1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 19:481 edit
    Be clear that for God to forgive your sins means that He FORGETS your sins.

I mean that if you were to remind Him after you have been forgiven, god might say - "I have NO idea of what you are talking about."

Be clear. For God to FORGIVE yours sin is for God to cast your sins into the endless ocean of His forgetfulness. He will not remember. They have been judged, condemned on the cross of Jesus at Calvary.

Look at His promise of a new covenant. It includes Him saying He WILL NOT REMEMBER.
    Condemnation is OVER under the blood of Jesus.

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days ...

for I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:33,34c)

Someone will say "You skipped, You skipped words! You cheated. You didn't quote the whole thing!!"

I know the rest of the passage. I HIGHLIGHTED what I wish to emphasize. When God forgets something it is gone.

Your sins and your iniquities He will by no means remember any more under the blood of Jesus.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 19:562 edits
    Some foolish people think that maybe God wants them to beg.

They think God will be happy if they roll across the floor and beg Him for forgiveness.

I tell you that you MAY weep. But it is not your tears that cleanses you. It is the blood of Jesus that cleanses you. He is not interested in your begging. God is interested in you BELIEVING.

You grovel and beg if you wish. But even your begging needs to be washed in the blood. It is your believing the word of God that God wants. He wants you to believe that the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sins.

What about public sins? Forgiven.
    What about private sins? Forgiven.

What about visible sins? All forgiven.
    What about invisible sins? Washed in the blood of Jesus - Forgiven.

What about forgivable sins? Forgiven!
    What about unforgivable sins?? - Forgiven!

Pray like this as an example:
    "Lord Jesus. I bring each and every sin, iniquity, wrong doing, and transgression to You. Lord Jesus, the KNOWN sins I bring to you. Lord Jesus my UNKNOWN sins I bring to You as well.

I thank You Lord that Your blood cleanses me from every sin. They have all been judged in You two thousand years ago on Your cross. There You dealt with ALL of my sins. I want to thank You Lord Jesus.

Lord I do believe. My sins and my lawlessneses You will by no means remember any more."

Even the sin of your self pity is put away in the ocean of His forgetfulness.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:042 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Be clear that for God to forgive your sins means that He FORGETS your sins.

I mean that if you were to remind Him after you have been forgiven, god might say - "I have NO idea of what you are talking about."

Be clear. For God to FORGIVE yours sin is for God to cast your sins into the endless ocean of His forgetfulness. He will not remember. Th ...[text shortened]...

Your sins and your iniquities He will by no mean remember any more under the blood of Jesus.
    Although you will accuse of me of nitpicking, you are not scripturally correct.

As far as I recall the phrase “are you/you must be washed in the blood” is not in the bible.

What is in the bible is a description of robes being made white through the blood of the lamb (Rev 12: 10-11) and instructions to be washed in the word, (Ephesians 5:26)

Why am I noting this? Because I feel you have a propensity for what Rajk999 calls “church speak” and it is important to stick to what the word actually says. Sorry to be harsh.

The bible talks about being “washed in the word” because the word of god will cleanse us in a similar way to symbolic washing of baptism. But we are to die daily and only the blood of the lamb “sprinkled” (Ex 24 and Lev 1) plus importantly for this topic:

“In the same way, he sprinkled with blood the tabernacle and all the vessels used in worship.”
    Hebrews 9:21

We are NOT washed in the blood, we are washed in the word, we are baptised in the spirit and the blood is sprinkled.

Posted with the best intent.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:072 edits
    God is the top Perceiver of reality.

What God sees can only be the utmost reality of what IS.

I said God is the Ultimate and Highest Perceiver. What God sees and what God knows cannot be but the strongest truth.

What did He say? He said through Christ's apostle - Second Corinthians 5:21.

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

Stand on it.

"Lord Jesus. I thank You. Lord You knew no sin. Yet God MADE You to be sin on our behalf. That we might be the very righteousness of God Himself in You.

I want to thank You Lord Jesus. You became sin on my behalf that I in You might become the righteousness of God. Amen Lord Jesus. You have done what I could never have done."
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester

As far as I recall the phrase “are you/you must be washed in the blood” is not in the bible.

What is in the bible is a description of robes being made white through the blood of the lamb (Rev 12: 10-11) and instructions to be washed in the word, (Ephesians 5:26)

W ...[text shortened]... word, we are baptised in the spirit and the blood is sprinkled.

"These are those who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:15

[b] "These are those who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)
    [/b]
    Did you read my post?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:212 edits

Put two and two together.

"And these things were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." ( 1 Cor. 6:11)

Do you seriously intend to fight against Paul meaning that in the Spirit of God the believers were not WASHED in the redeeming blood of Christ?

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gates into the city." (Rev. 22:14)

Do you seriously intend to argue against John meaning our sins may be washed and our "robes" of our expression and living may be made white by the blood of Christ's redemption?

You seriously intend to argue against the power of the blood of Christ to cleanse the sinner ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:23
    No matter HOW spiritually mature a Christian becomes, she or he never outgrows the need to believe in the washing power of the blood of Jesus.

No Christian ever "graduates" from the need to remember the washing of sins by the blood of Jesus.

There is no graduation from the need to believe in the redeeming blood of Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:25
    Did you read my post?
    I did not finish reading your post.
    I did not finish reading all that you wrote.

I am willing to sacrifice smooth discussion flow for the greater urgency of stopping some error in its tracks.

Now I will go and read the rest of what you wrote, and carefully.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:29
    I did not finish reading your post.
    I did not finish reading all that you wrote.

I am willing to sacrifice smooth discussion flow for the greater urgency of stopping some error in its tracks.

Now I will go and read the rest of what you wrote, and carefully.
    Good, becuase you will find that I already anticipated your reply and called out the “washing of robes” which is not the same as us being washed in the blood.

The bible not state that we are “washed in the blood”.
    It’s just a nice gospel hymn that happens to be scripturally incorrect.

You’re welcome.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:311 edit

W ...[text shortened]... word, we are baptised in the spirit and the blood is sprinkled.

Washing in the rhema of the instant word is another washing. That has not escaped the notice of those who speak of the washing of the fountain opened for sin.

Which fountain must be the blood of Christ's redemption. No?

"In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, FOR SIN AND FOR INIQUITY." (Zechariah 13:1)

What ELSE is that fountain except the redeeming blood poured out for the forgiveness of sins in the new covenant in His blood (Matt. 26:27,28; Luke 22:20) ?

I will read your other comments carefully.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:331 edit
    I will read your other comments carefully.
    The term being “washed in the blood” is not mentioned in the bible in terms of human beings.

I’m trying to help here.
    My post was made as I stated...with the best of intent.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:36
    Good, becuase you will find that I already anticipated your reply and called out the “washing of robes” which is not the same as us being washed in the blood.

The bible not state that we are “washed in the blood”.
    It’s just a nice gospel hymn that happens to be scripturally incorrect.

You’re welcome.
    I'll catch up to this post too.
    First, I promised to read carefully all you wrote in that initial post.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:38
    I'll catch up to this post too.
    First, I promised to read carefully all you wrote in that initial post.
    Ok. 🙂
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 20:464 edits

Revelation 12:10 says that the ovecomers overcame the accuser by the blood of the Lamv - Christ the Redeemer.

The passage you may have meant is Revelation 7:14 which speaks of washing of the robes of the saved. Or it could be Rev. 22:14 which speak of the washing of the robes of those who have a right to the tree of life in the eternal city New Jerusalem.

The fact that the overcomers in Revelation 12 overcome the accusing Satan by the blood of the Lamb emphatically demonstrates that no Christian ever graduates from the need to stand upon the work of the blood of Jesus.

The blood of Jesus Christ His Son CLEANSES US ... from all sin. So WHY are you fighting against the expression washed by the blood of Jesus ??

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and CLEANSE US from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:8)

There it says "US" not just "our robes".

And what CLEANSES "US" the believers in Jesus Christ? The BLOOD cleanses US.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,

and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin." (v.7)

My ROBES are washed.
    And better still I am washed in the blood of Jesus God's Son.

I will read carefully your comments below that too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree