1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Reflecting on this data gives one pause; our remaining individual contribution of threads and posts is a finite number.
    You say this as though it is in some way a profound revelation.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 03:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    On the brevity of our temporal life on planet earth.
    ...which is also a finite number.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:24
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    ...which is also a finite number.
    And how about eternity?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rather like JS357 said, it's interesting to note how people like you, who are convinced they will have eternal life, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy. But if religion helps you to come to terms with the inevitability and finality of death, or cope with the vicissitudes of life, and if subscribing to the ideology that a religion gives you creates some meaning and purpose for you in your everyday life, then good for you.
    "Rather like JS357 said, it's interesting to note how people like you, who are convinced they will have eternal life, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy."

Why are you so narrowly minded as to presume GB is "so concerned about life expectancy" that you miss the whole point?

How long will your body last before you face eternity? Your body has a life expectancy, but you can expect to live forever somewhere.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why are you so narrowly minded as to presume GB is "so concerned about life expectancy" that you miss the whole point?
    It's thread topics like this one that have led me to believe that Grampy Bobby is concerned about life expectancy and death and so on. I don't think it is narrow minded of me to point it out.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:48
    How long will your body last before you face eternity? Your body has a life expectancy, but you can expect to live forever somewhere.
    Face what "eternity"? Expect to "live forever somewhere" in what way? You seem to forget that I don't believe in supernatural things.

I would think, barring a fatal accident or unforeseen deterioration in my health, that I have 15 or maybe 20 years more before I die.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's thread topics like this one that have led me to believe that Grampy Bobby is concerned about life expectancy and death and so on. I don't think it is narrow minded of me to point it out.
    Everyone has the same concerns. Why are you fixated on GB expressing himself on this topic? All you're accomplishing is to derail a perfectly ligitimate discussion just because of your blatant bias against him.

You have personal issues and they're reflected in your posts. But don't take it so personal. So does everyone else. Including me. 😉
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:54
    Everyone has the same concerns. Why are you fixated on GB expressing himself on this topic? All you're accomplishing is to derail a perfectly ligitimate discussion just because of your blatant bias against him.
    My observation ~ that it is interesting to note how people like the OP poster, who are convinced they will enjoy immortality, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy ~ is, I think, a perfectly legitimate contribution to the discussion.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:57
    You have personal issues and they're reflected in your posts.
    Surely this is an entirely off-topic remark, right?

Anyway, do you think the supposed prospect of eternal life makes it easier for believers (in such a notion) to face death than non-believers?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 May '16 10:59
    Everyone has the same concerns.
    About death, life expectancy, and immortality? I don't think they do at all. What makes you think everyone has the same concerns?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rather like JS357 said, it's interesting to note how people like you, who are convinced they will have eternal life, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy. But if religion helps you to come to terms with the inevitability and finality of death, or cope with the vicissitudes of life, and if subscribing to the ideology that a religion gives you creates some meaning and purpose for you in your everyday life, then good for you.
    Christianity is a relationship, not a "religion".
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:09
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Nineteen years, 2 months, 6 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes, or thereabouts.
    .... one day at a time.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well given that I already contributed infinity to the infinity thread, I might as well stick to finite numbers for future posts.

On a more serious note: are you saying that heaven doesn't have an internet connection?
    Interesting question in that its premise is the reality of "heaven".
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:12
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    According to the data, I have about 11 years or so, maybe less because I rank high in other areas.
    But it matters not to me. I want to live as long as I can to preach the Good News and help some people and annoy the rest.
    The bible calls death an enemy.
    I will not be in the presence of the Lord when I die because this is not what the bible teaches.
    ...[text shortened]... do not praise or thank the Lord when we are dead.
    I will provide bible references upon request.
    ... body or soul "sleep"?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 08:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Another copy/paste, another person's opinion, another wasted opportunity.
    ... an "opinion" or an equation: http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/your-life-expectancy-by-age?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree