How can a Good God send people to hell?

How can a Good God send people to hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, what you have is an excuse to blame someone or something else
for what you do. The bottom line is where is the choice being made,
and by whom, if it is you making it, it isn't an illusion your willingness
to blame someone or something else is a cop out.
Kelly
In your world, it would be comparable to a bunch of prisoners in a prison where every action is watched but not interfered with.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
In your world, it would be comparable to a bunch of prisoners in a prison where every action is watched but not interfered with.
In my world? It is what it is, you make your choices or not, if you are
the one making them they are yours. You complaining all choice is
something someone else wants should be proved by you since you
bring it up. Unless of course whatever is pulling your strings doesn't
want you to, than I guess our inquiring minds will simply be denied.
Kelly

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Matt5:14 "You are the light of the world." 16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
I love this.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, what you have is an excuse to blame someone or something else
for what you do. The bottom line is where is the choice being made,
and by whom, if it is you making it, it isn't an illusion your willingness
to blame someone or something else is a cop out.
Kelly
No. It is not mere semantics. This is important. If God is truely omniscient this logically precludes free will. The two cannot co-exist, because you can never make a choice other than the ones that God already knows you'll make - and since he chose to make you that was and no other, then you are merely God's puppet.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Sep 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
No. It is not mere semantics. This is important. If God is truely omniscient this logically precludes free will. The two cannot co-exist, because you can never make a choice other than the ones that God already knows you'll make - and since he chose to make you that was and no other, then you are merely God's puppet.
Genesis 2:19
Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

Genesis 18:21
that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

Exodus 3:16
"Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt.

Isaiah 38:5
"Go and tell Hezekiah, 'This is what the LORD, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life.

Jeremiah 9:7
Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people?

I would argue that like God not being able to make a square circle or
a rock so big it cannot be lifted, God knows all that can be known.
That doesn't mean that every iota information through all eternity
is known to God, but all that can be known is known by God. Since
he is God, God will work out all things to the good of those that love
Him and are called by His name.
Kelly