1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 00:27
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    So this is what I mean by dishonesty of the atheists....they choose to NOT hear that scream, and it is very loud.
    I'm not being dishonest - my mindset simply does not match yours ;]
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 00:29
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I'm not being dishonest - my mindset simply does not match yours ;]
    Ok ....I will accept you are not dishonest, but the mind set is defective because it is not perceiving properly.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 00:49
    "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind."
    Albert Einstein

"There is just no reason why animals should be slaughtered to serve as human diet when there are so many substitutes. Man can live without meat."
    The Dalai Lama

"If man wants freedom why k ...[text shortened]...
    "It is s...
    I eat meat because I like the taste, reason enough for me and I am thankful for it.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 04:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I eat meat because I like the taste, reason enough for me and I am thankful for it.
    Kelly
    The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste....its a shame that they do not have a more credible reason.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 04:33
    The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste.
    This is plainly not so. Another reason people eat meat is because they need to eat food and meat is food. Indeed, some people may eat meat even if they don't especially like the taste.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 04:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is plainly not so. Another reason people eat meat is because they need to eat food and meat is food. Indeed, some people may eat meat even if they don't especially like the taste.
    I am not talking about the minority who live in the jungle, but about persons who live next to Seven Eleven.

If some one went to the shop with $10 to buy food, I would think they would get better value for their money, by buying something different than meat.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 04:44
    If some one went to the shop with $10 to buy food, I would think they would get better value for their money, by buying something different than meat.
    You are perfectly entitled to your opinion about what is "better value for [...] money". But your opinion does not credibly entitle you to claim "The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste". This claim of yours is palpably false and therefore unhelpful to any discussion on a matter such as this.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 04:47
    I am not talking about the minority who live in the jungle, but about persons who live next to Seven Eleven.
    What does "the jungle" have to do with this?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 06:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are perfectly entitled to your opinion about what is "better value for [...] money". But your opinion does not credibly entitle you to claim "The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste". This claim of yours is palpably false and therefore unhelpful to any discussion on a matter such as this.
    So put the taste aside and forget the persons in the jungle.....what other reasons would people eat meat?.....since you are pushing the whole alternative reasons thing.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 06:33
    So put the taste aside and forget the persons in the jungle.....what other reasons would people eat meat?.....since you are pushing the whole alternative reasons thing.
    You said: "The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste". This is quite clearly not so. For instance, another reason why people eat meat is because they need to eat food and meat is food. In fact, some people may eat meat even if they don't especially like the taste. I appreciate that your own lifestyle choice not to eat meat is sincerely held and sincerely advocated, but this does mean that a statement like the only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste anything other than indisputably wrong.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 06:361 edit
    So put the taste aside and forget the persons in the jungle.....what other reasons would people eat meat?
    And yet "the persons in the jungle" thing clearly has something to do with your assertion that "The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste". What is your line of thinking about "the minority who live in the jungle"? Explain it so your opinion can be understood.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 06:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet "the persons in the jungle" thing clearly has something to do with your assertion that "The only reason persons eat meat is because they like the taste". What is your line of thinking about "the minority who live in the jungle"? Explain it so your opinion can be understood.
    No no............you said people need to eat food...and the only persons who need to eat meat would be persons in a jungle hunting and being forced to eat meat. but that's the minority

The majority live next to Seven Eleven and therefore have choice and dont NEED to eat meat.....and therefore they eat meat because of taste and only taste
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 06:551 edit
    The majority live next to Seven Eleven and therefore have choice and dont NEED to eat meat.....and therefore they eat meat because of taste and only taste
    So what if "they don't need to eat meat"? They need to eat food. So they eat food. Meat is food. People don't need to eat watercress but they eat it nevertheless. If someone has no personal reason to not eat meat - whether it be political, health-related or spiritual - then there is no reason to not eat meat. Your raising the issue of "need" is related to your own lifestyle choice to be a vegetarian. It is not relevant to a person who chooses not to be a vegetarian.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 07:00
    the only persons who need to eat meat would be persons in a jungle hunting and being forced to eat meat. but that's the minority
    What does "the jungle" have to do with this? The "jungle", as you put it, if I understand correctly what you are referring to, is absolutely teeming with edible non-meat sources of food such as fruit, nuts, berries, root vegetables, leaves, pith, saps, mushrooms, herbs etc. How are they - in your mind - any more or less "forced to eat meat" than people not in the "jungle"?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 07:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does "the jungle" have to do with this? The "jungle", as you put it, if I understand correctly what you are referring to, is absolutely teeming with edible non-meat sources of food such as fruit, nuts, berries, root vegetables, leaves, pith, saps, mushrooms, herbs etc. How are they - in your mind - any more or less "forced to eat meat" than people not in the "jungle"?
    Hey, Iam not having this conversation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree