1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 19:032 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you clearly did not answer any of my reasons for hating theism. It certainly does not have anything to do with the fear of death. That is the MO of theists. You all live in a background of fear your entire lives.
    And you clearly did not answer any of my reasons for hating theism.

Just as adults (except maybe for mommy or daddy) also don't address every babble coming from an infant child, either.

'fear of death', 'MO of theists'

Bingo. Didn't take long to get to this, I see, Duchess' comment notwithstanding.

You all live in a background of fear your entire lives.

Biggest lie EVER. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." -- John 10:10 This is truth. No, we do not fear at all. In fact, we have life MORE ABUNDANTLY. That's the whole point, in case you missed it the first thousand times.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 19:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just as adults (except maybe for mommy or daddy) also don't address every babble coming from an infant child, either.
    Sonhouse is not an infant child as well you know. Is the rudeness really necessary?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 19:33
    And you clearly did not answer any of my reasons for hating theism. It certainly does not have anything to do with the fear of death. That is the MO of theists. You all live in a background of fear your entire lives.
    Are you joking? I've been reading your hatred of theism for years. Why should I bother responding to your nonsense about a God you don't know exists?

Like that childish and immature comment about "you all live in a background of fear" nonsense. When you start posting something like an adult then I'll respond.

Glad to know how confident you are about your own certain death, and that you're not afraid. Good for you!
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 19:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, actually, you didn't. You instead chose to insult the poster and anyone who thinks like him. You didn't address the OP whatsoever.
    Did you get all that out of a one sentence reply?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 20:201 edit
    Sonhouse is not an infant child as well you know. Is the rudeness really necessary?
    Yes, but in Christ, he is as an infant, clearly.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." -- 1 Corinthians 13:11, KJV

Nope, he's not quite there yet. His speakings, understandings and thoughts are still as a child.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 20:391 edit
    And also, just as clearly, you equate me saying we "don't address every babble coming from an infant child, either " with saying that he IS a child. Do you even understand the concept of similes? I'd guess that you do, despite your post, which indicates that you do not. Saying "AS a child" and "IS a child" are not the same things at all, as you know.

In fact, yes, I *would* say the same things about any atheist. Yes, even you (gasp! ).

Is that rude? Too bad.

(Do you hear me, googlefudge? Yes, I said, "Too bad." )
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 20:51
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you even understand the concept of similes?
    Yes.

So is that also what josephw is using when he says "childish and immature comment"?

No, both of you are simply calling someone you disagree with childish because you don't want to discuss things. And yes, it is rude. I find it interesting coming from you who spends so much time complaining about how you are treated on this forum.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 03:30
    Yes.

So is that also what josephw is using when he says "childish and immature comment"?

No, both of you are simply calling someone you disagree with childish because you don't want to discuss things. And yes, it is rude. I find it interesting coming from you who spends so much time complaining about how you are treated on this forum.
    Actually what I am saying is that what he posted is childish and immature, as is your accusation that I said that sonhouse himself is childish and immature. I didn't.

You ought to try to think more objectively so as to avoid sounding childish and immature. I really don't think you or sonhouse is actually childish and immature. Not at all, but you look that way because of the accusations you make that are untrue. Of course it is true that I am provocative in how I post. I do it deliberately. I'm guilty.

Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 04:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    Actually what I am saying is that what he posted is childish and immature, as is your accusation that I said that sonhouse himself is childish and immature. I didn't.

You ought to try to think more objectively so as to avoid sounding childish and immature. I really don't think you or sonhouse is actually childish and immature. Not at all, but you look th ...[text shortened]... how I post. I do it deliberately. I'm guilty.

Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
    From his flag, I believe twhitehead is from Zambia in Africa and he might not understand American English very well. So maybe you might want to give him some slack. I know it is difficult, since he is so obnoxious, but I have been obnoxious myself at times. I am trying to do better.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 06:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds

...I know it is difficult, since he is so obnoxious, but I have been obnoxious myself at times. I am trying to do better.
    The Ghost commends you in your endeavour sir.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 06:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    How does someone who is not childish and immature, post something that is childish and immature? There is definitely some implication in what you wrote about the poster.
    But more importantly, you dismissed what sonhouse had to say with rudeness rather than attempting to address it. That is understandable coming from you, but Suzianne
    has complained over and over about how she is treated on this forum, yet she seems to be one of the worst offenders.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 12:50
    How do I hate thee, (theism) let me count the ways. Lets see. Original sin. Right, croc of shyte #1.

The Crusades. #2.

Cherry picking the bible #3 (you now don't have to kill your children if they dis you, which is in Leviticus)

Forced conversions #4, which happens in a number of religions including your precious Christianity.

Wars started with ...[text shortened]... iTH THE WRITING.
    Sure. And I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

That is just for starters.
    If I did not understand the way the bible is written, if I looked at it in the flesh( strictly as an unbeliever), if I didn't humbly come to God and ask Him to help me understand what I am reading, if I didn't have great bible teachers in my life, I might tend to agree with you.
    If you want truth it will not come from within you, it has to come from a source outside of you.
    This is like you telling the man that Jesus healed of blindness that God is a myth, the bible is false, etc.
    His response? "All I know is I was blind and now I see."
    That is also my response, I was once blind to spiritual things and now I see. The rest is up to you, to first believe that He is and then seek Him with all your heart.
    The path you are on now is a dead end.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 14:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    From his flag, I believe twhitehead is from Zambia in Africa and he might not understand American English very well. So maybe you might want to give him some slack. I know it is difficult, since he is so obnoxious, but I have been obnoxious myself at times. I am trying to do better.
    I think twhitehead understands English well enough, but he may have some difficulties understanding the intent behind its usage.

Communication can be a tricky thing considering the depth of thought involved in the conveyance of ideas beyond just the words on the page.

But you may be absolutely right. I know I can be obnoxious too, and or anything else I choose to be. As humans we have a wide range of ways of expression. The trick I think is to look below the surface. The waters are deep.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 14:161 edit
    How does someone who is not childish and immature, post something that is childish and immature? There is definitely some implication in what you wrote about the poster.
    But more importantly, you dismissed what sonhouse had to say with rudeness rather than attempting to address it. That is understandable coming from you, but Suzianne
    has complained over ...[text shortened]... and over about how she is treated on this forum, yet she seems to be one of the worst offenders.
    "How does someone who is not childish and immature, post something that is childish and immature?"

By making statements based on the misunderstanding of the subject or topic of discussion.

"There is definitely some implication in what you wrote about the poster."

Perhaps, but not because I intended it to be so. I have a hard time thinking of myself as being "better" than another, at least in terms of worth or value. I may be "better" at doing something or understanding something, but that doesn't make me "better" in the sense of superiority as a mere man.

"But more importantly, you dismissed what sonhouse had to say with rudeness rather than attempting to address it. That is understandable coming from you, but Suzianne
    has complained over and over about how she is treated on this forum, yet she seems to be one of the worst offenders."

True, I did come across as rude. sonhouse can be agrivating with his persistent diatribes which underscore his lack of understanding, and are in and of themselves rude and insulting. What goes around comes around. If one can dish it out, then one should be prepared to receive it back again.

Suzianne can hold her own and is in no need of my defense or criticisms.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 14:18
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The Ghost commends you in your endeavour sir.
    Are you saying the Ghost is obnoxious? God forbid! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree