1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 19:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Why do you continue to claim to be a Christian and yet deny and ignore the truth in the Holy Bible?
    I think that is a very unfair assertion to make.

Why is somebody less of a Christian because they fail to share your prehistoric interpretation of the bible?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 19:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Why is somebody less of a Christian because they fail to share your prehistoric interpretation of the bible?
    prehistoric interpretation?

You might want to think about rephrasing that, especially in light of Hinds YEC viewpoint. I'm just saying...

😕😛
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, the dichotomy is that the film, due out in March 2016, is not a DC property, afaik anyways, and that the director has a free hand to interpret the characters as he wants. This is also why I hate these many 'reboots'. How many 'origin' stories should there be?

On the other hand, the video game "Injustice: Gods Among Us" uses the new DC Wonder Woma ...[text shortened]... where WW fights a character named 'Killer Frost':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11mfZv9JGEI
    Based on the Wonder Woman backstory the second pic (holding a sword) is probably the most accurate visual representation, because she originally came from a tribe of (benevolent) amazonian warrior women.

In my opinion the most realistic super hero would have to be Batman, because he doesn't posses any special or supernatural power. Seeing his parents being murdered traumatized him and led to a life of fighting crime. And being wealthy enabled him to afford the high tech car and gadgets and computers, and anything else he might want to have in his arsenal. So none of this is beyond the realm of possibility... a bit exaggerated maybe, but still mostly realistic.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 20:30
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    [b]prehistoric interpretation?

You might want to think about rephrasing that, especially in light of Hinds YEC viewpoint. I'm just saying...

😕😛[/b]
    🙂 The use of the word was for my own mischievous amusement.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 20:37
    Well, the dichotomy is that the film, due out in March 2016, is not a DC property, afaik anyways, and that the director has a free hand to interpret the characters as he wants. This is also why I hate these many 'reboots'. How many 'origin' stories should there be?

On the other hand, the video game "Injustice: Gods Among Us" uses the new DC Wonder Woma ...[text shortened]... where WW fights a character named 'Killer Frost':

YouTube

Oh my goodness! What do you suppose divegeester might think if he sees this gratuitous display of abhorrent violence? We must always ask ourselves, "What would divegeester do?"

Chick Fight!
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jul '15 20:44
    🙂 The use of the word was for my own mischievous amusement.
    And my reply was for my mischievous amusement . 😀
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jul '15 23:56

How many 'origin' stories should there be?

I still don't know how supergirl could be younger than superman if he was only a baby when he left Krypton, because the planet blew up shortly after he was sent out into space.

Was she was traveling through outer space much longer than he was, and relativity caused her to age slowly as he was growing up on Earth? That's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 00:50

Why can't I ask a fellow Christian a question without atheists assuming the worst of me? Am I striking a nerve with the truth? 😏
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 00:53
    [b]How many 'origin' stories should there be?

I still don't know how supergirl could be younger than superman if he was only a baby when he left Krypton, because the planet blew up shortly after he was sent out into space.

Was she was traveling through outer space much longer than he was, and relativity caused her to age slowly as he was growing up on Earth? That's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.[/b]
    Comic books do not have to make sense. They are Fantasy entertainment.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Jul '15 04:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Comic books do not have to make sense. They are Fantasy entertainment.
    Well sure, but even a little kid who knows Superman's backstory might wonder how Supergirl was able to show up later on, and I don't know what (if any) backstory was originally given to explain this.

Inquiring minds want to know. The mind wants what it wants.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 05:29
    Well sure, but even a little kid who knows Superman's backstory might wonder how Supergirl was able to show up later on, and I don't know what (if any) backstory was originally given to explain this.

Inquiring minds want to know. The mind wants what it wants.
    That appears to also be the way the evolutionists sell their stories of billions of years by coming up with new back stories when they need it. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree