How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

How can a loving God allow cancer to exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Oct 17

I guess the problem is the word 'evidence'. Clearly volcanoes are evidence that volcano gods exist.

Moves
05 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist
I guess the problem is the word 'evidence'. Clearly volcanoes are evidence that volcano gods exist.
No but a highly complex spaceship is evidence for the existence of a designer. At least to those with a bit of common sense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 17

Why do you claim that nature (or even supernature, whatever that is) depends on opinion? The world, with all it's atoms and molecules doesn't slap you in the face, but I do. Am I supernatural?
Any thoughts on this yet apathist ?

your next post I hope will give an alternative explanation to the switching of scores of Jerusalem Jews from Saturday Sabbath keeping, to "the breaking of bread" on the first day of the week, the so called "Lord's day" to celebrate His rising from the dead.

Why didn't those vehemently opposed to this new movement among Jerusalem Jews produce the corpse of Jesus to quell their enthusiasm ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
No but a highly complex spaceship is evidence for the existence of a designer. At least to those with a bit of common sense.
Look, please, dj. Your argument is the very best one I know of. I see it, there is more going on than just atoms bouncing around. This amazing reality has to involve deeper truths.

But please do a reality check. If reality REQUIRES a designer, then so does that designer. So you are just counting turtles.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Oct 17
1 edit

Look, please, dj. Your argument is the very best one I know of. I see it, there is more going on than just atoms bouncing around. This amazing reality [b]has to involve deeper truths.

But please do a reality check. If reality REQUIRES a designer, then so does that designer. So you are just counting turtles.[/b]
You don't answer any questions put to you, do you ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
06 Oct 17

Originally posted by @sonship
You don't answer any questions put to you, do you ?
Say what you mean.

Moves
07 Oct 17

Look, please, dj. Your argument is the very best one I know of. I see it, there is more going on than just atoms bouncing around. This amazing reality [b]has to involve deeper truths.

But please do a reality check. If reality REQUIRES a designer, then so does that designer. So you are just counting turtles.[/b]
What would be your objection if the existence of an uncaused first cause were suggested?

Moves
07 Oct 17
1 edit

What would be your objection if the existence of an uncaused first cause were suggested?
Because this weak argument (by Aquinas) was shattered by the simple realisation that 'an endless regress of causes' is actually an answer in itself. In other words (hopefully ones you can understand) If every cause has a cause, there is no need for a 'first cause.' Instead we are left with an infinite regress of causes stretching back in to the infinity of time.

Moves
07 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Because this weak argument (by Aquinas) was shattered by the simple realisation that 'an endless regress of causes' is actually an answer in itself. In other words (hopefully ones you can understand) If every cause has a cause, there is no need for a 'first cause.' Instead we are left with an infinite regress of causes stretching back in to the infinity of time.
Ok so if the big bang was caused, what caused it? Why in your mind could the big bang not have been caused by an eternally existing being, i.e God?

Moves
07 Oct 17

Ok so if the big bang was caused, what caused it? Why in your mind could the big bang not have been caused by an eternally existing being, i.e God?
Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang, Big Crunch.........Ad infinitum.

(God is just a human construct for those who struggle with the above).

Moves
07 Oct 17

Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang, Big Crunch.........Ad infinitum.

(God is just a human construct for those who struggle with the above).
Big Bang, Big Crunch because of what?

Moves
07 Oct 17

Big Bang, Big Crunch because of what?
Not God, that's for sure.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 17

Why?

Moves
09 Oct 17

Not God, that's for sure.
And you know this how?

Moves
09 Oct 17

And you know this how?
Reasoning. You?