1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 05:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    At least you had a witness.
    I tell you, daisy, it was there, (I listened to it like 6 times), and then it wasn't. i just keep listening to the same mix with the shuffle on whenever I get a chance to put the pc on.

Same with those orbs. If I hadn't taken those pics I'd go "bah", but because I was there I knew they weren't doctored with and closer ex ...[text shortened]... t. (and let me know when you are coming when you find out). Love you , darling 🙂
    Some times computers seem to have a mind of their own, but we know
    they don't, so you might have hit the wrong button or there was some
    type of electrical malfunction.
  2. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 18:35
    When you find that track, look around for all the socks that disappear in my dryer please.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 22:00
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Odd things can and do happen. Most of the time there is a simple explanation. There are some things that happen that make me wonder.
    "I just had the best luck."- non believer
    "God just blessed me." -believer

🙂
    MOST of the time there is. . .
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 22:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    yick. next time you set off to erase you're hard drive, invest in a thumb-drive or two.
    Meh. erasing my hard drive suits my personality , plus it was in the moment sort of thing. The pc guy was just there for a little while so it wasdo it then or ... take it to the shop and pay $$$ to get it done.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '11 22:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Some times computers seem to have a mind of their own, but we know
    they don't, so you might have hit the wrong button or there was some
    type of electrical malfunction.
    Mine does. thats why I call it "god's computer" . sometimes it crashes. If I talk nice to it,it usually does what I want. Sometimes it buffers real fast, sometimes so slow as to wanting to throw the thing out the window.

I love my pc. 5years and she still keeps on working...mostly 🙂
  6. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 04:50
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    When I was very young I noticed a few times, I would drop something, and not be able to see it. I would look around, only to find it later in the first area I searched. I thought it fell into a "magic pocket." I later wondered if there was a warp in the time/space/continuum, and it was simply masked as the atoms were temporarily disintigrated. Or perhaps ...[text shortened]... I think I just overlooked it the first time.
    Very charming post daisychainsaw. Stay young 🙂
    Thanks. I plan to stay young and its fun to think that everything is possible it makes life more interesting. I try to live my life like a different fairy tale everyday and I still belive maybe one day I will have a TARDIS.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 07:48
    Meh. erasing my hard drive suits my personality , plus it was in the moment sort of thing. The pc guy was just there for a little while so it wasdo it then or ... take it to the shop and pay $$$ to get it done.
    You can buy an external hard drive to back up anything on. Compared to
    losing everything important like pictures the cost is cheap. Even if you have
    several different PC in your home the ones one external drive can keep all
    of your important files backup on it.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You can buy an external hard drive to back up anything on. Compared to
    losing everything important like pictures the cost is cheap. Even if you have
    several different PC in your home the ones one external drive can keep all
    of your important files backup on it.
    Kelly
    you know there's some tribes in Africa that wont let you take their picture. They say that everytime their pic gets taken they lose a piece of their "soul", or something along those lines. Now I'm not saying I totally agree with this, but it strikes some sort of weird chord with me,deep,deep down.

Now, I know that most of you guys either want to talk "JC-business" or "atheism stuff" , so I wont go on with this idea.

I'm a firm believer that people shouldn't ram their ideas down others' throughts, especially about spirituality,unless they ask. It is the same principle applied by Zen masters, I believe. (ie that they will go about their own business and only "preach" if asked to. Not to mention they insist on good quality questions, but lets just leave it at that ,eh? 🙂 )
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:53
    you know there's some tribes in Africa that wont let you take their picture. They say that everytime their pic gets taken they lose a piece of their "soul", or something along those lines. Now I'm not saying I totally agree with this, but it strikes some sort of weird chord with me,deep,deep down.

Now, I know that most of you guys either want to talk ...[text shortened]... ion they insist on good quality questions, but lets just leave it at that ,eh? 🙂 )
    We all live in the real world and have the same issues as the next guy.
    I don't mind talking about how to save you a great loss as in all that you
    have on a hard drive.
    I also typically only talk about people who want to engage me in conversations
    about God. Some more than others for sure, but all of that aside what kind of
    people would we be if we didn't try to help each other out as we can.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 12:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We all live in the real world and have the same issues as the next guy.
    I don't mind talking about how to save you a great loss as in all that you
    have on a hard drive.
    I also typically only talk about people who want to engage me in conversations
    about God. Some more than others for sure, but all of that aside what kind of
    people would we be if we didn't try to help each other out as we can.
    Kelly
    It's all good. Dare I say i just wanted to shift the dialogue from the more mundane to something I find more interesting ...

After all, all this material stuff is just passing, the eternal is what we strive for, well thats the way I put it. Sometimes christians say to "live in heaven by accepting JC's eternal saving grace", or some such. Means the same sort of thing to me 🙂
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 22:474 edits

given the way embarassing photos (and videos) can circulate on the internet, perhaps these tribes in Africa are on to something...in such cases, one does "lose" a piece of their soul - but in another sense, one will also never be able to get rid of it.

or maybe these tribes fear that most people with cameras view such tribes as if they were some sort of newly discovered animal species.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    given the way embarassing photos (and videos) can circulate on the internet, perhaps these tribes in Africa are on to something...in such cases, one does "lose" a piece of their soul - but in another sense, one will also never be able to get rid of it.

or maybe these tribes fear that most people with cameras view such tribes as if they were some sort of newly discovered animal species.
    No wonder some of those tribesman would be eying off those cameras. What are they good for anyway, they would be thinking. These people, with lots of money and clothes 'n' stuff, and we, who some of us have to walk mile just to get water.Let's just grab those cameras!!

I can see your point. Sorry about late response but I have been working through a lot of other stuff in that part of my mind.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 18:37
    Hows this- I saw the door knob on my kids room turn, I thought he was playing on the balcony-and I checked and he was. And my daughter was in the bathroom.

So how did the door knob turn itself?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 21:34

Now, I know that most of you guys either want to talk ...[text shortened]... ion they insist on good quality questions, but lets just leave it at that ,eh? 🙂 )
    In some cases, the only way get an idea into some people is to ram it down
    their throats.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 03:571 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In some cases, the only way get an idea into some people is to ram it down
    their throats.
    Umm, on the surface of that I would have to strongly disagree.
    What were you referring to specifically? I suppose if you teaching a toddler to keep off the road you might want to "ram it down their throats" , but when it comes to spirituality, I believe one must be gentle and patient and hope that the "seed" within someone flowers "naturally"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree