1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Who are you? The heavenly Maitre'd?

No. I know what God has deemed to reveal to me in His Word.

Are all men/women not born with sin?

Yes. But you are not held accountable for your sin until you understand what it is--called the 'age of accountability'--which can be interpreted as anywhere from 13 through 19.

How old are you when you lose your innocence?

See above.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:08
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Psalms 98:9 Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears;
    but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike th ...[text shortened]... d. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. Isaiah 11:3-5

How does such an incredibly vague quote in Psalms override Jesus' specific description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25?
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]Who are you? The heavenly Maitre'd?

No. I know what God has deemed to reveal to me in His Word.

Are all men/women not born with sin?

Yes. But you are not held accountable for your sin until you understand what it is--called the 'age of accountability'--which can be interpreted as anywhere from 13 through 19.

How old are you when you lose your innocence?

See above.[/b]
    This is where my brother and I differ. I believe we are sinners at conception. There is nothing more selfish than an infant. But it is worse for those who no the law and reject it.

I don't know if infants will go to heaven. I think so will and some won't. There's nothing that I find clear in scripture to indicate infants have special status.

What I believe is infant's may go to heaven, but it would be wishful thinking on my part to assert they will.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:10
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Mathew 25? What text? Parables are not what I'd call clear.

If anything, it is a two tiered approach. Those who well go to hell and those who won't. Other than that, I don't think it's obvious.
    If the words of Jesus do not qualify then neither do vague snips of Psalms or Isaiah.

The verses I gave from Romans clearly demonstrate that according to the word of God all who have not been justified by the sacrifice of Christ are wicked, period.

Darfius' post failed to address this. His verses said nothing about a child being innocent. It also failed to point out how a person who never heard the word of God could live a righteous life.

I think Darfius is making BS of the Bible.

5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How does such an incredibly vague quote in Psalms override Jesus' specific description of Judgment Day in Matthew 25?
    Specific? Parables are anything but specific. Are you going to point it out are just repeat the blanket statement. No need to quote, just give a reference.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:12
    It doesn't. Matthew 25 is referring to those who call themselves believers. True believers do good works for selfless reasons. False believers either don't or do them for praise like Pharisees.

Learn what you're talking about before you do.
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:12
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I can't find it, although I remember reading it in Leviticus. Still looking.
    Lots of wild things in Leviticus, if it's anywhere, that's the place.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:14
    Mathew 25? What text? Parables are not what I'd call clear.

If anything, it is a two tiered approach. Those who well go to hell and those who won't. Other than that, I don't think it's obvious.
    Are you joking? Matthew 25: 31-46 is Jesus SPECIFICALLY describing Judgment Day! Do you consider that a "parable"??

When I said "Darfius' two-tiered approach" I obviously was referring to his view that people who heard the Word are judged on certain criteria and people who have not heard the Word are judged on different criteria. Your reading comprehension is pathetic, Coletti.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:16
    Specific? Parables are anything but specific. Are you going to point it out are just repeat the blanket statement. No need to quote, just give a reference.
    Try reading the actual Bible for a change, rather than the Westminister Statement of Faith or whatever. Matthew 25:31-46
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:17
    Originally posted by telerion
    If the words of Jesus do not qualify then neither do vague snips of Psalms or Isaiah.

The verses I gave from Romans clearly demonstrate that according to the word of God all who have not been justified by the sacrifice of Christ are wicked, period.

Darfius' post failed to address this. His verses said nothing about a child being innocent. It also ...[text shortened]... the word of God could live a righteous life.

I think Darfius is making BS of the Bible.

Surely Coletti, you agree with this?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:20
    It doesn't. Matthew 25 is referring to those who call themselves believers. True believers do good works for selfless reasons. False believers either don't or do them for praise like Pharisees.

Learn what you're talking about before you do.
    I defy you to find in Matthew 25 where it says believers only will be judged by those standards. Matthew 32 says specifically: "and before him shall be gathered all the nations"! Do you know what the word "ALL" means?????
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:21
    Are you joking? Matthew 25: 31-46 is Jesus SPECIFICALLY describing Judgment Day! Do you consider that a "parable"??

When I said "Darfius' two-tiered approach" I obviously was referring to his view that people who heard the Word are judged on certain criteria and people who have not heard the Word are judged on different criteria. Your reading comprehension is pathetic, Coletti.
    That depends. Are you a goat or a sheep.

It's a parable.

Mat 25:33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:22
    Now I have to spend hours finding every verse in the Bible that shows what I'm saying to be true?

Are you calling me a liar, tel? Are you purposely being difficult so as to put God in a bad light if I refuse to find the verse you can look up yourself?

Childish.
  15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    12 Apr '05 21:221 edit
    I think your references are much clearer, and I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree