How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Oct 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Fabian claimed that no one knows God, that was his invention. If he has definitive proof he simply needs to present it and everyone will stop believing in God.
That's just an ad hominem strawman.

Moves
01 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
That's just an ad hominem strawman.
😴

Moves
01 Oct 17

😴
Sent to sleep by your own terminology.

Classic.

Moves
01 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Sent to sleep by your own terminology.

Classic.
Bored by your trolling is all. You know better than that Ghost.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
01 Oct 17
1 edit

Evidence that is objectively true? Since when do you believe in objective truth?
So you have no evidence.

Look, I never said there is no objective evidence for anything, and I never said that evidence here must be objective. You are just squirming from discomfort. As stupid as I am, you dj2becker deserve my disrespect.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
01 Oct 17

Bored by your trolling is all. You know better than that Ghost.
Ghost is not a troll. Thank you for confirming my opinion about you, djbecker2 or whatever.

Moves
01 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
So you have no evidence.

Look, I never said there is no objective evidence for anything, and I never said that evidence here must be objective. You are just squirming from discomfort. As stupid as I am, you dj2becker deserve my disrespect.
You asked for evidence that can be demonstrated and doesn't depend on opinion. Surely all evidence for the supernatural depends on opinion else everyone would be a believer.

Moves
01 Oct 17

Ghost is not a troll. Thank you for confirming my opinion about you, djbecker2 or whatever.
Then you should have no problem demonstrating that my statement was indeed an'ad hominem strawman'. I'll get some popcorn.

Moves
01 Oct 17

You tell me Dive, if God does exist to whom is He accountable? Who will prosecute Him for His actions? Do you not think God has a good reason for allowing a child to die of cancer? Do you have anything useful to contribute to this thread? As a Christian how do you rationalize a child dying of cancer? Or don't you? Do you have another explanation that is better than the one I gave? If so feel free to share it.
Is that a yes, a no, or a dodge?

Moves
02 Oct 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Is that a yes, a no, or a dodge?
No it's the law God put in place for all humans to follow. I've told you all this before.

Seems you are doing the dodging.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
Faith, my friend, faith.

According to the christian dogma, faith is all you need.
Evidence? Bah! Faith!
Faith, my friend, faith.

Evidence? Bah! Faith!

So ten thousand plus Jerusalem Jews began to switch from Saturday being their most holy day to "the Lord's Day", the 8th day of the week because of "faith".

To what do you attribute this sudden arrival of faith ?
Why didn't skeptics quench that faith by the presentation of proof that it was frivolous via producing the corpse of Jesus's body ?

There was plenty incentive to contradict the new faith from both religious and political power structures.

Do you have a decent alternative explanation of this evidence of the resurrection of Christ ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Oct 17
2 edits

No faith is not all you need. You need One to be FAITHFUL.

But aside from this quicky dodge, your next post I hope will give an alternative explanation to the switching of scores of Jerusalem Jews from Saturday Sabbath keeping, to "the breaking of bread" on the first day of the week, the so called "Lord's day" to celebrate His rising from the dead.

Why didn't those vehemently opposed to this new movement among Jerusalem Jews produce the corpse of Jesus to quell their enthusiasm ?

(Please don't just argue that I should have "faith" that you are thinking logically without your decent alternative interpretation of the evidence).

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Oct 17

You asked for evidence that can be demonstrated and doesn't depend on opinion. Surely all evidence for the supernatural depends on opinion else everyone would be a believer.
Why do you claim that nature (or even supernature, whatever that is) depends on opinion? The world, with all it's atoms and molecules doesn't slap you in the face, but I do. Am I supernatural?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
02 Oct 17

Then you should have no problem demonstrating that my statement was indeed an'ad hominem strawman'. I'll get some popcorn.
But I didn't shoulder that burden. Not that I couldn't, I merely did not. Your thought process is just a muddle.

Moves
05 Oct 17

Why do you claim that nature (or even supernature, whatever that is) depends on opinion? The world, with all it's atoms and molecules doesn't slap you in the face, but I do. Am I supernatural?
Some people have the opinion that there is more than enough evidence for the existence of the supernatural, some people like yourself don't share that opinion.