1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 16:27
    In my opinion, a deity capable of breathing in entire universes would have many things on its mind than building such things as hell or heaven for humans. I say we are way too low on the spiritual totem pole for such a deity to have any interest in us at all. It seems to me hyper arrogant for humans to think a deity capable of making universes would have any interest at all in anything human, much less putting us on such a moral pedestal that it would have to have the ultimate punishment of a hell to punish those who refuse to be its sycophants.

And of course I am ready for the onslaught of bible verses 'proving' otherwise and pulling the 'so you think you know the mind of god' card.

Other than the bible, what gives christians or any other religion the idea that a deity would be interested in mere humans? As if we are the kings of creation?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In my opinion, a deity capable of breathing in entire universes would have many things on its mind than building such things as hell or heaven for humans. I say we are way too low on the spiritual totem pole for such a deity to have any interest in us at all. It seems to me hyper arrogant for humans to think a deity capable of making universes would have an ...[text shortened]... on the idea that a deity would be interested in mere humans? As if we are the kings of creation?
    Too bad your opinion doesn't matter to anyone but you, and those that share the same childish imagination about the God you don't know exists.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 18:42
    In my opinion, a deity capable of breathing in entire universes would have many things on its mind than building such things as hell or heaven for humans. I say we are way too low on the spiritual totem pole for such a deity to have any interest in us at all. It seems to me hyper arrogant for humans to think a deity capable of making universes would have an ...[text shortened]... on the idea that a deity would be interested in mere humans? As if we are the kings of creation?
    What makes you so angry about theism?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 19:216 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What makes you so angry about theism?
    How do I hate thee, (theism) let me count the ways. Lets see. Original sin. Right, croc of shyte #1.

The Crusades. #2.

Cherry picking the bible #3 (you now don't have to kill your children if they dis you, which is in Leviticus)

Forced conversions #4, which happens in a number of religions including your precious Christianity.

Wars started with the excuse of religion #5.

A deity making tests for mankind it knows in advance which way the test goes so no need for the test #6.

Making up the nonsense of hell, like humans are so far up the evolutionary ladder we deserve the attention of a deity, #7.

Making up the false promise of a heaven, however the theists word it, in a lot of religions, #7.

Setting up a system that forces women to a lower status then men #8.

"I am a jealous god" another croc of shyte #9

Boko Haram killing innocent school children BECAUSE they are in school. #10. All in the name of Allah. Bullshyte, all in the name of the fact they are frigging sociopathic animals with no sense of remorse or anything else vaguely human.
    In other words, the atrocities committed to people in the name of some religious mandate.

A god who makes humans then abandoning them, allowing all sorts of atrocities, hundreds of millions of innocent people killed in many wars, allowing, or more precisely, not giving a crap that children can get cancer, as a for instance. #11.

The hierarchical nature of all modern religions, "I am the prophet, I speak for god so do what I say, I am the messenger" Bullshyte #12. A deity can speak to all of us in our own language and lay out the rules. Humans telling me about gods. priceless BS.
    The only reason it is hierarchical in the first place is because ALL religions are made by men with no input of a deity needed. Men are creative and we have the millions of religious documents already written to prove it. Men are not, however (according to theists) anywhere NEAR smart enough to have written all that bible BS all by themselves, therefore THERE IS A GOD AND IT HELPED OUT WiTH THE WRITING.
    Sure. And I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

That is just for starters.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 19:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Too bad your opinion doesn't matter to anyone but you, and those that share the same childish imagination about the God you don't know exists.
    You clearly cared enough to:
    1. respond to his post.
    2. insult him and anyone who thinks like him.
    3. avoid actually answering any of his questions.
    He clearly hit a nerve.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 19:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 20:031 edit
    How do I hate thee, (theism) let me count the ways. Lets see. Original sin. Right, croc of shyte #1.

The Crusades. #2.

Cherry picking the bible #3 (you now don't have to kill your children if they dis you, which is in Leviticus)

Forced conversions #4, which happens in a number of religions including your precious Christianity.

Wars started with ...[text shortened]... iTH THE WRITING.
    Sure. And I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

That is just for starters.
    You're wrapping up a lot of topics under the heading "reasons why I'm angry at theism". Maybe one particular God allegedly saying he is "jealous" doesn't belong with the murder of schoolchildren by Boko Haran. Maybe you could differenciate your anger topics a little. What do you think?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 21:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're wrapping up a lot of topics under the heading "reasons why I'm angry at theism". Maybe one particular God allegedly saying he is "jealous" doesn't belong with the murder of schoolchildren by Boko Haran. Maybe you could differenciate your anger topics a little. What do you think?
    Hey troll. You don't believe in Hell, as written in Revelation, and you have already discarded the New Testament. You no longer can claim to be a Christian, so.....lose the attitude.

P.S. Your Poseidon picture is a little gay.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 22:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And right after this on the top ten of "why theists believe this &#$@" is "because they are afraid of death".

Yeah, thanks for believing that we're all idiots because we believe something you don't.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 22:34
    Other than the bible, what gives christians or any other religion the idea that a deity would be interested in mere humans? As if we are the kings of creation?
    Look, dude, just because your nana scared the crap out of you when you were 8 with horror stories of God, doesn't mean you have to hate all of us who are reasonable in our belief.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 23:361 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 07:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A deistic God that gives no answers to the major questions concerning the why of human existence is not as satisfying as the God of the Holy Bible that does give the answers.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '15 10:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You clearly cared enough to:
    1. respond to his post.
    2. insult him and anyone who thinks like him.
    3. avoid actually answering any of his questions.
    He clearly hit a nerve.
    I simply posted my opinion of the OP.

Clearly hit a nerve with you.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '15 10:521 edit

Clearly hit a nerve with you.
    And you clearly did not answer any of my reasons for hating theism. It certainly does not have anything to do with the fear of death. That is the MO of theists. You all live in a background of fear your entire lives.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '15 11:14
    No, actually, you didn't. You instead chose to insult the poster and anyone who thinks like him. You didn't address the OP whatsoever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree