1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 09:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In other words, anyone who disagree's with your POV is damned to eternal torture. It is pretty tortuous right now dealing with the likes of you so I welcome your eternal torture, it couldn't be much worse than it is right now.

You can't even bring yourself to consider what I said, only a sweeping condemnation you think destroys all my arguments in one f ...[text shortened]...

In reality, it does nothing of the sort. All it does is show you up for what you are: Blind.
    If we are more like cattle than any kind of god, then why would you even expect us to be able to travel to a goldilocks planet, even if we could locate it? If we haven't found one yet, then how far away do you think this goldilocks planet might be? And if it is going to take another 500 years to locate a possible goldilocks planet, you are not going to be around, so what should you care?

If it is torturous dealing with me and the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, then perhaps who could convert to Islam and you could look foward to 70 virgins waiting just for you. Or you could convert to Dasa's religion and just keep getting reborn in some other body until you reach a state of Nirvana, or is that Buddhism? Well, you got the idea. Convert to something or would you rather die as an atheist and become a corpse in a tuxedo in a coffin until the bacteria and worms turn you to fertilizer? And that is all there is.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 10:45
    Originally posted by vivify
    You're comparing sentient, rational, thinking beings with a wide variety of emotions, complex thoughts, languages and accomplishments to plants. That's rather faulty, isn't it?
    There is nothing faulty with comparing them. Equating them, maybe, but not comparing.

Creating beings that have such complex emotions would mean that this deity has such emotions itself, such as love and compassion.
    No, it wouldn't.

It's not logical that such a being would bother creating such creatures only to treat them as cattle, is it?
    There is certainly nothing illogical about it.
    It is interesting to note that farmers essentially create cattle and treat them as cattle, despite them having complex emotions etc.

That's why the term "Goldilocks zone" exists, which describes a specific distance from a star based on its mass, where life as we know it could possibly exist.
    Actually, the Goldilocks zone is merely the zone in which liquid water is expected to be found on the surface. Liquid water and life can well be found outside the Goldilocks zone. We know of a number of moons in the solar system outside the Goldilocks zone that are capable of supporting life.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 10:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If we are more like cattle than any kind of god, then why would you even expect us to be able to travel to a goldilocks planet, even if we could locate it? If we haven't found one yet, then how far away do you think this goldilocks planet might be? And if it is going to take another 500 years to locate a possible goldilocks planet, you are not going to be a ...[text shortened]... uxedo in a coffin until the bacteria and worms turn you to fertilizer? And that is all there is.
    We are ALL going to be plant food. I am not worried about it. I don't spend my life obsessing over a non present god.

We may never be able to go to another Earth-like planet, we may end up living in a tunnel on Mars if we screw up Earth so much we can't live there.

If the Earthy planet is 500 ly away, we might visit if we keep up with our present rate of scientific development, assuming the YEC movement doesn't stop us first. It will still take hundreds of years to get there so maybe there won't be people on board at all, only frozen Ova and sperm ready to be made into babies when the trip is over, 2000 years later maybe with robots teaching the first gen kids who then set up a colony on the new planet and maybe we can then leave all the religious nonsense behind and truly grow up as a race. Not going to happen now with all this religious strife going on around the world. A god would never have set such a cruel system in place. Or allowed a hundred million to be killed in century 20. If there is such a god, I want no part of it.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 14:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Creating beings that have such complex emotions would mean that this deity has such emotions itself, such as love and compassion.

No, it wouldn't.
    Why?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 17:05
    Why?
    Because if there was an actual deity, exactly how would you know what emotions it would have? If it didn't want to display them, if any, then you would never know.

All you know is the bible god verses, like 'I am a jealous god' which is unadulterated poppycock. Right, a frigging GOD jealous of humans. That is a great comedy act.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 20:45
    Because if there was an actual deity, exactly how would you know what emotions it would have? If it didn't want to display them, if any, then you would never know.

All you know is the bible god verses, like 'I am a jealous god' which is unadulterated poppycock. Right, a frigging GOD jealous of humans. That is a great comedy act.
    You are just too stubborn to understand.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 20:47
    We are ALL going to be plant food. I am not worried about it. I don't spend my life obsessing over a non present god.

We may never be able to go to another Earth-like planet, we may end up living in a tunnel on Mars if we screw up Earth so much we can't live there.

If the Earthy planet is 500 ly away, we might visit if we keep up with our present rate ...[text shortened]... owed a hundred million to be killed in century 20. If there is such a god, I want no part of it.
    Your mind appears to be caught in a non-existent fantasy world of sci-fi. 😏
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 22:021 edit

I agree. I just don't see why a deity would create such emotions in the first place.

But all this just shows why the idea of the Christian (or any) god is flawed.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 23:341 edit
    If we were deliberately created, wouldn't it be fair to say that this deity has at least some interest in is?

To take any trouble to create not only something that's sentient, but is also capable of language, able to appreciate and ponder creation, and is willing to have a deep, meaningful relationship with this deity to the point worshiping it. . . only to not care?
    Supposing for a moment that there is some sort of god (and that is a big supposition), who is to say that humans were designed? Perhaps we are just an unfortunate by-product of an intricate system "he" put in place at the point in which the universe was created. A scourge upon this planet which, as a collective, is destroying said planet whilst de-homing, torturing, enslaving, and murdering "lesser" creatures. Perhaps this god cares about us only in the same regard that we would care about the things we have "created" which are now blocking the toilet!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '15 01:48

If the Earthy planet is 500 ly away, we might visit if we keep up with our present rate ...[text shortened]... owed a hundred million to be killed in century 20. If there is such a god, I want no part of it.
    For a man who claims he does not worry or spend his life obsessing over a non present god, you sure spend a lot of time attempting to convince yourself and others that a real God does not exist.

Perhaps your mind is really caught in a non-existent fantasy world of science fiction of evolution from billions of years that is continually evolving man upward so that he may obtain godhood himself, if only we can get rid of all other religions, except humanism and scientism.

The Near Genius 😏
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '15 12:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    For a man who claims he does not worry or spend his life obsessing over a non present god, you sure spend a lot of time attempting to convince yourself and others that a real God does not exist.

Perhaps your mind is really caught in a non-existent fantasy world of science fiction of evolution from billions of years that is continually evolving man upward ...[text shortened]... only we can get rid of all other religions, except humanism and scientism.

The Near Genius 😏
    Nice deflection, your usual MO, and ignoring my charge that your so-called deity ignored hundreds of millions of deaths last century with nary a sniff. Great god you have there.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 01:021 edit
    Nice deflection, your usual MO, and ignoring my charge that your so-called deity ignored hundreds of millions of deaths last century with nary a sniff. Great god you have there.
    And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

(Matthew 10:28-31 NKJV)
    For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.

(Ecclesiastes 12:14 NASB)
    This will take place on the day when God judges people's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

(Romans 2:16 NASB)
    Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

(1 Corinthians 4:5 NASB)

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 01:03
    How do you know God ignored millions of deaths?

You make the most bizarre comments about the God you deny exists. Your accusations are merely the rants of a miserable person living in denial. Who do you think is responsible for the deaths of millions of people? God? But God doesn't exist! Right? So who do you blame? Oh ya! It's the people who believe in God and murder in the name of God! Right?

So if there is a God, who do you think He will hold accountable for all those deaths? Himself?!

Your bias is so deep you can't even hear how irrational you sound. There's no reasoning with you. You hate God. Why don't you just be honest about it?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 10:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    How do you know God ignored millions of deaths?

You make the most bizarre comments about the God you deny exists. Your accusations are merely the rants of a miserable person living in denial. Who do you think is responsible for the deaths of millions of people? God? But God doesn't exist! Right? So who do you blame? Oh ya! It's the people who believe in G ...[text shortened]... l you sound. There's no reasoning with you. You hate God. Why don't you just be honest about it?
    No, I hate the man made caricature of a god, the bible god. Totally made in man's image but they like to turn it around and pretend a god looks like some kind of human.

You got that right, I am in total denial.

And did you see any words published in any paper saying, Hey this is god speaking and you better stop torturing all those people.?

Or hear any voices saying such? Your alleged god had no problem communicating with the primitive tribes that invented this religion did it?

So where was that voice when millions were being tortured and killed and experimented on in horrid ways?

You figure, everything will be made right in heaven? So what about those who don't believe, say they were atheists, THEY were tortured as well and they get only to go to your man made hell?

So it's ok for millions of people of all walks of life to have been tortured and killed, it's all ok if they get to go to heaven, all that torture will be forgotten? No PTSD to deal with I guess if you are in heaven, your god deletes all that suffering from their fragile memory.

But the atheists, they get to suffer here on Earth AND spend the rest of eternity in even worse torture?

Why doesn't your BSometer start flashing red?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '15 22:50
    No, I hate the man made caricature of a god, the bible god. Totally made in man's image but they like to turn it around and pretend a god looks like some kind of human.

You got that right, I am in total denial.

And did you see any words published in any paper saying, Hey this is god speaking and you better stop torturing all those people.?

Or hea ...[text shortened]... nd the rest of eternity in even worse torture?

Why doesn't your BSometer start flashing red?
    That is what is called true mercy and justice.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree