1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '15 00:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Collected scientifically or not, the premise still stands, just because it's popular doesn't mean it is true. If there are 7 billion theists on Earth and 1 billion atheists, doesn't mean either one is true. 1 billion disbelievers won't make a real god disappear and 7 billion believers won't make a nonexistent god appear.
    Yes, argumentum ad populum. If seven billion people understood that a comment was ironic, but you did not, it doesn't necessarily mean that the comment was ironic and that you're "wrong", I suppose.
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    01 Apr '15 16:19
    A joke is funny to some people and not funny to others. To me, religion is a joke!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Apr '15 17:42
    Originally posted by 667joe
    A joke is funny to some people and not funny to others. To me, religion is a joke!
    And to me atheism and the theory of evolution is the funniest and stupidest of them all. 😀
  4. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Apr '15 20:10
    You are living in a fantasy world with blinders on. I am not providing ignorant people such as you a pass just because you use the trump card of religion. There is plenty of evidence for evolution. Evolution is much more believable than resurrections, virgin births, talking snakes and a 6000 year old earth! Zeus and Thor have faded into oblivion and the time will come when belief that Christ is the son of god will also be just as remote! If I were you, I would not be so willing to show people your juvenile beliefs!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 08:40
    You are living in a fantasy world with blinders on. I am not providing ignorant people such as you a pass just because you use the trump card of religion. There is plenty of evidence for evolution. Evolution is much more believable than resurrections, virgin births, talking snakes and a 6000 year old earth! Zeus and Thor have faded into oblivion and the t ...[text shortened]... just as remote! If I were you, I would not be so willing to show people your juvenile beliefs!
    I know miracles are not every day happenings and are hard to believe. But the empty tomb in Jerusalem and the Shroud of Turin is strong evidence that a resurrection did take place. If Christ did rise from the dead, then there remains that possibility that Christ will indeed return and raise those that believe in Him. Therefore, I shall hold on to that fantasy world of resurrections as a possibility. I see nothing better.

In my opinion the fantasy of a frog or monkey becoming a prince by the theory of evolution is even harder to believe and of no benefit to me even if it could happen. 😏
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 10:21
    Evolution does not say a frog will become a prince. Evolution says it is possible that, given the passage of enough generations, a descendants of a frog could change into other species. Indeed, there is no doubt that if you were to go back enough generations, you and an earth worm and a tree have a common relative!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 10:42
    Evolution does not say a frog will become a prince. Evolution says it is possible that, given the passage of enough generations, a descendants of a frog could change into other species. Indeed, there is no doubt that if you were to go back enough generations, you and an earth worm and a tree have a common relative!
    Close enough. But it is still something to believe and I don't believe it, because I have a different belief that makes more sense to me.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 11:49
    Forgive me if I trust Darwin, Watson and Crick and Mendel more than I trust hines.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 11:541 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Close enough. But it is still something to believe and I don't believe it, because I have a different belief that makes more sense to me.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/talkingsnake.html 😵
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Apr '15 16:31
    Originally posted by Agerg
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/talkingsnake.html 😵
    I guess we should inform josephw that you really are that dumb. 😏
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 02:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I guess we should inform josephw that you really are that dumb. 😏
    So where is your proof the moon was cooled by water?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 03:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So where is your proof the moon was cooled by water?
    It was a suggestion as a possibility. I have no proof it actually happened.

Where is your proof the moon was cooled by some other means or even needed to be cooled?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 03:42
    Forgive me if I trust Darwin, Watson and Crick and Mendel more than I trust hines.
    For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

(Romans 1:20 NIV)
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 06:21
    Evolution explains ebola. If ebola were created by god, why?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 06:42
    Evolution explains ebola. If ebola were created by god, why?
    Ebola is probably one result of the curse for sin against God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree