1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 07:34
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    As I said, "God grants His righteousness upon those He chooses" if they want to believe
    people can stand before the Lord God Almighty who is Holy in their own righteousness,
    they have a high opinion of people, and a low opinion of a Holy God.
    Sorry Kelly but I really don't think you are addressing the passage provided:

"Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God."

Here we have a man who is judged righteous by God and who walked faithfully with Him. What we don't have is a record of a man who was gifted this righteousness. Indeed, it is 'because' Noah was righteous (in his own right) and faithful to God that he and his family were sparred the flood. (Allegedly). What sense would it make for God to arbitrarily make someone righteous and then save them for being so?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 07:541 edit
    Well when it is all said and done your knowledge will be put to the test.
    .Yes.
    Not just in the future, which you seem to infer a lot, but on a daily, moment by moment basis.
    My greatest devils are my own, as I would suggest is the same with everyone else.
    There is enlightenment and liberation.
    I believe I have achieved liberation* , which to my understanding refers to the acceptance of ones own mortality. To be truly unafraid of it .
    I believe I have achieved this but unless someone had a loaded gun to my head I can't be 100% sure
    What do you think?

*in a Hindu sense
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 11:101 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    What sense would it make for God to arbitrarily make someone righteous and then save them for being so?
    😀 Bet he wont answer that question.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 13:13
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Sorry Kelly but I really don't think you are addressing the passage provided:

"Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God."

Here we have a man who is judged righteous by God and who walked faithfully with Him. What we don't have is a record of a man who was gifted this righteousness. Ind ...[text shortened]... nse would it make for God to arbitrarily make someone righteous and then save them for being so?
    As I said those that walked before Christ did sacrifices as part of their walk. They did that over and over due to sin, God removed the need for that once and for all with Jesus.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '17 14:302 edits
    As I said those that walked before Christ did sacrifices as part of their walk. They did that over and over due to sin, God removed the need for that once and for all with Jesus.
    Let's take a close look at one of the passages:
    Luke 1
    5 In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. 6They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

It doesn't say, "They were both righteous in the sight of God because even though they didn't walk blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord, they did sacrifices over and over again as part of their walk".

What it does say is, "They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord". "Blamelessly" as in "without blame" in "ALL the commandments and requirements of the Lord".

This is an example of how you go about ignoring passages that are contrary to your beliefs. You read things into those passages that aren't there. To you, it doesn't matter what the verses actually say. You ignore what the passages actually say.

"The truth will make you free".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree