1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Who knows? I believe it is pure unadulterated narcassism to claim that humans are the only intelligent life in the universe.
    You are right though. There is intelligent life in the universe, well, above it anyway. See there's the sky on Earth, the universe, and above the universe, Heaven. Not too difficult a concept to grasp.
    If humans could somehow bypass space, they would go into heaven, but that is impossible.
    (Or is it?)😉
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:11
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    So where are the other life forms? Why aren't they trying to dilligently find us as we are them? What's in the universe? Space. See, we gave it the correct name, space. Is there life in space, no, because it's space. Darkness except for the celestial beings(planets, stars, etc). Humans want some type of Star Wars fantasy to be reality but the fact of the matter is, space is just that. Empty, barren, dark, nothingness.
    You are unbelieveably stupid sometimes.

Listen, we've only had the technology to broadcast radio signals for around 80 years, okay. Any signals WE'VE sent out, haven't even reached our nearest neighbouring star yet, numbnuts. If there are advanced technologies out there, broadcasting right this second, we might not learn about them for tens of thousands of years.
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:12
    Originally posted by amannion
    No, the natural instinct of ALL animals, including humans is to survive and reproduce. That might require killing and eating each other - but I'm not sure why you'd use the term 'in cold blood'. You do exactly the same thing when you tuck down to a nice juicy steak, or fish, or chicken - an animal has been killed, and you're eating it.
    I'm not referring to the natural order of the body, i'm referring to the natural order of the human mind.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:13
    I'm not referring to the natural order of the body, i'm referring to the natural order of the human mind.
    No you weren't, stop backtracking.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:13
    So where are the other life forms? Why aren't they trying to dilligently find us as we are them? What's in the universe? Space. See, we gave it the correct name, space. Is there life in space, no, because it's space. Darkness except for the celestial beings(planets, stars, etc). Humans want some type of Star Wars fantasy to be reality but the fact of the matter is, space is just that. Empty, barren, dark, nothingness.
    Aah, I think you're mistaking the notion of life in space. Life in space is taken to mean, life on planets (or moons) other than the Earth - not literally life in space.

And why would other life forms, if they exist, be trying to locate us?
    You're assuming motivations in them that we just can't.

By the way, space is far from empty.
    Molecular hydrogen, gas clouds of organic compounds ....
  6. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:14

Listen, we've only had the technology to broadcast radio signals for around 80 years, okay. Any signals WE'VE sent out, haven't even reached our nearest neighbouring star yet, numbnuts. If there are advanced technologies out there, broadcasting right this second, we might not learn about them for tens of thousands of years.
    So, how is that essential to anything?
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:15
    You are right though. There is intelligent life in the universe, well, above it anyway. See there's the sky on Earth, the universe, and above the universe, Heaven. Not too difficult a concept to grasp.
    If humans could somehow bypass space, they would go into heaven, but that is impossible.
    (Or is it?)😉
    RS, you were born about 600 years too late.
    Your cosmology is better suited to the early middle ages.

Heaven above the universe ... that just cracks me up ....
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:16

Well that's not strictly true, since a sphere of radius 80 light years around the Earth includes quite a few stars ...
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:16
    Aah, I think you're mistaking the notion of life in space. Life in space is taken to mean, life on planets (or moons) other than the Earth - not literally life in space.

And why would other life forms, if they exist, be trying to locate us?
    You're assuming motivations in them that we just can't.

By the way, space is far from empty.
    Molecular hydrogen, gas clouds of organic compounds ....
    I'm talking about any life in space period weither it be on a planet or not. It's just not possible. Scientists say it would take tens of thousands of years for some intelligent life in the universe to respond back to Earth. That not only sounds far-fetched, but irrational.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:20
    I'm talking about any life in space period weither it be on a planet or not. It's just not possible. Scientists say it would take tens of thousands of years for some intelligent life in the universe to respond back to Earth. That not only sounds far-fetched, but irrational.
    Hang on, you're confusing two completely different ideas.
    Life exists on a planet - the Earth. It could possibly exist on other planets - assuming the conditions that support life were favourable on those planets.

Communicating with intelligent life is another story, and relies on the very fast but finite speed of light/radio. The rime it would take for radio signals to travel through space from a hypothetical world to us here on Earth would be entirely dependent on how far away that world was. 10 light years away - 10 years travel time. 200 lights years away - 200 years travel time. 1000 light years away - 1000 years travel time.

That's basic physics.
  11. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:21
    No you weren't, stop backtracking.
    It's important that clarity is expressed in the forums. I think that it was only natural for humans to develop science and technology and all that crap. It's the natural order of the human mind when it is away from GOD to question the Earth. I don't think Science is anything to be proud of, because it's just the human mind doing what it is capable of naturally, no different from a lion silently hunting it's prey form the bushes or a leapord bringing it's kill into a tree to keep other predators from stealing it.
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 00:24
    It's important that clarity is expressed in the forums. I think that it was only natural for humans to develop science and technology and all that crap. It's the natural order of the human mind when it is away from GOD to question the Earth. I don't think Science is anything to be proud of, because it's just the human mind doing what it is capable o ...[text shortened]... shes or a leapord bringing it's kill into a tree to keep other predators from stealing it.
    A leapord?
    Is that some kind of leaping creature?

Anything like a leopard?

A bit hypocritical don't you think - berating science but living off the fruits of its efforts?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 01:24
    So, how is that essential to anything?
    It means, just for your education - I suggest you get quite a bit more - that the fact that we haven't heard from any other civilisations doesn't mean that they don't exist.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 01:25
    It's important that clarity is expressed in the forums. I think that it was only natural for humans to develop science and technology and all that crap. It's the natural order of the human mind when it is away from GOD to question the Earth. I don't think Science is anything to be proud of, because it's just the human mind doing what it is capable o ...[text shortened]... shes or a leapord bringing it's kill into a tree to keep other predators from stealing it.
    You don;t think science is anything to be proud of because you're an idiot. No more, no less.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 01:26
    Well that's not strictly true, since a sphere of radius 80 light years around the Earth includes quite a few stars ...
    True, my apologies. However, space being big, within that sphere the chances of our radiowaves hitting a planet supporting advanced life forms is remote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree