1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 May '15 11:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Windows of opportunity with the universe being so very old my biggest complaint against
    evolution is that so much has to be just right. The material all has to be in the right place,
    it has to be there in the proper amounts, it has to connect in just the right way, all of that
    has to happen in an environment that would allow for it to survive and not onl ...[text shortened]... very
    bad can happen either to go from the starting point of no life to the amount we see today.
    For you to exist KellyJay is a miracle. (And i don't mean that in a religious sense). Your current existence on this planet is almost impossible (mind mindbogglingly so). Think of all your ancestors going back thousands (*millions) of years all having to meet at precisely the right time in order for you to have come into existence. Any slight divergence (perhaps your great great grandfather missing the bus that would have introduced him to your great great grandmother) and you wouldn't be here. You, KellyJay are an impossibility, defying all the odds, and yet here you are.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '15 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    For you to exist KellyJay is a miracle. (And i don't mean that in a religious sense). Your current existence on this planet is almost impossible (mind mindbogglingly so). Think of all your ancestors going back thousands (*millions) of years all having to meet at precisely the right time in order for you to have come into existence. Any slight diverge ...[text shortened]... ouldn't be here. You, KellyJay are an impossibility, defying all the odds, and yet here you are.
    As I pointed out I think the odds of just having the WHOLE UNIVERSE setup just so that
    life could happen is beyond placing a number to quantify odds for or against. Then you
    introduce evolution which has all life in a state of flux goes against it too, for if the
    changes are random, than there is no set place where the process discontinues.

I like the idea just keeping the good and moving on but random chance doesn't see good
    or bad so acquiring the proper thickness for say a vein wouldn't automatically send a
    signal to the evolutionary genie telling the process to stop it would just keep on keeping
    on changing the thickness until it found one that stopped all life from continuing forward
    due to catastrophic failure.

Natural Selection sounds nice, it makes for great science fiction, but only through good
    programming could you pull that off, and we know what is required for programming.
    I mean it sounds good getting to keep only the good, but there is no such thing with
    random mutations.

With respect to me being here, we are here due to the system of life in place right now.
    All the pieces of the puzzle are in place preforming as they should so I don't have an
    issue with that. It isn't like you and others here suggest we started how *no idea* and
    we through random chance *against odds we cannot even put a number too* form on
    a piece of the universe that happens to have all of the necessary ingredients present,
    all in the proper place, all being able to connect to each other in the right places, all
    happening in an area that doesn't kill it off right away or any time afterwards, and so on.

Talk about miracles your belief system requires more faith than mine and I am talking
    about a religious sense of the word.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '15 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    For you to exist KellyJay is a miracle. (And i don't mean that in a religious sense). Your current existence on this planet is almost impossible (mind mindbogglingly so). Think of all your ancestors going back thousands (*millions) of years all having to meet at precisely the right time in order for you to have come into existence. Any slight diverge ...[text shortened]... ouldn't be here. You, KellyJay are an impossibility, defying all the odds, and yet here you are.
    Yes, that is indeed a clear proof of the creative miracle of God. Science does not accept miracles. So it rules out science. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree