1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Umm, on the surface of that I would have to strongly disagree.
    What were you referring to specifically? I suppose if you teaching a toddler to keep off the road you might want to "ram it down their throats" , but when it comes to spirituality, I believe one must be gentle and patient and hope that the "seed" within someone flowers "naturally"
    Well, once I ram it down your throat, it will be in there so it can flower
    "naturally". 😏
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 15:24
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    yick. next time you set off to erase you're hard drive, invest in a thumb-drive or two.
    Or better yet have different drives for storing data and holding your operating system. or at least separate partitions.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Or better yet have different drives for storing data and holding your operating system. or at least separate partitions.
    I'm a people person, not a data person.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 20:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, once I ram it down your throat, it will be in there so it can flower
    "naturally". 😏
    I cant say it's working. You may want to give me a miss next time you want to ram something down my particular throat,thnx.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:02
    I get up in the morning 3 days ago, and hazily put on the media player, as I always do before I make coffee ,etc.
    You see just recently I had to wipe my whole hard drive. It was the only way to get it working again. So weeks of music and thousands of family pics, and the rest all gone!!

I was spewin' but at least I got my pc fixed for free. I goto t ...[text shortened]... t I am sure of what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears)
    This is the explanation: You spend way too much time listening to gibberish.

Your mind has been gibberized. You'll believe anything as long as it doesn't make any sense.

ROFLMAO
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    This is the explanation: You spend way too much time listening to gibberish.

Your mind has been gibberized. You'll believe anything as long as it doesn't make any sense.

ROFLMAO
    No I dont. I bet I listen to "silence" more than the average joe out there.
    ps. not funny
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:12
    No I dont. I bet I listen to "silence" more than the average joe out there.
    ps. not funny
    You listen to silence?

What do you hear when you listen to silence?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 21:18
    You listen to silence?

What do you hear when you listen to silence?
    You know what I mean. Like sometimes I quieten my mind and just listen to the ocean murmur.

Dont be daft.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 03:38
    You know what I mean. Like sometimes I quieten my mind and just listen to the ocean murmur.

Dont be daft.
    To be honest I really don't know what you mean.

Is listening to silence supposed to be some kind of spiritual exercise of the mind designed to bring peace and harmony to the soul? Is the ability to listen to silence a sign of spiritual maturity only the initiated can experience? Is listening to silence a way of saying, "hey, look at me, I'm enlighten because I can hear silence, because I'm way more spiritually evolved than ordinary human beings"? Is being able to hear silence supposed to mean one is better than others who can't?

Isn't listening to silence really rather like hearing nothing, seeing nothing, saying nothing? Learning nothing, gaining nothing, going nowhere.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 04:11

Is listening to silence supposed to be some kind of spiritual exercise of the mind designed to bring peace and harmony to the soul? Is the ability to listen to silence a sign of spiritual maturity only the initiated can experience? Is listening to silence a way of saying, "hey, look at me, I'm enlighten beca ...[text shortened]... othing, seeing nothing, saying nothing? Learning nothing, gaining nothing, going nowhere.
    If you put a sea shell up to your ear, you will hear silence that sounds
    like the sea or the ocean. 😏
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 04:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you put a sea shell up to your ear, you will hear silence that sounds
    like the sea or the ocean. 😏
    Silence has a sound to it? lol
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Jan '12 18:11

Is listening to silence supposed to be some kind of spiritual exercise of the mind designed to bring peace and harmony to the soul? Is the ability to listen to silence a sign of spiritual maturity only the initiated can experience? Is listening to silence a way of saying, "hey, look at me, I'm enlighten beca ...[text shortened]... othing, seeing nothing, saying nothing? Learning nothing, gaining nothing, going nowhere.
    Look man, it's not a race.

Quieting my mind is good for me because I'm naturally a loud and talkative person. It balances me.
    I'm not saying everyone has to do it, or that it will bring any inner peace and harmony.
    I just believe I have sorted out the "gibberish" in my mind a long time ago and like to quieten my mind just as much as I like to engage in a lively debate.

I'm not particularly smart or wordy, or even worldly, but where I come from, ....well lets just say I am in touch with my inner self and have the ability to chose and then act upon certain mental functions.
    I know when it's just my ego and nothing else that wants something, I know that within "nothing" is contained the whole universe, Jesus too.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 00:58
    I'm a people person, not a data person.
    for these purposes music counts as data, its not a program, specifically it's not the operating system.

I keep all my files on separate partitions (or preferably drives) from the OS so that if the OS ever fails
    and has to be reinstalled I don't lose all my data (much of which is music, but also photos, work
    documents ect).

Hard drives and OS's fail, if you want to not lose all your accumulated data then people person or not,
    backups and redundancy are the way to go.

The simplest is partitioning the HDD so that if you have to reformat the primary partition you still at least
    get to keep all the data on the secondary partition. And this option is free because it doesn't require a
    second HDD.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jan '12 03:39
    Silence has a sound to it? lol
    Here is the sound of silence -- Listen

YouTube
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 05:00

No, I'm not saying any of those things .

I'm just saying, like RJHinds said, just listen to a shell and hear the ocean, within that experience would also be an opportunity to experience the divine, in whatever way. (As the "eternal moment" would've contained that moment as well- an opportunity! )
    In this sense there is no referring to the group consensus on how the "shell hearing" went for you. Only you would know whether you heard anything or if it made any sense at all, (perhaps on a different plane of understanding).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree