How many non-chritian non-atheists are there on...

How many non-chritian non-atheists are there on...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TM

Moves
18 Dec 05

Lets wait and see if I'm correct

s

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by Will Everitt
Are the people who label you as confused christians?
As much as I love to stir up a heated debate, and even though I have christian friends and family (some of them really messed up - every single discussion you have with them ends up being about praising Jesus and father the almighty - although I love them all dearly), I think the reason they've labeled me generally confused (and it's not just christians doing this), is because... well, I guess I am...

There are so many things in life that I really don't know anything about. The best I can do is speculate. Sometimes, to my astonishment (being the perfection of nature that I am), I realize that things aren't the way I thought. That's when I become confused and start to speculate some more. More increases on all levels, and so... I could be labeled generally confused.

Although I do like nordlys' suggestion of unlabelable. It has a nicer ring to it (except for it being so hard to pronounce).

Hope I didn't just kill this thread now with my tedious bladdering. 🙂

N

The sky

Moves
18 Dec 05

Originally posted by stocken
Hope I didn't just kill this thread now with my tedious bladdering. 🙂
If you have bladder problems, you'd better go and see a doctor. 😉

s

Moves
18 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
If you have bladder problems, you'd better go and see a doctor. 😉
😵

Ok, I'll go now... Or I'll just change my diper...

[May I just say that those pictures you've taken of norrsken (in swedish) are beautiful. I've just skimmed through them. They must be very common in Bodø. I live in middle Sweden and we hardly ever see them.]

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
18 Dec 05

Lets wait and see if I'm correct
It'll be a long wait. 😀

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
19 Dec 05

It just seems like everyone on here is either christian or atheist. I just wanted to know how many people who contribute are a diferent faith.
I am a gnostic polytheistic pantheist.
I am a Processean.

s

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by caissad4
I am a gnostic polytheistic pantheist.
I am a Processean.
😵

l

London

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
A male mother is a nomological impossibility.

A female Pope is not. The Church has arbitrarily made it a logical impossibility by its definition of Pope.
There is nothing arbitrary about it - Pope simply means Papa or Father. A female Father is as nomologically impossible as a male Mother.

s

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
There is nothing arbitrary about it - Pope simply means Papa or Father. A female Father is as nomologically impossible as a male Mother.
Oh no, ha ha... Lucifer? You just went haloop on your logical self, didn't you? 😵

The difference is clear. While we can't change our physical selfs... oh... no... we can nowadays, can't we?.. gaaahh...

Well, anyway, my point being, a male mother is impossible by nature, whereas it's really quite simple to change the title of the pope as needed to include femails in the equation. See?..

l

London

Moves
19 Dec 05
1 edit

Oh no, ha ha... Lucifer? You just went haloop on your logical self, didn't you? 😵

The difference is clear. While we can't change our physical selfs... oh... no... we can nowadays, can't we?.. gaaahh...

Well, anyway, my point being, a male mother is impossible by nature, whereas it's really quite simple to change the title of the pope as needed to include femails in the equation. See?..
Our sex is not just a physical reality - it is a spiritual reality as well. Motherhood and fatherhood are not just biological events - they are spiritual events as well.

EDIT: Simply changing the title of Pope does not make you Pope, any more than calling yourself Elizabeth II's son makes you one.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Dec 05

Oh no, ha ha... Lucifer? You just went haloop on your logical self, didn't you?
Ha ha.

s

Moves
19 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Our sex is not just a physical reality - it is a spiritual reality as well. Motherhood and fatherhood are not just biological events - they are spiritual events as well.

EDIT: Simply changing the title of Pope does not make you Pope, any more than calling yourself Elizabeth II's son makes you one.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the discussion had become (in violation of the thread) a matter of whether or not there can be female (physically speaking) popes. You seem to claim that there can't be. I disagree. Just change the title, and any female is just as capable as some men to be popes.

-- would that be a mome, or what?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Dec 05

-- would that be a mome, or what?
Mome is an adjective: the mome raths outgrabe.

Speaking of logic, do you know why women cannot become priests?

s

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

Priestess?

TM

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

I know why. The church is sexist and denies it.