how is one defined as being Jewish?

how is one defined as being Jewish?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
How are they treated??
And why don't you ask them in the first place? Tell me what you are implying and I'll respond to that. Tell me also what this has to do with snipping off things from baby boys and baby girls!

From what country are you? And where do you currently live? Tell me also how you can stand your own hatred towards other people? Is it by knowing yourself you are judging others?

You are one tick from being put on my ignore list... The next response from you will decide whether or not how my respect to you will diminish totally or if you are able to restore some of it. Be careful.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I assure you, I am a father of two, and I am circumcised. I don't know why; I wasn't raised particularly religious. I promise you, though, that the process by which my children came to be (and that is about as tasteful as I can phrase it) was not in any way diminished because I didn't have a foreskin.

It wasn't diminished? What do you have to c ...[text shortened]... em from a search engine. So what? If they're not from my bookmarks then they aren't valid?
Well, how many people are circumcised during adulthood? If you can find people who were circumcised after being sexually active at least once, and continued to be sexually active after the circumcision, and can back the assertion up, then I'll cede that point as a minor purpose for a foreskin.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
And why don't you ask them in the first place? Tell me what you are implying and I'll respond to that. Tell me also what this has to do with snipping off things from baby boys and baby girls!

From what country are you? And where do you currently live? Tell me also how you can stand your own hatred towards other people? Is it by knowing yourself you are ...[text shortened]... my respect to you will diminish totally or if you are able to restore some of it. Be careful.
I'll take your refusal to answer as an affirmative unless you tell me otherwise.

Now, are you influenced by this anti-Muslim sentiment in your home country?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

Of course I got them from a search engine. So what? If they're not from my bookmarks then they aren't valid?
Well, it means something because you don't necessarily check the authenticity. This is not part of my argument, but I want you to note that all three of your sites are commercial sites.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09

Well, how many people are circumcised during adulthood? If you can find people who were circumcised after being sexually active at least once, and continued to be sexually active after the circumcision, and can back the assertion up, then I'll cede that point as a minor purpose for a foreskin.
I don't know the answer to your question - maybe you can do your own research? I frankly don't feel like doing it since I'm sure you'll find some reason to just dismiss it. It would be interesting to find out and Penn & Teller did an episode on their show where they interviewed some who did and said there was a difference. Of course I can't post a link to that show though.

The point is that you specifically said that you don't see any problem compared to having a foreskin when you frankly aren't in the position to make that judgment since you don't have anything to compare to.

I was circumcised and I don't "see a specific problem" just like you, but I'm not claiming to be a judge of it like you are.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09

Well, it means something because you don't necessarily check the authenticity. This is not part of my argument, but I want you to note that all three of your sites are commercial sites.
Where I found it doesn't have anything to do with the authenticity.

I admit that I scanned them and didn't read them in detail. I"m sorry, I have a life and higher priorities so I don't have all that much time to read all these things in detail. Oh well.

This is not part of my argument, but I want you to note that all three of your sites are commercial sites.

It's not part of your argument... so why mention it? If it's irrelevant (which it is) then it's irrelevant so not worth mentioning.

F

Moves
12 Jun 09
2 edits

I'll take your refusal to answer as an affirmative unless you tell me otherwise.

Now, are you influenced by this anti-Muslim sentiment in your home country?
Enough! 😠

For the protocoll (once again): Snipping baby boys and baby girls has nothing to do with religion. It's tradition.
Scherzo is a very bad representant for the moslem community. He is trying to make enemies out of everyone. I don't fall in that trap.

I'm not against any moslem, only fundamentalists of any kind. I have molsems among my friends, I learn from them, and they learn from me.

Scherzo is a joke (!) of a moslem, and a bad representative. He wants to be my enemy, then he will be just that. I put him on my ignore list, and hope that I will never have anything to do with him again.

Over and out, don't bother me anymore.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

I don't know the answer to your question - maybe you can do your own research? I frankly don't feel like doing it since I'm sure you'll find some reason to just dismiss it. It would be interesting to find out and Penn & Teller did an episode on their show where they interviewed some who did and said there was a difference. Of course I can't post a link to ...[text shortened]... cific problem" just like you, but I'm not claiming to be a judge of it like you are.
I'm not going to research your claims. I can only validate them.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Enough! 😠

For the protocoll (once again): Snipping baby boys and baby girls has nothing to do with religion. It's tradition.
Scherzo is a very bad representant for the moslem community. He is trying to make enemies out of everyone. I don't fall in that trap.

I'm not against any moslem, only fundamentalists of any kind. I have molsems among my fri ...[text shortened]... t I will never have anything to do with him again.

Over and out, don't bother me anymore.
Is it always this hard, like pulling teeth, when someone asks you a question about the extent of your religious tolerance? I have no interest in your circle of friends; Rajk999 apparently has some "Muslim" friends too, but he's one of the most well-known Islamophobes on the site. I asked you a very specific question about whether you were influenced by the Islamophobia of your country. If you refuse to answer, I will take it as an affirmative, and proceed with my conclusion.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09

I'm not going to research your claims. I can only validate them.
I doubt you'd validate them no matter how valid.

I don't blame you for not wanting to research them, after all it's typical to not want to search out information that might conflict with your prior held beliefs and you probably, like me, have other and better things to do.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

I doubt you'd validate them no matter how valid.

I don't blame you for not wanting to research them, after all it's typical to not want to search out information that might conflict with your prior held beliefs and you probably, like me, have other and better things to do.
So then don't post claims and expect others to back them up.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09
1 edit

So then don't post claims and expect others to back them up.
I didn't expect you to back them up, I might have asked you to do your own research if you wanted to but I didn't expect you to do it.

I didn't expect you to back up your own claims and you lived up to that pretty well.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

I didn't expect you to back them up, I might have asked you to do your own research if you wanted to but I didn't expect you to do it.

I didn't expect you to back up your own claims and you lived up to that pretty well.
Firsthand experience is my proof.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09
1 edit

Firsthand experience is my proof.
How many times have you had sex with a foreskin?

As I mentioned before, that isn't proof because you don't have anything to compare it to.

All you know is that you can live a fine life without it, which is true about the appendix, your pinky toes, your right kidney...etc.... and that's something I haven't argued against.

You have no proof.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

How many times have you had sex with a foreskin?

As I mentioned before, that isn't proof because you don't have anything to compare it to.

All you know is that you can live a fine life without it, which is true about the appendix, your pinky toes, your right kidney...etc.... and that's something I haven't argued against.

You have no proof.
Which has us running around in circles.

Yes, you're right. But you haven't shown me somebody whose experiences can compare sex w/ foreskin to sex w/out foreskin.