1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 16:00
    Originally posted by CalJust
    To be fair to you, let me try to understand what you are saying here:

To have lost your homeland you must have lived in Palestine (prior to 1948, or 1967) and at that time you were a hard-core atheist.

Then you moved to Ohio, converted to Islam and became a fanatic supporter of the PFLP.

I have to agree, an interesting story.
    Oh, and about my religion:

I was born to moderately Greek-Orthodox parents. I became an atheist in college, and now I'm Shi'a.

My parents were Fatah supporters in their day; now they support the DFLP moderately. I used to support the PLO as a general organization until they fell apart in the 1980s and 1990s, and now I support the PFLP in Palestine, the PDUP in Jordan, and Hezbollah/LCP in Lebanon.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 16:01
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    enlighten us, Robbie, dear friend. Tell us all what a smeghead is ...

what does it mean to call another man a smeghead? hmmmm?

Now, I know you of all people know how clean is clean -- but these other filthy bigots ... who knows where they've been?
    LOL, i dunno, when i read it i could hardly type for laughing, my brother used to call me it, ill try to find out, LOL
  3. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:04
    Originally posted by scherzo
    He was banned from the forums because of that post, but he won't believe me.
    how do you know who has been banned?

I'm more than a little touchy right now -- which is, of course, hard to beat -- due to the shooting at the Holocaust Museum.

Every day, I enter a key Fed Gov bldg and go thru 5 or 6 private duty cops, mostly retired policemen and women. None of them make very much money, but folks like them have given their lives more than once in this town to save others from hate-filled, armed madmen.

I know some of these folks. It upsets me a lot to think of the guard who died last week opening the door to what he thought was an old man needing help. He was an only child and I know something of what his mother is going through.

That museum exists precisely to teach everyone who goes there what happens when people like the shooter get together and gain political power.

The faith, ethnicity, cultural tradition or political views of the victims of the Holocaust matter not as much as the clear, simple outrageous injustice of depriving whole groups of people of their rights, their property, their freedom, and then their lives just for being who they were, not for anything they did.

the scale and systematic nature of the Holocaust was beyond what most of us can comprehend, but it comes into you almost by osmosis by going through that museum. One doesn't see Jews, one sees people; young children, men and women, the elderly, whole villages, a way of life, and one feels, perhaps for the first time, what it means to have extinguished so many lives for such an evil purpose.

it is so basic, so simple -- yet as we saw last week, there are people who are so consumed by their own sense of powerlessness and insecurity that they must identify entire groups of people as complicit in the acts or characteristics of but a few individuals relative to the whole.

It violates every concept of law and justice of which I know.

after talking a bit with some of the guards I know, it is clear that they are going to be a lot more attentive, more suspicious and, I suspect, a lot quicker on the trigger for the forseeable future. They are sad, but they also are angry at extremists, hate-mongers, and they want a piece of them.
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, i dunno, when i read it i could hardly type for laughing, my brother used to call me it, ill try to find out, LOL
    Oh, come on, Robbie. You aren't going to like it when you find out what your own brother used to call you.

disgusting, is what that is.

btw -- the great old Manchester TV comedy Red Dwarf has a lead character who uses the term a lot.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:20
    Oh, come on, Robbie. You aren't going to like it when you find out what your own brother used to call you.

disgusting, is what that is.

btw -- the great old Manchester TV comedy Red Dwarf has a lead character who uses the term a lot.
    ah red dwarf, he used to love it, that where it came from? i once saw i guy at a party dressed up as the guy with the two heads, he carried it off beautifully 🙂
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 20:25
    here is your "thought" process in a nutshell.

You arrogate unto yourself the power to judge other cultures that you completely fail to understand.

You are no different than an ordinary run of the mill bigot.

Your ignorance, failure to comprehend differences among people, but most of all, you failure to evaluate the legal rights of all parties invol ...[text shortened]... issues you clearly are unqualified to judge.

It is your judgment that is worthless, creep.
    That's not my thought process at all.

I'm obviously xenophobic about my own Jewish culture. Of course, I have no place to criticize any part of it.

I never claimed nor argued the procedure should be banned or that it was "barbaric" like some others have.

The only thing I was saying that IF those cultures are only centered around circumcision (which I know they are not) then yes, I would say they are worthless. The muslim and jewish cultures are more rich than just being centred around a questionable medical procedure though.

If you think that's somehow xenophobic or bigotted then frankly, I can live with you having that misconception.
  7. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    That's not my thought process at all.

I'm obviously xenophobic about my own Jewish culture. Of course, I have no place to criticize any part of it.

I never claimed nor argued the procedure should be banned or that it was "barbaric" like some others have.

The only thing I was saying that IF those cultures are only centered around circumcision (w somehow xenophobic or bigotted then frankly, I can live with you having that misconception.
    Weasel
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 22:08
    Weasel
    Frog?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 23:14
    LOL, awe man, you two have almost reduced me to tears of laughter!
  10. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 00:32
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Frog?
    err, no.

what would be a Khazar, an Armenian? Don't have the accent for a Georgian, have yankee sympathies, though I follow the Red Sox.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 00:35
    err, no.

what would be a Khazar, an Armenian? Don't have the accent for a Georgian, have yankee sympathies, though I follow the Red Sox.
    Ok. I thought we were just naming animals 🙂

I'm more of a weird combination of Rhomanian, Ukranian and Puerto Rican.

Gladd we got that straight!
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jun '09 14:38

I'm more than a little touchy right now -- which is, of course, hard to beat -- due to the shooting at the Holocaust Museum.

Every day, I enter a key Fed Gov bldg and go thru 5 or 6 private duty cops, mostly retired policemen and women. None of them make very much money, but folks like them have given their lives ...[text shortened]... y are sad, but they also are angry at extremists, hate-mongers, and they want a piece of them.

He told me.

And I share your horror at the shooting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree