So god believes 2 wrongs make a right?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 18:36
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I believe you misunderstood. God was not trying to make it right. The point of a curse is to magnify the wrong. 😏
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 18:58
    No I did not misunderstand. You are saying god created ebola because man sinned. Why does god want to punish innocents now because of a sin long ago? The answer is god is not punishing anyone. Ebola, a life form, evolved on its own. It happens to be dangerous to everyone whether sins have been committed or not.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '15 00:561 edit
    No I did not misunderstand. You are saying god created ebola because man sinned. Why does god want to punish innocents now because of a sin long ago? The answer is god is not punishing anyone. Ebola, a life form, evolved on its own. It happens to be dangerous to everyone whether sins have been committed or not.
    I did not say god created ebola. When you say god, do you mean Satan the god of this world?
    If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 NLT)
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Apr '15 05:18
    Double Talk gibberish!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 00:13
    Double Talk gibberish!
    Then talk straight and stop the gibberish.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 00:36
    You are a waste of my time i am sorry to say.😞
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 18:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Collected scientifically or not, the premise still stands, just because it's popular doesn't mean it is true. If there are 7 billion theists on Earth and 1 billion atheists, doesn't mean either one is true. 1 billion disbelievers won't make a real god disappear and 7 billion believers won't make a nonexistent god appear.
    Amazing, we agree. 🙂
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 18:49
    Two wrongs?
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 20:07
    Yes, according to hines, man sinned (one wrong) and for punishment, god created ebola (second wrong).
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 20:16
    Yes, according to hines, man sinned (one wrong) and for punishment, god created ebola (second wrong).
    You don't believe in cause and effect?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 21:01
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How about the idea that diseases are opportunistic and will find a way to worm their way into life forms of all kinds. Mentioning ebola as some kind of retribution is about as lame as you can get. So now diseases in general are from the hand of some kind of insanely jealous god. Great. Remind me again why I dislike religion?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 23:17
    How about the idea that diseases are opportunistic and will find a way to worm their way into life forms of all kinds. Mentioning ebola as some kind of retribution is about as lame as you can get. So now diseases in general are from the hand of some kind of insanely jealous god. Great. Remind me again why I dislike religion?
    You need to understand that it was humans that betrayed God by cooperating with Satan and his fallen angels. It was not God that brought on death and disease. A curse by God is the pronouncement of what outcome will result from our sins. It does not mean God caused them. We caused them, including ebola, as a natural result of our actions.

I will not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom, nor your spouses when they commit adultery: for themselves are separated with whores, and they sacrifice with harlots: therefore the people that doth not understand shall fall.

(Hosea 4:14 KJV)
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 00:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Cause and effect. Is this the well established mechanism by which something happens, call it A, then something else happens, call it B, because God willed it?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 00:54
    How about that, if diseases are just opportunistic then why call it evil? Evil
    is only there if there is a good that should be done or not done! With
    respect to God being jealous, Him wanting the best for us instead of the
    worse doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree