1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 20:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think we should tell our congressmen, senators, parliament members, genetic scientists to support work on the virus that kills the god part of the brain, where the entire planet catches a cold and when they get well they look at the religious books written by the millions and go 'we believed in that BS?' Then the world begins to build a real civilization ...[text shortened]... here sign up to that? We could probably have the ungod virus in a couple of years of research.
    'Brave New World' all over again.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 21:13
    Originally posted by rwingett
    'Brave New World' all over again.
    I think the best thing to do is to "give up" and accept Jesus (Yahshua)
    as the way, the truth, and the life. HalleluYah!
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 23:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the best thing to do is to "give up" and accept Jesus (Yahshua)
    as the way, the truth, and the life. HalleluYah!
    The Borg Hive Collective all over again.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 00:54
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Yes, yes -- but then what? 😉
    Then...

...😉
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:20
    I think we should tell our congressmen, senators, parliament members, genetic scientists to support work on the virus that kills the god part of the brain, where the entire planet catches a cold and when they get well they look at the religious books written by the millions and go 'we believed in that BS?' Then the world begins to build a real civilization ...[text shortened]... here sign up to that? We could probably have the ungod virus in a couple of years of research.
    you have issues. did a priest touch you in a wrong way? did a bible fall on your head when you were a kid that left you traumatized by religion? something must have happened to leave you a broken record player that repeats over and over again how evil religion is. what makes you different than any religious zealot? your message may differ but your methods don't.

you need to get yourself a chill pill and stop posting stupid. i know this last one was a joke but nobody is really laughing. you need to realize there are more than one type of religious people, just as there are more than one type of atheists. you need to learn to be polite and engage in debate in a civilized manner.

well, if you want anyone to take you seriously.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 22:04
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you have issues. did a priest touch you in a wrong way? did a bible fall on your head when you were a kid that left you traumatized by religion? something must have happened to leave you a broken record player that repeats over and over again how evil religion is. what makes you different than any religious zealot? your message may differ but your m ...[text shortened]... nd engage in debate in a civilized manner.

well, if you want anyone to take you seriously.
    So you figure the more this scam of religion goes on, the more peaceful it will get?
    I don't need anyone to tell me once again stopping religious wars won't stop wars. That is obvious. But there will be one less excuse for killing and raping women specifically to ruin her for her tribe because she did not want to forcibly be converted to Islam.

You need to look very closely at what is going on in the interactions of religions.

You seem to think religious killing is all worthwhile if we reach the godhead.

Any time ANYONE kills in the name of Islam or Christianity or whatever, the human race descends a little bit lower on the morality scale.

You say there are several kinds of religious people. Fine. So stop the ones who are killing for religious reasons then. Bring the human race UP the morality scale instead of going down this dark path now freely chosen by literally millions of religious people around the world.

When I was a child, no priest touched me. I rail against religion, organized religion because it does not come from a god, it was all started by men to control people and subjugate women and just coincidentally get richer in the process.

Why do only organized religions build vast monuments costing millions of dollars that could be better spent on educating their flock or getting better medical treatment. No, instead they push people to give their hard earned money so some power hungry religious politician can build a monument he knows in his heart is HIS legacy.

So tell me I am wrong about that.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 03:38
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Yes, yes -- but then what? 😉
    Then you first study the endgame
    then the middle game
    and then the opening😵
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 03:39
    Our theme song:

Gonna chuck my god cause I can't stand religion
    No I can't stand religion
    No I can't stand religion

Gonna chuck my god cause I can't stand religion

Let us think together

We will all pray, pray for the success
    Pray for the success, I said Pray for success
    Yes let's all pray, pray for the success
    Pray for the success of at ...[text shortened]...
    Oh we gonna chuck those gods cause we can't stand religion
    And Glory be to thinking!
    Noise😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 03:45
    Originally posted by vistesd
    No holiness,
    vast emptiness.

--Bodhidharma
    If you give him something without using your hands he will come to you without using his feet😵
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 10:26
    So you figure the more this scam of religion goes on, the more peaceful it will get?
    I don't need anyone to tell me once again stopping religious wars won't stop wars. That is obvious. But there will be one less excuse for killing and raping women specifically to ruin her for her tribe because she did not want to forcibly be converted to Islam.

You nee ...[text shortened]... can build a monument he knows in his heart is HIS legacy.

no, i didn't say that. like you, i don't condone organized religion. unlike you, i do it in a quieter fashion. like you, i believe that the bible (to give an example) has many flaws. unlike you, i believe that it also has some merits.

i don't believe all religious people are insane or idiots, just as i don't believe being an atheist is a "get in the smart club for free" card.

like all zealots (and i also include religious zealots). you only look at part of the picture. you only see the spanish inquisition and the honor killings in muslim countries. have you talked to moderate christians or muslims? the ones that practice their religions quietly and in peace? have you considered that the psychopaths killing in the name of god only use religion as a motive and would have found a motive even if religion would be nonexistent?

"You seem to think religious killing is all worthwhile if we reach the godhead."
    how have you reached this conclusion? would it be because you don't bother to get to know the person and only spout your prejudice?

"Any time ANYONE kills in the name of Islam or Christianity or whatever, the human race descends a little bit lower on the morality scale. "
    yes, i agree. and the holy books of both will tell you that it is wrong.

"You say there are several kinds of religious people. Fine. So stop the ones who are killing for religious reasons then."
    sounds like a project. i will stop the religious people killing for religious reasons and you in turn vow to stop any murderer who kills for money, country, rap music, rock music, drugs, sex, jealousy, drunk driving, money, money and rage. sounds fair?

"I rail against religion, organized religion because it does not come from a god, it was all started by men to control people and subjugate women and just coincidentally get richer in the process."
    so you believe. without proof, you are making just as much a leap of faith as all the religious people make when believing in god.

"Why do only organized religions build vast monuments costing millions of dollars that could be better spent on educating their flock or getting better medical treatment."
    hmm, i wonder what the military budget of USA for example is. surely it could be better spent on education and medical treatment.

So tell me I am wrong about that
    you are wrong. if you wish for a debate, a civilized debate, not your crusade against religion, i can amend the previous to "you are not entirely right, you are not entirely wrong and here is why"
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 13:101 edit

You nee ...[text shortened]... can build a monument he knows in his heart is HIS legacy.

When you say killing, I suppose you are not in agreement with Dasa, you
    mean murder. It is the Christians that have been murdered for their beliefs.
    Christians do not murder as part of their belief. Killing as a part of survival,
    defense, and war does not rely on religious beliefs. However, I must agree
    that Islam is intolerant of other beliefs and commands the killing (murder)
    of those that refuse to accept it. In my opinion, Islam is Satan inspired and
    a religion of violence and destruction. Christians are a follower of Jesus
    and Jesus never told his followers to murder anyone. Christianity is a religion
    of love and forgiveness, but that does not mean they are not to defend their
    freedom to practice their religion and to tolerate injustice without ever lifting
    a sword in response.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 15:01
    When you say killing, I suppose you are not in agreement with Dasa, you
    mean murder. It is the Christians that have been murdered for their beliefs.
    Christians do not murder as part of their belief. Killing as a part of survival,
    defense, and war does not rely on religious beliefs. However, I must agree
    that Islam is intolerant of other beliefs and co ...[text shortened]... to practice their religion and to tolerate injustice without ever lifting
    a sword in response.
    you're ignorant
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 18:40
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you're ignorant
    In what way do you think I am ignorant? Please educate me so I will not
    remain ignorant of the facts.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 04:17
    In what way do you think I am ignorant? Please educate me so I will not
    remain ignorant of the facts.
    You mean of course the facts that have been brainwashed into you. Your programming took really well. You would believe black was white if it was in your bible.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 05:361 edit
    You mean of course the facts that have been brainwashed into you. Your programming took really well. You would believe black was white if it was in your bible.
    Certainly you do not view all killings as the same. Even our court system
    makes allowance for different types of killings. Three degrees of murder,
    manslaughter, and self-defense. We kill animals for food and use the
    pesticides to kill bugs in order to protect our crops from destruction.
    We kill in war and honor soldiers for their bravery under fire with medals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree