how is one defined as being Jewish?

how is one defined as being Jewish?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Which has us running around in circles.

Yes, you're right. But you haven't shown me somebody whose experiences can compare sex w/ foreskin to sex w/out foreskin.
So you admit that you don't actually have any proof?

I admit I haven't shown you anyone who can give personal testimony as to the differences. Nor will I - not because they don't exist, but frankly because the formats I've seen them in don't lend themselves to be linked here and it's not worth it to me to track that down just like it appears not worth it to you to actually base your argument with anything other than making claims that you can't and have not backed up, yet you hold everyone else to back theirs up.

You seem to claim to already know that there is no difference without any basis to.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn

I admit I haven't shown you anyone who can give personal testimony as to the differences. Nor will I - not because they don't exist, but frankly because the formats I've seen them in don't lend themselves to be linked here and it's not worth it to me to track that down just like it appears not worth ...[text shortened]... p.

You seem to claim to already know that there is no difference without any basis to.
I do not have any proof. I'm assuming that the sources that you have are inappropriate for a public forum, so I'll look tonight and get back to you.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
13 Jun 09

I admit I haven't shown you anyone who can give personal testimony as to the differences. Nor will I - not because they don't exist, but frankly because the formats I've seen them in don't lend themselves to be linked here and it's not worth it to me to track that down just like it appears not worth ...[text shortened]... p.

OK, I found this:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/whycirc.html

Which shows that PsychoPawn is not completely off the mark, but sex is not a rationale for or against circumcision.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
15 Jun 09

... but he's one of the most well-known Islamophobes on the site. .
I have become an Islamophobe due to the behaviour of scherzo on this site.

Thanks for opening my eyes, scherzo. Good job, I'll spread the word.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by CalJust
I have become an Islamophobe due to the behaviour of scherzo on this site.

Thanks for opening my eyes, scherzo. Good job, I'll spread the word.
My behavior is not defined by my religion; it is defined by the loss of my homeland. Arguably, I was harder-core when I was atheist.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
15 Jun 09

My behavior is not defined by my religion; it is defined by the loss of my homeland. Arguably, I was harder-core when I was atheist.
To be fair to you, let me try to understand what you are saying here:

To have lost your homeland you must have lived in Palestine (prior to 1948, or 1967) and at that time you were a hard-core atheist.

Then you moved to Ohio, converted to Islam and became a fanatic supporter of the PFLP.

I have to agree, an interesting story.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by znsho
Rusty, blunt knife OK, as long as God approves?

When are you Jews (and Muslims) gonna realise - it is child abuse!
it's none of your bee's wax, smeghead.

it is another one of those religions' public health measures clothed in religious language.

as a health matter, it may or may not still be relevant.

since one may deduce you are not a physician -- they are generally smarter than those who preach like you do -- you're entitled to your opinion, but it has no weight or authority because it isn't a medical opinion.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by znsho
In what way is circumcision (that is, vile, disgusting child abuse) against Judaism? Circumscision is FOR judaiism. That is, child abuse supports Judaisism.

If circumcison is supporting judaism, then , quite clearly, judaism is an evil, wicked supporter of child abuse.

Jews routinley abuse baby boys . As such, the religion is filthy. Prove me wrong.
one needn't prove anything about you

that you can utter such crap says all we need to know

you are a bigot, a fool, and I would warn you to stay out of Wash DC or keep your filthy hateful stupid mouth shut if you do come here.

right now, anyone making the kind of bigoted noises you make on the streets of DC is likely to get shot on first hearing by one of the army of black security cops and regular law enforcement folks.

they're sick and tired of people like you and having just lost one of their own -- they want some payback.

why don't you STFU and get lost

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Where's the paralell? What has the umbilical cord to do with anything in this debate? Is it within your religion to avoid cutting it or what?
Let's go back to the topic again...

You think cutting various parts of an infant okay?
Are you a physician, now?

is this your medical opinion you express?

you are just showing that you are once more an ignoramus

ever hear the term "private parts?"

make the choice for your own sons -- leave others to do the same.

none of your business

rc

Moves
15 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Scriabin

it is another one of those religions' public health measures clothed in religious language.

since one may deduce you are not a physician -- they are generally smarter than those who preach like you do -- you're entitled to your opinion, but it has no weight or authority because it isn't a medical opinion.
oh Scriabin, some sanity at last, can you answer my question, is it simply a matter of, if ones mother is Jewish, then one automatically becomes Jewish by default, and no matter what one does, even if one converts or whatever, one is still regarded as Jewish? for it is not so much a matter of Faith as I had presumed, but ethnicity?

rc

Moves
15 Jun 09

LOL, i havent heard 'smeghead', for ages, LOL

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Jun 09

[bSubtleties such as removing body parts? Not very subtle. I also would like to think there are more subtleties than circumcision. If there aren't then frankly the cultures are pretty worthless..[/b]
here is your "thought" process in a nutshell.

You arrogate unto yourself the power to judge other cultures that you completely fail to understand.

You are no different than an ordinary run of the mill bigot.

Your ignorance, failure to comprehend differences among people, but most of all, you failure to evaluate the legal rights of all parties involved in any sort of sane manner leads me to much the same disgust with you as I have with the other two idiots mouthing off their zenophobic nonsense.

You, too, should STFU about other cultures and issues you clearly are unqualified to judge.

It is your judgment that is worthless, creep.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, i havent heard 'smeghead', for ages, LOL
enlighten us, Robbie, dear friend. Tell us all what a smeghead is ...

what does it mean to call another man a smeghead? hmmmm?

Now, I know you of all people know how clean is clean -- but these other filthy bigots ... who knows where they've been?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by CalJust
To be fair to you, let me try to understand what you are saying here:

To have lost your homeland you must have lived in Palestine (prior to 1948, or 1967) and at that time you were a hard-core atheist.

Then you moved to Ohio, converted to Islam and became a fanatic supporter of the PFLP.

I have to agree, an interesting story.
I was born in exile in Jordan; my parents were from Ramallah and Beit Lahm. I was educated at the American University in Beirut, and moved to NYC after college, where I met my current wife. Now I'm living in Ohio.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Jun 09
1 edit

one needn't prove anything about you

that you can utter such crap says all we need to know

you are a bigot, a fool, and I would warn you to stay out of Wash DC or keep your filthy hateful stupid mouth shut if you do come here.

right now, anyone making the kind of bigoted noises you make on the streets of DC is likely to get shot on first hearing by ving just lost one of their own -- they want some payback.

why don't you STFU and get lost
He was banned from the forums because of that post, but he won't believe me.