its killed more people than all the others and produced more Atheists
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 00:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It has slandered it's God and killed more in his "name" who they don't even use.
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 00:57
    Yes, but why has it?

Would it not be due to they not seeing what Christ meant, his teachings?

The Church of Jesus Christ go to Hospitals for healing when they should be aware that the True Physician is destroying the lie of any ailment, or whatever the case may be, that all things are done -through- Christ which strengtheneth one.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 00:58
    Well just as you're not lumping me in with that set. My atheism is not the product of Christianity...I'm opposed to all claims of magic, and I reject all religions by virtue of a skeptical mindset. Your religion, joseph's religion, visvahetu's relig...sorry, ideas, all share the same weight of credibility from my perspective. Zero :]
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:01
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Yes, but why has it?

Would it not be due to they not seeing what Christ meant, his teachings?

The Church of Jesus Christ go to Hospitals for healing when they should be aware that the True Physician is destroying the lie of any ailment, or whatever the case may be, that all things are done -through- Christ which strengtheneth one.
    Yes Taco it is, but worse than that, they have caste aside the teaching of the Christ and established their own,can you imagine the Christ hurtling bombs, grenades at fellow worshippers? can you imagine him blessing weapons of mass destruction? they are fiends nailing time bombs to the hands of clocks!
  8. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:06
    no argument
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:06
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well just as you're not lumping me in with that set. My atheism is not the product of Christianity...I'm opposed to all claims of magic, and I reject all religions by virtue of a skeptical mindset. Your religion, joseph's religion, visvahetu's relig...sorry, ideas, all share the same weight of credibility from my perspective. Zero :]
    were you not brought up in a Christian household? yet rejected the teaching because it appears to you to be a semblance? a mere facade and an unreality?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    no argument
    no worries my friend, for you are known to be one of the most peace loving members of this forum, having brought to our attention that little children are being manipulated towards violence!
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:133 edits
    were you not brought up in a Christian household? yet rejected the teaching because it appears to you to be a semblance? a mere facade and an unreality?
    I was brought up with vague, and ill-defined reference to some God or other (forget whether it was the protestant or Catholic variant to be honest) and had acknowledged independently of religions that I don't believe in magic well before I recognised, as a corollary, that I'm an atheist. I say that I could have been brought up in a JW household or a muslim household (though in this case may have kept my trap shut to save my own bacon (haha!)) or any other religious household and the outcome would have been the same.

It's not just religions I reject, it's also souls, astrology, telepathy, ghosts, tooth fairies, flying carpets, santa claus, and anything else intrinsically unnatural.

Again, christianity did not form my way of thinking...it just evolved naturally.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:17
    no worries my friend, for you are known to be one of the most peace loving members of this forum, having brought to our attention that little children are being manipulated towards violence!
    All violence and it's vocabulary of many forms shall one day be obsolete.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:17
    I was brought up with vague, and ill-defined reference to some God or other and had acknowledged for my own sake that I don't believe in magic well before I concluded I'm an atheist. I say that I could have been brought up in a JW household or a muslim household (though in this case may have kept my trap shut to save my own bacon (haha!)) and the outcome would ...[text shortened]... natural.

Again, christianity did not form my way of thinking...it just evolved naturally.
    and so was i, brought up a nominal Christian with vague references to Easter and Christmas and Pancake Tuesday, totally devoid of any spirituality and it was a facade, but i always believed in God, regardless of the actions of others.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:19
    I was brought up with vague, and ill-defined reference to some God or other (forget whether it was the protestant or Catholic variant to be honest) and had acknowledged independently of religions that I don't believe in magic well before I recognised, as a corollary, that I'm an atheist. I say that I could have been brought up in a JW household or a muslim hou ...[text shortened]... natural.

I do not understand how an atheist rather belittle his intelligence to think there was not a CREATOR of all.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:203 edits
    and so was i, brought up a nominal Christian with vague references to Easter and Christmas and Pancake Tuesday, totally devoid of any spirituality and it was a facade, but i always believed in God, regardless of the actions of others.
    That's where you and I differ...I have never, for so long as is important (as a 4 year old I may not have questioned the sunday school teachings that I have no recollection of now - I believe I was subjected to a couple of them...may be wrong though) believed in any gods or supernatural things in general. My mind will not accept such notions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree