1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Apr '16 10:54
    How Many More Years Will You Be Around to Post To This Forum? Thread 156258

    THE HISTORY OF LIFE EXPECTANCY "Life Expectancy is a term that seeks to apply information from the past to predict what might happen in the future. This time tested statistical average has grown in stature year after year and is now one of the leading health performance metrics in the world. It reflects the health of a country's people and is often used to measure the quality of healthcare they receive. Life expectancy at birth, from a global perspective, is the average number of years a newborn infant would be expected to live if health and living conditions at the time of its birth remained the same throughout its life. One of the best ways to grasp the significance of this important global metric is to understand its History.

    In the Chart below you can see how dramatically some countries have improved over time by Year and Gender. Sadly you will also notice some countries have gone in the opposite direction. Use the Drop Down provided to select the variables you want to see and the dynamic Chart will do the rest. You may also highlight as many countries as you want to help you compare and keep track of them. Just click on the country name and it will turn yellow and will remain yellow until you click it again to remove it or you exit this page. NOTE: When you are finished reviewing this Chart you should review Life Expectancy By Age:" http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/your-life-expectancy-by-age
    __________________________________________________

    Note: Reflecting on this data gives one pause; our remaining individual contribution of threads and posts is a finite number.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    13 Apr '16 11:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Reflecting on this data gives one pause; our remaining individual contribution of threads and posts is a finite number.
    Rather like JS357 said, it's interesting to note how people like you, who are convinced they will have eternal life, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy. But if religion helps you to come to terms with the inevitability and finality of death, or cope with the vicissitudes of life, and if subscribing to the ideology that a religion gives you creates some meaning and purpose for you in your everyday life, then good for you.
  3. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3081
    13 Apr '16 15:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rather like JS357 said, it's interesting to note how people like you, who are convinced they will have eternal life, can nevertheless seem to be so concerned about life expectancy. But if religion helps you to come to terms with the inevitability and finality of death, or cope with the vicissitudes of life, and if subscribing to the ideology that a religion gives you creates some meaning and purpose for you in your everyday life, then good for you.
    Indeed - one would think that someone who is convinced an eternal, blissful life awaits them after death would be happier about the prospect of dying, yet there seem to be very few believers in the afterlife who seem genuinely anxious to die.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    13 Apr '16 17:09
    Nineteen years, 2 months, 6 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes, or thereabouts.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Apr '16 17:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Reflecting on this data gives one pause; our remaining individual contribution of threads and posts is a finite number.
    Well given that I already contributed infinity to the infinity thread, I might as well stick to finite numbers for future posts.

    On a more serious note: are you saying that heaven doesn't have an internet connection?
  6. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110392
    13 Apr '16 17:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Indeed - one would think that someone who is convinced an eternal, blissful life awaits them after death would be happier about the prospect of dying, yet there seem to be very few believers in the afterlife who seem genuinely anxious to die.
    It is as though they came to believe in an afterlife because they were afraid to die, but the new belief hasn't dampened all the fear.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    13 Apr '16 19:07
    According to the data, I have about 11 years or so, maybe less because I rank high in other areas.
    But it matters not to me. I want to live as long as I can to preach the Good News and help some people and annoy the rest.
    The bible calls death an enemy.
    I will not be in the presence of the Lord when I die because this is not what the bible teaches.

    It teaches that we "sleep" a nice term for dead, until Christ returns and raises us up.
    In death there is no sense of time, no thoughts, no anything.
    We do not praise or thank the Lord when we are dead.
    I will provide bible references upon request.
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    13 Apr '16 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I will provide bible references upon request.
    Like I said, if the Bible helps you to cope with death, navigate the ups and downs of life, and it gives your life meaning and purpose ~ and keeps you on the straight and narrow, morally ~ then good for you.
  9. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    13 Apr '16 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said, if the Bible helps you to cope with death, navigate the ups and downs of life, and it gives your life meaning and purpose ~ and keeps you on the straight and narrow, morally ~ then good for you.
    Thanks, I feel better now that you approve.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    13 Apr '16 22:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Nineteen years, 2 months, 6 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes, or thereabouts.
    Yeah, bout 30 years...

    Hey dude 🙂
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    13 Apr '16 22:14
    Buddha says all beings cherish life.


    Why sometimes is a mystery.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    13 Apr '16 22:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, bout 30 years...

    Hey dude 🙂
    Wotcher sport, how's it going?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    13 Apr '16 22:24
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Wotcher sport, how's it going?
    Same ole'. Couple of grey hairs.

    Still full of crazy ideas
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Apr '16 23:261 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well given that I already contributed infinity to the infinity thread, I might as well stick to finite numbers for future posts.

    On a more serious note: are you saying that heaven doesn't have an internet connection?
    "27 United Kingdom 80.5" Years..........
    http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/your-life-expectancy-by-age

    "On a more serious note: are you saying that heaven doesn't have an internet connection?"
    twhitehead, "an internet connection" won't be necessary. Why would that be so?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91521
    13 Apr '16 23:53
    To me the issue here is uncertainty.

    You can be a reckless smoker,drinker,etc. however this doesn't necessarily mean an earlier death.
    As it is with people who try to be as healthy as possible , who get lung cancer without ever having a ciggie.

    To me this uncertainty gives much grief to those who misunderstand life. Or should I say the "basics of life"
    Of course these basics will not be taught in schools because it would get rid of a lot of fear that surrounds mortality,religion ,etc. and hence less fear = less money for the wrong people.
Back to Top