How many non-chritian non-atheists are there on...

How many non-chritian non-atheists are there on...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by Nordlys
Because he is a baboon.

"Thus Dr. Faustroll is accompanied on his journeys (in a boat which is a sieve) by a baboon named Bosse-de-Nage, whose only linguistic expression is the exclamation 'ha ha.' There is a detailed analysis of this phrase, trying to reconstruct from it the baboon´s view of the world:

Pronounced quickly enough, until the l ...[text shortened]... "

(from http://inicia.es/de/edfabra/BergerChapter11.htm )

It's all Alfred Jarry's fault.
ah, I see... 🙂

TM

Moves
17 Dec 05

Because he is a baboon.

"Thus Dr. Faustroll is accompanied on his journeys (in a boat which is a sieve) by a baboon named Bosse-de-Nage, whose only linguistic expression is the exclamation 'ha ha.' There is a detailed analysis of this phrase, trying to reconstruct from it the baboon´s view of the world:

Pronounced quickly enough, until the l ...[text shortened]... "

(from http://inicia.es/de/edfabra/BergerChapter11.htm )

It's all Alfred Jarry's fault.
I hate it when someone quotes something that is seen as general knowledge and I have no clue about it. I always feel such an idiot but I guess I am doomed to spend the rest of my life with that feeling.

s

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
In what sense does Zoroastrianism claim that the two sexes are equal? Does it teach that men can bear children, for instance?

In what sense do you think most religions lack the idea of the equality of the sexes?
I don't think Zarathustra spoke on the matter at all (at least there are no preserved documents I know of that will say women are equal to men). Zoroastrian philosophy considers that men and women are equal in all ways but physical. So, when making decisions and choices in life, men and women has the same ability to choose good over evil.

Zoroastrian philosophy uses the conversation that Zarathustra apparently had with his youngest daughter to strenghten their argument that men and women are equal in the sense above.

"To sum up, Zarathushtra (at least according to these verses) was only concerned with the moral character of brides and bridegrooms. He was not at all concerned with their gender, age, cast, race or religion. And he left the final choice of a spouse to each individual, only asking them to choose based on the guidance of their own Good Mind."

s

Moves
17 Dec 05

Originally posted by Will Everitt
I hate it when someone quotes something that is seen as general knowledge and I have no clue about it. I always feel such an idiot but I guess I am doomed to spend the rest of my life with that feeling.
You just captured my exact feelings... thank you 🙂

N

The sky

Moves
17 Dec 05

I doubt it's seen as general knowledge. I hadn't heard about Bosse-de-Nage before I joined TFC, and I still haven't read Jarry's novel. But the origin of Bosse-de-Nage's user name has come up a few times in the forums.

s

Moves
17 Dec 05
1 edit

I doubt it's seen as general knowledge. I hadn't heard about Bosse-de-Nage before I joined TFC, and I still haven't read Jarry's novel. But the origin of Bosse-de-Nage's user name has come up a few times in the forums.
I actually thought he took his name from the band Bosse De Nage. But now I realize that both the band and whomever he is, took the name from the same source. Or not... I don't know... I'm confused... :

mama...

A

Moves
18 Dec 05

I'm just a general spiritualist, no label ever fit me.

s

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by Alcazael
I'm just a general spiritualist, no label ever fit me.
Do you have any idea how long I've tried to find a label that fits me? Would you mind terribly if I'm not labeled general spiritualist, also? 🙂

s

Moves
18 Dec 05
1 edit

L

Moves
18 Dec 05

N

The sky

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by stocken
Do you have any idea how long I've tried to find a label that fits me? Would you mind terribly if I'm not labeled general spiritualist, also? 🙂
Maybe the label "unlabelable" fits you?

s

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
I have to make a confession😳 I am no buddhist, I am a nihilist😲
I just like the way all that bullsh*t in buddhism sounds.
Considering the appearance of the world, its self-contradictions and flaws, it's only natural to deny the existence all together.

s

Moves
18 Dec 05

Maybe the label "unlabelable" fits you?
I think there's a probability it would. In the close circular of friends and family I'm often labeled "Generally confused". I'd take your label any day, over that.

TM

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by stocken
I think there's a probability it would. In the close circular of friends and family I'm often labeled "Generally confused". I'd take your label any day, over that.
Are the people who label you as confused christians?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
18 Dec 05
1 edit

Are the people who label you as confused christians?
Are the people who label you as confused as christians?

How is that for a loaded question? Or should it serve as a classical example of plurium interrogationum?