1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 17:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    My alias is FabianFnas. Some of you remember me from earlier because I have been active in these forums a while ago. Newer members perhaps need an introduction.

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet. In my teens i started to think for myself and come to the conclusion that the old truths perhaps isn't the real truths at all, ...[text shortened]... Don't invite me to clans, clubs, or games. But send me a personal mail if you want, I love them!
    Hi FabianFnas, good to see you again.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 18:45
    Originally posted by redbarons
    I thought a british spin was required because we brits never enter an argument if we know we cant win.
    Sadly the battles of Saratoga may have proved otherwise. By the way have you read the Red Barons book? Its a wonderful read and not too long as well, I think its available on-line.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 19:482 edits
    My alias is FabianFnas. Some of you remember me from earlier because I have been active in these forums a while ago. Newer members perhaps need an introduction.

I am brought up in a christian family and bought the whole packet. In my teens i started to think for myself and come to the conclusion that the old truths perhaps isn't the real truths at all, ...[text shortened]... Don't invite me to clans, clubs, or games. But send me a personal mail if you want, I love them!
    How do you do FabianFnas?

The tag doesn't seem to remind me of anyone, but welcome back.

Americans, Swedish, Indian, Korean, etc. etc. ?
    I think the most important aspects of this Spirituality Forum transcend national characteristics and national pride.

Welcome back.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 08:40
    FabianFnas,
    Do you debate to find answers for your personal life, or just to debate? I hope that you find the truth when it comes to your soul.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 08:49
    On a side note, we can be told by the psychology field that. . .

we are not put here on this earth to live up to someone else's expectations.

However, even the psychological field in life is hypocritical. It teaches one thing, but does the opposite. If someone wants to kill themselves, why does that person get put in 72 hour observation or more? Why is that person put in lock down and monitored?

I don't want people to kill themselves who have no eternal life to go to. Even Judas Iscariot hung himself, I guess. Why did they not put him into 72 hour or more observation? Why didn't they lock him up?

Even American psychology is hypocritical. Again, I don't want people without eternal life to kill themselves, nor saved people, but apparently "society" does expect us to follow their expectations. We are helpless people involving ourselves in helpless people. We need God. We need Him desperately.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 09:24
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    FabianFnas,
    Do you debate to find answers for your personal life, or just to debate? I hope that you find the truth when it comes to your soul.
    My main reason to debate is to make the whole puzzle of knowledge to fit together. To ask questions and see if this new piece of information can match better than what I thought before. I am here to gather knowledge.

I am not here to ask a question and unconditionally believe in the answer. An answer like "God is all the answer you need" isn't an answer at all, but pose many more questions. This piece if information doesn't fit in my puzzle of knowledge at all.

I will never find the Universal Truth, of that I am sure. I'm happy if I feel nearer the Truth than I did before.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 09:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    How do you do FabianFnas?

The tag doesn't seem to remind me of anyone, but welcome back.

Americans, Swedish, Indian, Korean, etc. etc. ?
    I think the [b]most
    important aspects of this Spirituality Forum transcend national characteristics and national pride.

Welcome back.[/b]
    Thank you sonship! I am all fine! 🙂
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 09:56
    My main reason to debate is to make the whole puzzle of knowledge to fit together. To ask questions and see if this new piece of information can match better than what I thought before. I am here to gather knowledge.

I am not here to ask a question and unconditionally believe in the answer. An answer like "God is all the answer you need" isn't an answe ...[text shortened]... the Universal Truth, of that I am sure. I'm happy if I feel nearer the Truth than I did before.
    "I will never find the Universal Truth, of that I am sure."

Making the claim you will never find the Universal Truth sort of screams out
    you will never acknowledge it even if it is in front of you, because if it’s
    there and you have your back up against, you’ll be lost to it.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 10:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "I will never find the Universal Truth, of that I am sure."

Making the claim you will never find the Universal Truth sort of screams out
    you will never acknowledge it even if it is in front of you, because if it’s
    there and you have your back up against, you’ll be lost to it.
    Kelly
    There is only one Universal Ultimate Truth. Everyone who claims that he has the UT is wrong, dead wrong, and cannot be taken seriously. Noone can ever reach this Ultimate Truth. Every piece I can gather that fits ino my personal puzzle of knowledge, if rightly place (which I never can be sure about), is a small step, a tiny step, towards the Ultimate Truth. But I will not ever reach it completely. The life span is too short. The whole future is too short.

The above is one of my personal truths, not even sure that it is the trut, but it's mine, and I go for it until I find a better one.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 11:42
    Fabian,

You typed. . .
    I will never find the Universal Truth, of that I am sure. I'm happy if I feel nearer the Truth than I did before.

We don't have to know all universal truth nor all truth in the realm of God, but we do need to know how to get to God.

Life is a mystery and so is God, but accepting Christ as Savior is a step closer to finding more knowledge. Rejecting Christ as Savior is a step backwards away form more knowledge. God did not give us all knowledge, but we don't need all knowledge to be saved. Christ is the life for the the world. And the life was light. So go to the light.

King James Version
    ====================
    John 1: 1-13
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 12:32
    There is only one Universal Ultimate Truth. Everyone who claims that he has the UT is wrong, dead wrong, and cannot be taken seriously. Noone can ever reach this Ultimate Truth. Every piece I can gather that fits ino my personal puzzle of knowledge, if rightly place (which I never can be sure about), is a small step, a tiny step, towards the Ultimate Trut ...[text shortened]... hs, not even sure that it is the trut, but it's mine, and I go for it until I find a better one.
    Perhaps you should become a JW, because according to them it is so simple and there are no mysteries. The Watchtower has it all figured out for you.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps you should become a JW, because according to them it is so simple and there are no mysteries. The Watchtower has it all figured out for you.
    Amazing how you can turn a simple sentence into a pejorative. But that is your MO. Ridicule everyone who doesn't fall down in front of you kissing your shoes and telling you how incredibly right you are and where could we have been so blind before?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 15:24
    There is only one Universal Ultimate Truth. Everyone who claims that he has the UT is wrong, dead wrong, and cannot be taken seriously. Noone can ever reach this Ultimate Truth. Every piece I can gather that fits ino my personal puzzle of knowledge, if rightly place (which I never can be sure about), is a small step, a tiny step, towards the Ultimate Trut ...[text shortened]... hs, not even sure that it is the trut, but it's mine, and I go for it until I find a better one.
    I guess your statement about universal truth cannot be taken as true than
    either, since you are making one? If there is a universal truth, it is not
    dependent upon us to accept or reject, it will be true no matter what we
    believe. To take a stand as you are DOING now only blinds you to the
    chance one could be there and you REFUSE to even acknowledge it, nothing
    more. Not very good science to reject no matter what something that
    could be real, it is more a faith based belief on your part the way you are
    making a stand.
    Kelly
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 15:39
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I guess your statement about universal truth cannot be taken as true than
    either, since you are making one? If there is a universal truth, it is not
    dependent upon us to accept or reject, it will be true no matter what we
    believe. To take a stand as you are DOING now only blinds you to the
    chance one could be there and you REFUSE to even acknowledge it, ...[text shortened]... ld be real, it is more a faith based belief on your part the way you are
    making a stand.
    Kelly
    Which is the standard reply from the theistic POV, everything a non-theist thinks HAS to be a belief, therefore keeping the mind of the theist happy in the thought that everything is the same, two sides of one coin.

The thing about belief is this: it seldom can change or change on time scales exceeding human life spans. Example: the mellowing out of the Catholic church from the time when it was literally a capital punishment to dare to defy Catholic rule to the present time when they never kill someone for refusing to follow their edicts.

That took something like 1000 years.

A non theist who examines the world through the eyes of science say, or philosophy can change in human life scales of time, maybe in a couple of days, say we find a 200 million year old fossilized rabbit, that would throw evolution out on its proverbial ear and change the minds of people around the world in a big hurry.

The theist has no such possibility of change.

The theist just goes on believing his or her theism is THE correct theism and ALL the rest are bogus and since no god comes down to refute or prove the case, ALL theists can be content that their particular brand of theism is THE correct brand and all others are bogus. This year, last year, next year, this decade, last decade, the next decade. This century, last century, next century and so on down the long narrow road of time.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Which is the standard reply from the theistic POV, everything a non-theist thinks HAS to be a belief, therefore keeping the mind of the theist happy in the thought that everything is the same, two sides of one coin.

The thing about belief is this: it seldom can change or change on time scales exceeding human life spans. Example: the mellowing out of the ...[text shortened]... xt decade. This century, last century, next century and so on down the long narrow road of time.
    It had NOTHING to do with him being a theist or not, you didn't see one
    word in that statement about God from me. If you declare you'd never
    accept something as true, you put up walls now that would prohibit you
    from ever accepting that your wrong. That could be true about evolution,
    age of earth, God, or any other topic that gets discussed here. I don't
    care what side you are on as soon as you dig in your heels you closed
    yourself off, that is what you have done.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree