How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fabianfnas
I don't know anything about god, and noone else does either.
Do you know anything about god?
For you to rightfully say that no one knows God you would have to know what everyone knows, but as you have admitted you are not omniscient, so therefore you don't and hence cannot make the claim.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
According to Ghost an innocent child dying of cancer is incompatible with the existence of a perfectly loving God, leading to the inescapable conclusion that such a deity does not exist.

So my first question to Ghost is why is a child dying of cancer incompatible with the existence of a perfectly loving God? Because he says so?
Sin has its fruit, and it is death, death comes to everyone of us. Some times at our own
hands, some times at the hands of another, some times due to accidents, or sickness, but
we do know it is coming. It is coming on the young, old, and all in between. No escaping it,
not one of us can, we will all yield to it, till it is destroyed, the last of our enemies. So we
should be counting our days they are short, if we live to 8 or 80, live and do good, for
there is a time appointed.

F

Moves
30 Sep 17

For you to rightfully say that no one knows God you would have to know what everyone knows, but as you have admitted you are not omniscient, so therefore you don't and hence cannot make the claim.
You mean: Because I know that I don't know everything, then I don't know anything?
As a christian I should've said: Because I think I know some, then I know everything?
No, that's not right. Christians doesn't know more than anyone else of things that noone can know anything about.

I stick to noone knows everything about everything. And everyone stating this are wrong from the beginning.

Moves
30 Sep 17

You mean: Because I know that I don't know everything, then I don't know anything?
As a christian I should've said: Because I think I know some, then I know everything?
No, that's not right. Christians doesn't know more than anyone else of things that noone can know anything about.

I stick to noone knows everything about everything. And everyone stating this are wrong from the beginning.
You should rather say with the limited knowledge you have you don't believe that anyone can know God. We can safely assume that you know less than 1% of everything there is to know. In the other 99% of knowledge that you don't have there may well be evidence that for the existence of God that you are not aware of.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Too many testimonies in history contradict this.
You mean like, a plane full of people crash and die but miracle! Someone didn't die! Praise god.

If your god cannot handle the deeper tasks and still cure a child's cancer, then your god is either not all powerful or is not all loving. Deal with it.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 17

Says the omniscient Fabian.
Does the 'faith' thing confuse you? It is your camp that brings claims with no evidence.

Moves
30 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @apathist
Does the 'faith' thing confuse you? It is your camp that brings claims with no evidence.
You mean with no evidence that you will accept because it does not fit into the narrow paradigm of your belief system.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 Sep 17

You mean with no evidence that you will accept because it does not fit into the narrow paradigm of your belief system.
I mean evidence that can be demonstrated and doesn't depend on opinion.

Moves
01 Oct 17
1 edit

I mean evidence that can be demonstrated and doesn't depend on opinion.
Evidence that is objectively true? Since when do you believe in objective truth?

Moves
01 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @vivify
If I had the power stop a child from getting cancer but didn't, what would you think of me? That I'm a good loving person?

Christians give a pass to their god for things they'd normally find evil. A fancy titles such as "Alpha and Omega", and grandiose mythology of "holiness", infallibility, etc., somehow turn his flaws into mystical, magical qualitie ...[text shortened]... asically a god—and that they deserve to die for opposing him—excuses his murderous dictatorship.
Do you hold other people accountable to your own subjective moral law? Or are you evoking an objective moral law?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Oct 17

Do you hold other people accountable to your own subjective moral law? Or are you evoking an objective moral law?
This is the 'universal objective moral law' that doesnt apply to your version of God, correct?

Moves
01 Oct 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
This is the 'universal objective moral law' that doesnt apply to your version of God, correct?
You tell me Dive, if God does exist to whom is He accountable? Who will prosecute Him for His actions? Do you not think God has a good reason for allowing a child to die of cancer? Do you have anything useful to contribute to this thread? As a Christian how do you rationalize a child dying of cancer? Or don't you? Do you have another explanation that is better than the one I gave? If so feel free to share it.

F

Moves
01 Oct 17

You should rather say with the limited knowledge you have you don't believe that anyone can know God. We can safely assume that you know less than 1% of everything there is to know. In the other 99% of knowledge that you don't have there may well be evidence that for the existence of God that you are not aware of.
But that goes for Khali as well? If we know so little there is a good chance that in the rest 99%+ there is information about Khali there? Is this what you imply? And information about the Santa (the true Santa, not the commercial one), and the boogeyman and toothfeerie and so on? And not only the christian god?

Because when you talk about 'God', then you mean any god, don't you? Known and unknown?

F

Moves
01 Oct 17

Nono, faith is very easy to comprehend. You use 'faith' when you lack 'knowledge'.

Some have faith that black people are inferior. There are people who have faith that the world will go under tomorrow. There are faith in Trump, Obama, Clinton. So I will say that faith is religious in its very nature where knowledge is not needed by the faith-holders.

It's easy to have faith when knowledge are missing but you still want to be sure.

Moves
01 Oct 17

But that goes for Khali as well? If we know so little there is a good chance that in the rest 99%+ there is information about Khali there? Is this what you imply? And information about the Santa (the true Santa, not the commercial one), and the boogeyman and toothfeerie and so on? And not only the christian god?

Because when you talk about 'God', then you mean any god, don't you? Known and unknown?
You seem to be conflating your lack of faith in Khali, Santa, the boogeyman, tooth fairy and God with knowledge of their non existence.