1. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110442
    28 Mar '15 23:49
    Evolution and the Big Bang are theories with scientific evidence. God is a hypothesis with no scientific evidence. Faith in god is make believe!
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    78523
    29 Mar '15 00:07
    Does evidence necessarily have to be scientific to be acceptable and what are your criteria for evidence not to be scientific?
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    29 Mar '15 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Evolution and the Big Bang are theories with scientific evidence. God is a hypothesis with no scientific evidence. Faith in god is make believe!
    The ad populum evidence that's often used could perhaps be said to have been collected by demographers using scientific methods.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    29 Mar '15 00:49
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Evolution and the Big Bang are theories with scientific evidence. God is a hypothesis with no scientific evidence. Faith in god is make believe!
    I believe the creation alone is enough evidence for the Creator.

    We know that there have been many frauds in support of the evolution of ape to man, so the Big Bang and Evolution Theory may be an example of dishonest scientific work in the past that needs to be retracted like the following:

    Retractions of dishonest scientific papers rose 1,900% in nine years

    Studies suggest that a majority of papers are retracted due to deliberate falsification by researchers, rather than simple mistakes.

    Fabrication is perhaps the most egregious and difficult-to-detect form of fraud, consisting of reporting completely made-up data. Zietman notes that reports of fabrication are incredibly difficult to investigate, as it often comes down to one researcher's word against another's.

    Falsification consists of either manipulating the methodology of the study in order to guarantee a certain result or of omitting or changing data after the completion of a study.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/044806_study_retractions_scientific_papers_academic_dishonesty.html
  5. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110442
    29 Mar '15 00:59
    The bible certainly does not provide proof of anything. How can you be sure it was not falsified?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    29 Mar '15 02:22
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The bible certainly does not provide proof of anything. How can you be sure it was not falsified?
    We are humans with limited knowledge and abilities, so we either accept information as true or not. I don't know how anyone can be sure of anything. I can't even be sure that you will read and understand what I write or that it will not be falsified. I can only believe and hope by using my own logic and reason as I suppose you also will do.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    29 Mar '15 03:501 edit
    There are many things in life that we will not see ourselves and must rely on the eyewitness testimony of others and our ability to use reason and logic to determine what we should believe. One example in the New testament is the crucifixion and resurrection of Yahshua, Jesus the Christ. One of His disciples would not believe others and had to see for himself.

    Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

    So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

    And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

    And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

    Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

    (John 20:24-29 NKJV)

    We are in the position of those who have not seen. However, we do have the evidence of the empty tomb in Jerusalem plus the Shroud of Turin with the supernatural radioactive image of the crucifixion and the face cloth called the Sudarium of Oviedo.

    The Shroud of Turin: Proof of the Resurrection

    http://www.british-israel.ca/shroud.htm

    Yemi Balogun interviews Dr Richard Kent about The Shroud of Turin & The Sudarium of Oviedo.

    YouTube
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    29 Mar '15 14:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    The ad populum evidence that's often used could perhaps be said to have been collected by demographers using scientific methods.
    Collected scientifically or not, the premise still stands, just because it's popular doesn't mean it is true. If there are 7 billion theists on Earth and 1 billion atheists, doesn't mean either one is true. 1 billion disbelievers won't make a real god disappear and 7 billion believers won't make a nonexistent god appear.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    29 Mar '15 18:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Collected scientifically or not, the premise still stands, just because it's popular doesn't mean it is true. If there are 7 billion theists on Earth and 1 billion atheists, doesn't mean either one is true. 1 billion disbelievers won't make a real god disappear and 7 billion believers won't make a nonexistent god appear.
    What premise?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    31 Mar '15 12:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What premise?
    Are you being deliberately dense or obtuse? The premise of the ad populum argument, where basically you say '50 million Frenchmen can't be wrong'.
  11. Maryland
    Joined
    10 Jun '05
    Moves
    110442
    31 Mar '15 13:41
    Remember, theists are heavy into make believe!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    31 Mar '15 16:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you being deliberately dense or obtuse? The premise of the ad populum argument, where basically you say '50 million Frenchmen can't be wrong'.
    I make it a point to never say that. 🙂
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    31 Mar '15 17:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you being deliberately dense or obtuse? The premise of the ad populum argument, where basically you say '50 million Frenchmen can't be wrong'.
    The more witnesses to an event the more likely it is true, especially when there is forensic evidence available that collaborates the testimonies. You seem to be the one that is being deliberately dense or obtuse. 😏
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    31 Mar '15 18:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The more witnesses to an event the more likely it is true, especially when there is forensic evidence available that collaborates the testimonies. You seem to be the one that is being deliberately dense or obtuse. 😏
    You mean creationist wishful thinking forensic evidence. The evidence is only in your mind not the real world. You see what you want to see. I wait till evidence comes in. You wait for the next creationist BS video and when his layer after layer of pure bullshyte is on display you agree with him swallowing his BS tale hook line and sinker.

    And you call yourself a near genius.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    31 Mar '15 19:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean creationist wishful thinking forensic evidence. The evidence is only in your mind not the real world. You see what you want to see. I wait till evidence comes in. You wait for the next creationist BS video and when his layer after layer of pure bullshyte is on display you agree with him swallowing his BS tale hook line and sinker.

    And you call yourself a near genius.
    You know that the Shroud of Turin is not wishful thinking or made up in my mind, but is real forensic evidence examined and declared real and authentic by scientists. So why don't you stop your BS and accept the truth?
Back to Top