How much time do you suppose you have?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 11:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How much time do you suppose you have?
    I have the normal human lifespan just like you, no more, no less. More than most actually, having already lived almost 3/4 of a century. No afterlife, no torment forever or any of that utter bullshyte from your man made religion. I don't worry about afterlife since I have a large family, some geniuses in it just like you. My legacy will live on long after I am dead and pushing up daisy's. As will you for whatever small legacy you leave behind. One think you WON"T have, an afterlife OR a soul, nobody on Earth has a soul, just another made up tale to bolster the flagging ego's of humans. I don't need to think I have a soul to be happy with my life, my accomplishments are good enough for me. I have been to many places in the world and hope to see more of it. The best of humanity is close to godhood anyway, the Mozart's, the Einsteins, the Curies, the Dawkins, all the best of humanity but of course that is never enough for you, you always have to compare them to your nonexistent god. It is YOUR loss not mine.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 16:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I have the normal human lifespan just like you, no more, no less. More than most actually, having already lived almost 3/4 of a century. No afterlife, no torment forever or any of that utter bullshyte from your man made religion. I don't worry about afterlife since I have a large family, some geniuses in it just like you. My legacy will live on long after I ...[text shortened]... ough for you, you always have to compare them to your nonexistent god. It is YOUR loss not mine.
    That sounds fine, if you have guessed right. But what if there really is a Lake of Fire and Brimstone?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 18:26
    That sounds fine, if you have guessed right. But what if there really is a Lake of Fire and Brimstone?
    That is your problem not mine. I don't worry about man made boogie men or man made gods like yours.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 18:491 edit
    Human beings are very, very important to God.
    There is hardly a way to exhaust saying how important human beings are to God.

God created the universe for the sake of having sons of God. And these sons of God come out of the human race. How do I know this?

I know because Paul said the saved were predestinated unto sonship before the foundation of the world. That means before the creation of the universe. So the strong implication is that it was BECAUSE of God's plan to have sons who share His life and nature, that He created the universe. He laid down its foundation in view of fulfilling His plan to have sons.

"Even as He chose us before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love,

Predestinating us unto sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will." (Eph. 1:4,5)

So sons of God out of the human race was the bases for which God laid down the foundation of the world, ie. created the universe.

Plus the fact that God became a man - Jesus Christ the Lord. He did not incarnate as a cabbage, a comet, or an orangutang or some other "primate." He became a man.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 16:25
    So per my post above - man is exceedingly important to God.
    And you need to be saved, not just for your own personal benefit, but even more for the furtherance of the eternal plan of God.

You need to be forgiven and saved in Jesus Christ because it is bigger than you. It is important to the meaning of the universe.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 17:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    So per my post above - man is exceedingly important to God.
    And you need to be saved, not just for your own personal benefit, but even more for the furtherance of the eternal plan of God.

You need to be forgiven and saved in Jesus Christ because it is bigger than you. It is important to the meaning of the universe.
    If that is so, let your god come down and tell me all that. Humans telling me about god's, no dice, Humans know nothing about real gods which is why they make them up and the Abrahamic religions are no exception. You are all just too brainwashed by it all to see it. Your BS meter is turned off, and of course you are thrilled with that deception.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 18:452 edits
    If that is so, let your god come down and tell me all that. Humans telling me about god's, no dice,
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if I DO tell you, if God doesn't grant you the mercy to open your eyes, you won't see anything.

Don't boast - " I'll take it from God but not from you. "

I don't feel hurt in ego in any way if some truths are discover in time PRIOR to my discovering them. I too will precede someone else. Timing of revelation does not render anyone inferior.

Humans know nothing about real gods

---------------------------------------------------------

That is a self defeating argument. You are presuming to tell us all about real gods. IE. of which humans like you know nothing.

which is why they make them up and the Abrahamic religions are no exception.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since humans, you say, know nothing about real gods, you don't know that that is the case.

You are all just too brainwashed by it all to see it. Your BS meter is turned off, and of course you are thrilled with that deception.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your standard - Argument by insult.
    Debate by humiliation.

" Refer to the other as one full of BS. Poison the well. Dismiss the person with fowl language and belittlement. End the conversation. "
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 05:35
    I believe it is time that we just let God deal with sonhouse as he has requested.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 15:25
    I believe it is time that we just let God deal with sonhouse as he has requested.
    You believe it is time? Do you really have that sway over God? (Or time?)
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 15:492 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No, he's saying it's time to stop trying to persuade sonhouse into at least considering the possibility of Gods existence... and from my pov I would have to agree, because there's no point in keeping up an ongoing argument over it.

It seems to me the difference between a Christians pov and the atheists is that the atheist will naturally assume a Christians beliefs are self generating, and only point back to themselves. The Christian on the other hand (if he truly does believe in Gods existence) actually is talking about God, and not about himself.

So when sonhouse says Humans [are] not important to a deity he's speaking strictly from his own point of view. His point of view does not recognize God as being real, so saying we are not important to a deity is essentially meaningless. From my point of view this would be like saying children are not important to their parents, so I usually don't get involved in these sort of debates.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 16:25
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    No, he's saying it's time to stop trying to persuade sonhouse into at least considering the possibility of Gods existence... and from my pov I would have to agree, because there's no point in keeping up an ongoing argument over it.

It seems to me the difference between a Christians pov and the atheists is that the atheist will naturally assume a Christ ...[text shortened]... en are not important to their parents, so I usually don't get involved in these sort of debates.
    I never said a deity is impossible, I said considering the size of the universe, whether or not you consider it only 6000 light years across or so or what the real world considers it, something like 50+ billion light years across, there would be much to occupy such a deity if it really was the creator. Literally trillions of stars, trillions of planets and there have to be many of those planets with life on them and many of those with sentience.
    So we would be in a spectrum of intelligence across the universe and would perhaps even be in the middle rungs of intelligence but it would mean the deity would be spread thin keeping up with every sentient being on every evolved planet with life,

From that POV, and given the absolute fact the deity ignored 100 million deaths in wars of century 20 and 19, it is clear to me it must have better things to do, working out its vast eternal plan than babysitting a bunch of childish humans.

This is of course, only arguing the case of there being some kind of deity, which I seriously doubt and have no doubts at all about the existence of the bible god which is 100% man made from day one, showing one thing clearly: humans are gullible at best.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Who knows? 😏
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:081 edit
    I never said a deity is impossible, I said considering the size of the universe, whether or not you consider it only 6000 light years across or so or what the real world considers it, something like 50+ billion light years across, there would be much to occupy such a deity if it really was the creator. Literally trillions of stars, trillions of planets and ...[text shortened]... god which is 100% man made from day one, showing one thing clearly: humans are gullible at best.
    How are you able to understand the mind of a (theoretical) deity better than any human? In other words, how would you be able know what would be important or not important unless you yourself were a deity? Do you see what I'm getting at here...

An ant might be able to sense the presence of something like a human, but it wouldn't actually know anything about that human... and whether the ant is able to sense the presence of a living (human) being or not is problematic at best. An ant is able to recognize another ant, but I very much doubt ants are able to observe us as easily as we are able to observe them. And even if they could they would only be able to understand us from their own point of view.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 17:291 edit
    I never said a deity is impossible, I said considering the size of the universe, whether or not you consider it only 6000 light years across or so or what the real world considers it, something like 50+ billion light years across, there would be much to occupy such a deity if it really was the creator. Literally trillions of stars, trillions of planets and ...[text shortened]... god which is 100% man made from day one, showing one thing clearly: humans are gullible at best.
    Let me make it clear that I am not trying to convert you. However, I would like to attempt to correct your understanding of what we Christians believe concerning God being too busy to be concerned about humans on the earth.

Before Jesus went away, He said that he was not leaving us as orphans, but is leaving the Holy Spirit to comfort and teach us. In the meantime, he must go away to prepare a perfect place for us in heaven and to put His enemies in Heaven under His control. This was going to take more time than we would think, because He plans on doing it right and is not going to just make a quick fix.

But we are not to worry for everything done on this earth will be recorded and everyone will be judged for what they do, good or bad, after He returns.

That might not make sense too you, but that is the way I see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree