1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 17:37
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I think Judas is in Heaven.
    You have the very same disease that infects the OSAS Christians.
    Its not what you think, not how you would like things to be.
    Its all about what Jesus and the Apostles preached.

Judas was referred to as 'lost' and he was called the 'son of perdition'.
    It was said of him, that it was better if he was not born.
    How can you conclude after all that he is in heaven?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 17:40
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You have the very same disease that infects the OSAS Christians.
    Its not what you think, not how you would like things to be.
    Its all about what Jesus and the Apostles preached.

Judas was referred to as 'lost' and he was called the 'son of perdition'.
    It was said of him, that it was better if he was not born.
    How can you conclude after all that he is in heaven?
    Because it seems that 'God's plan' needed a betrayer, and Judas was the guy.

What makes you think that Judas was not executing God's will for his life?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 18:13

Esau too followed God's plan but God hated Esau.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 19:29
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Romans continues to disingenuously conflate HIS beliefs onto mine.

I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Romans advocates for a different gospel. In doing so, Romans continues his long history of deceit by making false claims.
    Once again, ToO refuses to say he is an atheist and instead retreats into ambiguity and personal attacks because he can’t defend his false doctrines.

No surprise there. It’s his modus operandi.

Sad!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 19:30
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Correct. They seek after Jesus with their mouth and not with their heart.
    And you, according to the Apostle John, who knew Jesus Christ far better than you ever will, are an antichrist.

Read 1 John chapter 2.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 03:53
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I'm not seeking details from anyone. I'm just curious if they think - broadly speaking - the way they live their lives would measure up to your doctrine assuming the way they live their lives is shaped by their doctrine.
    I think that FMF is telling the truth here:

He has zero interest in tearing down someone who is a heretic that denies conventional Christian beliefs.

He is only interested in hating conventional Christianity.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    [FMF] is only interested in hating conventional Christianity.
    I don't hate Christianity.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 04:15
    [FMF] has zero interest in tearing down someone who is a heretic that denies conventional Christian beliefs.
    I am no longer a Christian so whether self-identifying followers of Jesus such as yourself label dissent or disagreement as being "heretical" or not "conventional" is neither here nor there to me with regard to the ideas that are being put out there for scrutiny and consideration. There seems to be an assumption built into your 'observation' about me that I somehow "know" that you are correct in your assertions and beliefs about supernatural things and that I somehow "know" that those with whom you disagree are wrong. You are mistaken, if that is the case.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 05:24
    I am no longer a Christian so whether self-identifying followers of Jesus such as yourself label dissent or disagreement as being "heretical" or not "conventional" is neither here nor there to me with regard to the ideas that are being put out there for scrutiny and consideration. There seems to be an assumption built into your 'observation' about me that I som ...[text shortened]... mehow "know" that those with whom you disagree are wrong. You are mistaken, if that is the case.
    Actually, you are readign way too much into this.

My line of thinking is really simple:

- You dislike Christians and conservatives.
    - Liberal or heretical Christianity is far more palatable to you, and you generally want to support anything that wrecks teh mainline beliefs of conservative Christianity.

THUS,

You are far more willign to engage someone like Rajk or someone liek Divegeester on fair terms whiel nitpicking others.

Do you see any flaw in my logic?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 05:46
    You dislike Christians and conservatives.
    No, I don't. Most of the people I know, love, and work with ~ stretching back decades ~ have been Christians or conservatives, or both, and I do not "dislike" them. You're being silly.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 05:50
    Liberal or heretical Christianity is far more palatable to you, and you generally want to support anything that wrecks teh mainline beliefs of conservative Christianity.

THUS,

You are far more willign to engage someone like Rajk or someone liek Divegeester on fair terms whiel nitpicking others.

Do you see any flaw in my logic?
    The issue isn't whether superstitious beliefs are "palatable"; it's about whether I find them credible or coherent. For me, it's also interesting how beliefs of this kind affect or distort the intellect and integrity of those who hold them, and what impact this has on their interpersonal behaviour in this community. I don't give two hoots, to be honest, whether or not you - personally - just so happen to label things "heretical", "mainline" or "liberal" or "conservative".
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 13:53
    The issue isn't whether superstitious beliefs are "palatable"; it's about whether I find them credible or coherent. For me, it's also interesting how beliefs of this kind affect or distort the intellect and integrity of those who hold them, and what impact this has on their interpersonal behaviour in this community. I don't give two hoots, to be honest, whether ...[text shortened]... sonally - just so happen to label things "heretical", "mainline" or "liberal" or "conservative".
    Mr Philo likes these labels.
    A man full of false doctrine calls another man a heretic.
    A compliment to my ears.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Esau too followed God's plan but God hated Esau.
    God knew what Esau would do. That doesn't make what Esau did "God's Plan", any more than what Cain did was "God's Plan".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 15:02

Weak-willed, worthless individuals can still be manipulated, for good OR evil.

Either way, they're still weak-willed and worthless.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 15:141 edit

You make a good point. Like much of the mythology that the NT writers wrapped around the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, it doesn't hold up when placed under the light of truth.

Seems like you often see the obvious deficiencies in the narrative of the NT writers, yet you seem not to be able to dismiss it for what it is. Why?

You're not the first to have realized what you said about Judas:
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree