1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 15:232 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, that would fit under the catagory, #3. Save the typing. Organize your limited repertoire of pithy sayings. #1, "Glory HalleluYA!" #2, "evolution is a fairy tale for grownups", and so forth.

Since you are a one trick pony and profoundly brainwashed by your religion, I thought I would show you a way to save all that repeated typing.

It would also sa ...[text shortened]... ose pesky spelling errors like 'specualting'. Is that a cross between speculate and exalt?
    You are such a nice guy. However, you did not tell me how you came up with the million years.

P.S. By the way, 'specualting' was a typing error and not a spelling error. I just hit the 'a' key too fast.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 15:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are such a nice guy. However, you did not tell me how you came up with the million years.
    You are so blinded by your so-called religion you can't even see reality for what it is, instead, living a blind fantasy world inside your head while the rest of us can actually see for ourselves the world is not 10K years old.

So You can choose to live with your head fully up your arse but the rest of us don't like the smell so we live in the real world where there are literally thousands of evidentiary lines of reasoning the world is a LOT older than that.

The number of people who believe in your particular fairy tale becomes smaller every year, till finally the last one of you dies off and we don't have to listen to your kind of blather any more.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 15:41
    You are so blinded by your so-called religion you can't even see reality for what it is, instead, living a blind fantasy world inside your head while the rest of us can actually see for ourselves the world is not 10K years old.

So You can choose to live with your head fully up your arse but the rest of us don't like the smell so we live in the real worl ...[text shortened]... ly the last one of you dies off and we don't have to listen to your kind of blather any more.
    I think you are picking up some of my pithy sayings and adding them to your own. However, I still can not see a million years into the past. Be a nice guy and fill me in on how you do it. 😏
  4. Joined
    18 Aug '12
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 16:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    18 Aug '12
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 16:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 09:402 edits

P.S. By the way, 'specualting' was a typing error and not a spelling error. I just hit the 'a' key too fast.
    When you type letters you should be your own self editor and actually look at what you type. How many errors do you see me making in my own rants? That is because I look it over for mistakes, which I freely admit making by the dozen. But I self edit and fix them before they become part of the blogiverse.

As to the million years, it is you who choose not to understand the centuries of work done by thousands of scientists who can have their claims refuted or agreed with. There is no vast conspiracy of atheists contriving to kill religion, much as I would wish for such an effort, there are only well minded people who see through the hyperbole and dogma and downright lies of religion.

If a scientist makes a statement, like Darwin, there are those who agree and those who disagree, in writing in respectable scientific journals. It is then up to the quality of the evidence which convinces other scientists of the validity of claims.

The spreading of the ocean bottom at the mid-Atlantic ridge is one example.

When a rock gets heated to liquid state it loses all trace of magnetism. That is a fact. So when the rock cools down, it picks up the orientation of the local magnetic field, whatever is nearby. That nearby field in the bottom of the ocean happens to be the world wide magnetic field of the Earth.

So by measuring the magnetic field the time can be established of when the rock went magnetic because the field of the Earth undergoes continual changes and in fact regularly (on time scales of a few hundred thousand years) flips north and south so at certain times in the life of the Earth a compass which we make now would point in the exact opposite direction, north looking like it was south and so forth.

So putting all that together, we see a record of the state of the magnetic field on the Earth and can put together when the rock solidified.

It proves the continent of the America's and the continent of Europe are moving away from one another, which is called continental drift.
    That happens on the order of inches per year, or centimeters per year if you will.
    It is measured directly by GPS equipment far more accurate than the kind we use in cars for navigation. There are variants of GPS units that can measure directly a movement of one inch on the scale of the entire Earth.

The time frames for that goes back millions of years.

The fact that you think you can just go "Nya Nya Nya, I am plugging up my ears, I don't hear you' is in fact the sign of an immature mind still believing in fairy tales of childhood.

The magnetic line of logic I just ran by you is only one of LITERALLY thousands of lines of logic you have to ignore in your desperate attempt to hang on you your beloved misconceptions.

Which of course, goes directly back to your profound brainwashing. I am sorry for the state of your brain, which seems to me to be above average if you let it be. You clearly don't WANT your brain to do its own thinking, you want to wallow in the false thinking of thousands of years of misunderstanding. And deliberate misunderstanding I might add, all designed to keep people like you in their sway.

Like I said, I feel sorry for your blindness.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 13:39
    These are the latter days. Well that old saw has been repeated only for the last 2000 years. I suppose you already know the return of Christ was supposed to have happened in Paul's lifetime?

So they keep inventing end of the world stories over and over again to keep up with the main tactic of Christianity, fear.

When I talk about the coming crises o ...[text shortened]... ogy, who knows about that but the main thing is there are cycles to everything, even motorsπŸ™‚
    People have thought Christ would return at any time from Paul's time, yes, I get that. Christ Himself, though, said that His return would happen only after the time was ripe, when the world was ready for him, as a mother would be ready for her child to be born. We are very nearly there.

The problem is that man is a procrastinator. He'll put off anything until it can no longer be put off, and sometimes waits too long as a result. We see this happening now with Global Warming. If CFCs had been abolished 60 years ago, we might not be seeing such a severe drought in the midwest as we are seeing now. As you say, though, the earth has cycles and anyone not seeing this is blind.

But the coming years will bring crises far and above man's ability to lessen. The signs that we are nearing the end will only magnify. Some men will wait until it is too late as always, history bears this out. Many will be killed, providing us all with proof that our own personal end may come at any time. It is always best to be ready.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 13:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    People have thought Christ would return at any time from Paul's time, yes, I get that. Christ Himself, though, said that His return would happen only after the time was ripe, when the world was ready for him, as a mother would be ready for her child to be born. We are very nearly there.

The problem is that man is a procrastinator. He'll put off anythi ...[text shortened]... ll with proof that our own personal end may come at any time. It is always best to be ready.
    On that I couldn't agree more. On the coming of Christ, ain't gonna happen. But man's greed and political decisions can destroy our civilization as much as any biblical prognostication.

I think we have a 50-50 chance of the true thinkers on the planet to come to our rescue since we both agree some god will not do it by the application of technology.

It might already be too late but at least there are people out there actively pursuing solutions to the problems engendered by self serving politicians and big business who only care about the bottom line, like the logging industry or the whalers of Japan who don't give a dam if every whale is hunted to extinction.

Shame on Japan for allowing such atrocities.

Shame on politicians for not getting business under control.

Shame on businesses for disregarding any concerns about the climate in the mad rush for profits.

Shame on the population for not raising a bigger ruckus about the whole thing, which of course will cost us if we pass green laws. Our civilization simply cannot keep up the way it is going now.

If some genius came up with a way to power our vehicles with anti-matter and such, that would be a huge benefit to the planet but that doesn't seem likely, more like better batteries storing electrical energy, charging faster and so forth, still just putting off the problem of getting the energy in the first place.

That has to be renewable or we are cooked as a bustling civilization.

It has ramifications for the long term survival of the human race, for instance, if we establish colonies someday on planets around stars a few hundred light years from Earth, no supernova can kill all humans as it would be now.

But we have to survive the next couple hundred years as a bustling civilization first before we can even think about interstellar colonies.

If we don't handle the upcoming or I should say ongoing climate change, we will be sent back a couple of hundred years wondering what the hell just happened.

Then maybe a couple of thousand years later a new world civilization may or may not come up.

In the meantime, Christians keep thinking the mothership is coming down to transport them to eternal bliss.

That is part of the problem. Not actively pursuing the health of the planet since Christians think the true life will be after we die and the fate of the planet with or without humans is no concern of theirs if they get their afterlife reward in their man made idea of heaven.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 16:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    christ himself said he would return while those in his audience were still alive, in one generation.

and we were nearly there 2000 years ago, and since christ promised to return within their lifetimes, they were ready back then. but as they began to die off one by one and no sign of christ returning, they had to scramble and find new interpretations.

christians have been scrambling to find new interpretations for the past 2000 years.

they'll continue to do so until christianity fades from the memory of humanity.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 16:322 edits
    When you type letters you should be your own self editor and actually look at what you type. How many errors do you see me making in my own rants? That is because I look it over for mistakes, which I freely admit making by the dozen. But I self edit and fix them before they become part of the blogiverse.

As to the million years, it is you who choose not ned to keep people like you in their sway.

Like I said, I feel sorry for your blindness.
    As is indicated in Wikipedia, Earth polar shift or reversal is an hypothesis. That means the idea is nothing more than speculations and conjectures. The idea that the Earth flips north and south poles every 7 or 8 hundred thousand years is as ridiculous as the theory of evolution. Actually the flood of Noah's day could explain it all if those scientist would choose to believe in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift_hypothesis

Even some religious people believe this nonsense and use pole reversal as a cause of the 2012 Mayan calendar doomsday prediction. You do not seem to be able to tell the difference between science and science fiction.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 16:37
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    christ himself said he would return while those in his audience were still alive, in one generation.

and we were nearly there 2000 years ago, and since christ promised to return within their lifetimes, they were ready back then. but as they began to die off one by one and no sign of christ returning, they had to scramble and find new interpretations. ...[text shortened]... 2000 years.

they'll continue to do so until christianity fades from the memory of humanity.
    You are either reading the Holy Bible incorrectly or telling lies. I think the later is more likely in your case, since this has been explained to you before, if my memory serves me well.
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 16:52
    You are either reading the Holy Bible incorrectly or telling lies. I think the later is more likely in your case, since this has been explained to you before, if my memory serves me well.
    you were never able to refute what jesus said. his failure is complete.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 16:57
    you were never able to refute what jesus said. his failure is complete.
    I have never tried to refute what Jesus said. I only clarified what he said for dummies like you. 😏
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 17:00
    I have never tried to refute what Jesus said. I only clarified what he said for dummies like you. πŸ™„
    you utterly failed to convince even yourself. christ promised to return with the kingdom in power while those in his audience were still alive.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '12 17:01
    you utterly failed to convince even yourself. christ promised to return with the kingdom in power while those in his audience were still alive.
    Not so. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree