life. There fore those that have never had the opportunity to accept or reject CHRIST, are judged by their personal knowledge of what is right or wrong.

Has shown in numerous other threads, th ...[text shortened]... roach to salvation. Jesus' explicit description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25:31-46 rejects it.
THE WORD OF GOD stands true.

Lord Chook

Stringybark

Moves
15 Apr 05

THE WORD OF GOD stands true.
OK, Blindfaith, polish up your stones if you are God's servant and THE WORD OF GOD stands true (what is with the CAPS?)

Deuteronomy 17
   2If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

3And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Charming critter your God. Go on, get your stones!

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
15 Apr 05

"How can a loving God send anyone to hell?"

In Romans 9, Paul turns the question on its head. He asked, how can a just God not send everyone to hell. That is the question to answer. If all men are "vessels of wrath made for destruction," then why should a just and righteous God saving any? That anyone is saved from hell is a matter of God's grace and mercy.