1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 11:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Why are you incessantly fault finding in direct contrast to the teaching of Jesus Christ. As someone else stated if you are a Christian then I'm a world war one flying ace.
    Same attempted "gag" again, robbie? There's a discussion going on here. You should pitch in, get involved.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 12:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Same attempted "gag" again, robbie? There's a discussion going on here. You should pitch in, get involved.
    I see, not a very effective nor artfully contrived attempt at deflection. So kicking it into touch where it rightfully belongs it seems that you don't think that divesgeester should adhere to the principles and tenets clearly expressed by the founder of Christianity despite repeated reminders to apply the teaching. Now if I do not apply the teachings of Jesus in what way can I be considered a Christian other than purely nominal.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 12:401 edit
    I see, not a very effective nor artfully contrived attempt at deflection. So kicking it into touch where it rightfully belongs it seems that you don't think that divesgeester should adhere to the principles and tenets clearly expressed by the founder of Christianity despite repeated reminders to apply the teaching.
    You're just repeating yourself.

What about the perception of the supposed "brevity" of life? Does it propel religiosity? And what about the notion that Christianity is not a religion because it's different from other religions?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 12:411 edit
    Now if I do not apply the teachings of Jesus in what way can I be considered a Christian other than purely nominal.
    This is a question about yourself that you should perhaps cogitate in your own time and maybe in private.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 13:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Christianity involves a relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit based on faith alone in Christ alone and acceptance of the grace gift of salvation and eternal life. There are numerous religions, all of which require good works in order to gain the approval of God and presumably salvation and eternal life. Human righteousnes ...[text shortened]... is incompatible with Divine Righteousness.

Note: Please read John 3:16-18 and Revelation 20.
    Christianity involves a relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit based on faith alone in Christ alone and acceptance of the grace gift of salvation and eternal life.
    I know this.

There are numerous religions, all of which require good works in order to gain the approval of God and presumably salvation and eternal life.
    I know this also.

Human righteousness is incompatible with Divine Righteousness.
    ...and I know this too

Thanks for the updates.

Note: Please read John 3:16-18 and Revelation 20.
    No.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 13:402 edits
    ... it seems that you don't think that divesgeester should adhere to the principles and tenets clearly expressed by the founder of Christianity despite repeated reminders to apply the teaching. Now if I do not apply the teachings of Jesus in what way can I be considered a Christian other than purely nominal.
    Over my life and especially over the 25 years or so that I've been a christian, I have met thousands of Christians from all walks of life and from many parts of the world. Other than a handful of JWs, you are the first one I've met who claims to be a christian and yet who:

Denies the deity of Christ
    Professes Jesus to be an angel
    Professes to have multiple gods two of which are his saviors - Jesus and Jehovah
    Claims that one of his/these saviors and 'mighty god' (Jesus) is an angel

Forbids his children to celebrate their birthday
    Forbids life saving blood transfusions based on the most spurious twisting of scripture
    Thinks oral sex is wrong and a woman's genitalia are disgusting
    Defends his religious organisation's proven systematic 'covering up' of child sex abuse
    Holds extremely dubious views on the legitimacy of marital rape
    Repeatedly calls another Christian who he disapproves of on the internet "a son of Satan"
    Repeatedly posts and posts and posts about "finger pointing" and yet repeatedly refers to me and others as "nominal Christians" and in fact has done so in the post I'm replying to.

Sort yourself out robbie.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 15:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Over my life and especially over the 25 years or so that I've been a christian, I have met thousands of Christians from all walks of life and from many parts of the world. Other than a handful of JWs, you are the first one I've met who claims to be a christian and yet who:

Professes to have m ...[text shortened]... stians" and in fact has done so in the post I'm replying to.

Sort yourself out robbie.
    So you say divegeester and yet Jesus himself stated that there will be many who say, 'Lord Lord', and yet he will say to them, i never knew you. (Matthew 11)

Now to the point at hand, you have exhibited through your incessant fault finding an unwillingness to apply Jesus teaching which has been cited for your benefit, namely that we as Christians stop judging others and that we first look at our own failings. Instead you have exhibited exactly the opposite and have continually sought to point out the faults of others. Now in what sense are you a Christian? because you say so? Clearly that is not the case for many will say they are Christians and yet Jesus will say to them, 'get away from me you workers of lawlessness'.

Now what is this lawlessness? clearly it cannot be the Mosiac law because we are no longer under its dictates, but we are under the law of the Christ and we are under duress to obey his commandments, therefore if he says refrain from fault finding and instead look at improving ourselves first, would we not expect a Christian to heed that command? If so them why are you still incessantly finding fault with others? Its simply difficult to fathom why any Christian would carry on ignoring the teachings of Jesus, is it not?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 15:584 edits
    So you say divegeester and yet Jesus himself stated that there will be many who say, 'Lord Lord', and yet he will say to them, i never knew you. (Matthew 11)

Now to the point at hand, you have exhibited through your incessant fault finding an unwillingness to apply Jesus teaching which has been cited for your benefit, namely that we as Christian ...[text shortened]... difficult to fathom why any Christian would carry on ignoring the teachings of Jesus, is it not?
    I don't regard you are a fellow Christian, I don't consider your beliefs or attitudes as being Christian and I find you, personally, to be poisonous, dishonest and lacking in judgement. Partly due to your behaviour in these forums, but mainly because of these reasons:

robbie carrobie...
    Professes to have multiple gods two of which are his saviors - Jesus and Jehovah
    Claims that one of his/these saviors and 'mighty god' (Jesus) is an angel

Forbids his children to celebrate their birthday
    Forbids life saving blood transfusions based on the most spurious twisting of scripture
    Thinks oral sex is wrong and a woman's genitalia are disgusting
    Defends his religious organisation's proven systematic 'covering up' of child sex abuse
    Holds extremely dubious views on the legitimacy of marital rape
    Repeatedly calls another Christian who he disapproves of on the internet "a son of Satan"
    Repeatedly posts and posts and posts about "finger pointing" and yet repeatedly refers to me and others as "nominal Christians" and in fact has done so in the post I'm replying to.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 16:04
    I don't regard you are a fellow Christian, I don't consider your beliefs or attitudes as being Christian and I find you, personally, to be poisonous, dishonest and lacking in judgement. As well as your behaviour in these forums but mainly because of these reasons:

[b]Denies the deity of Christ
    Professes to have mult ...[text shortened]... me and others as "nominal Christians" and in fact has done so in the post I'm replying to.
    [/b]
    Yes but we are not talking about me nor your loathing of me or your abhorrence of my beliefs, we are talking about your failure to apply the clear admonition of Christ to refrain from incessant fault finding and instead try to focus on ourselves. To what extent have you heeded that admonition? As far as i can see either you think you are above the counsel, or think that it does not apply to you or more likely you are not a Christian at all despite what you say and you have no intention of applying the teachings of Jesus in your life. How else are we to account for your dismal failure to heed the counsel?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 09:442 edits
    Yes but we are not talking about me nor your loathing of me or your abhorrence of my beliefs, we are talking about your failure to apply the clear admonition of Christ to refrain from incessant fault finding and instead try to focus on ourselves. To what extent have you heeded that admonition? As far as i can see either you think you are above the c ...[text shortened]... s of Jesus in your life. How else are we to account for your dismal failure to heed the counsel?
    This is a debating forum where people discuss and float ideas - there is bound to be conflict, discouragement and occasionally "strife".

My points made to you are an attempt to show you that:

a) I have no regard for your "council" (as you unintentionally comically put it ) and I have absolutely no respect for your opinion on anything spiritual because I find your beliefs to be anti-scriptural, anti-christian, gross error and frankly dangerous and anti-social.
    b) You are one of the most poisonous posters in this forum (as Kewpie succinctly pointed out a few weeks ago), you are hypocritical, offensive and more than a little odd in your behaviour at times.
    c) subsequently, whether or not you see me as a "christian" is as impactful to me as a Grampy Bobby copy/paste in the "Memo" thread.

PS: I don't "loathe" you and you are not being "persecuted"; before you, once again, lamely attempt to turn my comments into a circular rational underpinning your delusion that you and your religious cult are "the sole voice of god's truth on earth"
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 09:592 edits
    This is a debating forum where people discuss and float ideas - there is bound to be conflict, discouragement and occasionally "strife".

My points made to you are an attempt to show you that:

a) I have no regard for your "council" (as you unintentionally comically put it ) and I have absolutely no respect for your opinion on anything spiritual beca ...[text shortened]... see me as a "christian" is as impactful to me as a Grampy Bobby copy/paste in the "Memo" thread.
    Yes but your incessant fault finding and proclivity for making every debate you are in personal can hardly be construed as objective debate, can it? For example,

Why are you being dishonest in pretending that you don't know what FMF is talking about?

Another copy/paste, another person's opinion, another wasted opportunity.

What are you talking about? Is this some sort of misplaced jab about something?

You come across and being very insecure, but at the same time obsessed with death, and fear that your brittle self-image will be shattered by the scrutiny of normal debate. I can see why; you set yourself up as an ex-high level corporate sales and marketing executive but clearly have absolutely no idea about market share when questioned in the GF in your thread about RHP market share. I suspect you are insure about being found out in the spirituality forum in the same way.

Which I think any rational and reasonable person will agree contributes nothing to debate, little to the understanding of the subject at hand and is about as far removed from 'discussing and floating ideas as you can get.' You have because of your association with and imitation of FMF become an incessant fault finder divegeester and I truly hope that you are able to overcome this and in the process become a more thoughtful member of this on-line community.

As for the counsel, it was good, solidly founded on Gods word and it came as no surprise that you rejected it because quite frankly you are not a Christian. I don't mean that as a personal insult although you will probably take it as such, its simply self evident that you have no desire to apply the teachings of Jesus in your life and instead simply seek self justification for your failure to do so.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:15
    Yes but your incessant fault finding and proclivity for making every debate you are in personal can hardly be construed as objective debate, can it? For example,

Why are you being dishonest in pretending that you don't know what FMF is talking about?

Another copy/paste, another person's opinion, another wasted opportunity.

What are you tal ...[text shortened]... ings of Jesus in your life and instead simply seek self justification for your failure to do so.
    Your constant insinuation that your own behaviour on this forum is somehow in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ, while that of others here isn't, seems to me to be a very cumbersome ha-ha-look-at-me-I'm-such-a-hypocrite "comedy" routine and a tawdry kind of bogus piety too, especially when repeated over and over again.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:15
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Indeed - one would think that someone who is convinced an eternal, blissful life awaits them after death would be happier about the prospect of dying, yet there seem to be very few believers in the afterlife who seem genuinely anxious to die.
    The prospect of having someone I talk to loosing out on the eternal due without attempts
    to warn does give me pause. I'm not overly concern about dying, there are things I'm
    looking forward too like family events *kids getting married and having kids* that have a
    great deal of meaning for me, but regardless nothing in this life is forever, that comes in
    the next one.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:591 edit
    Yes but...
    you keep saying "yes but"..

There is no "but".

🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 14:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    How Many More Years Will You Be Around to Post To This Forum? Thread 156258

THE HISTORY OF LIFE EXPECTANCY "Life Expectancy is a term that seeks to apply information from the past to predict what might happen in the future. This time tested statistical average has grown in stature year after year and is now one of the leading health performance metrics in the world. It reflects the health of a country's people and is often used to measure the quality of healthcare they receive. Life expectancy at birth, from a global perspective, is the average number of years a newborn infant would be expected to live if health and living conditions at the time of its birth remained the same throughout its life. One of the best ways to grasp the significance of this important global metric is to understand its History.

In the Chart below you can see how dramatically some countries have improved over time by Year and Gender. Sadly you will also notice some countries have gone in the opposite direction. Use the Drop Down provided to select the variables you want to see and the dynamic Chart will do the rest. You may also highlight as many countries as you want to help you compare and keep track of them. Just click on the country name and it will turn yellow and will remain yellow until you click it again to remove it or you exit this page. NOTE: When you are finished reviewing this Chart you should review Life Expectancy By Age:" http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/your-life-expectancy-by-age

Note: Reflecting on this data gives one pause; our remaining individual contribution of threads and posts is a finite number.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree